Revving up electric car industry, Israeli firm develops 5-minute-charge battery

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

megman
Nanook of the North

Revving up electric car industry, Israeli firm develops 5-minute-charge battery

Post by megman »

Israeli company StoreDot announced Tuesday that in a landmark achievement in the electric vehicle industry, it had managed to develop the world’s first car battery that can be fully charged in just five minutes.

However, the invention will take time to become commercially feasible since the ultra-fast charge would require much higher-power chargers than are currently available, The Guardian reported.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/revving-u ... e-battery/
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: Revving up electric car industry, Israeli firm develops 5-minute-charge battery

Post by Wut »

BigRedRetard wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:33 pm Image
:+1:
wut?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Revving up electric car industry, Israeli firm develops 5-minute-charge battery

Post by FSchmertz »

It charges in 5 minutes!

P.S. And it discharges in 2.5! ;)

P.P.S. They discovered WTC's B battery!
Last edited by FSchmertz on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

the near future is in battery development. no question about it.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Of course, the big issue will be charging stations. And even home charging stations, assuming it's not some weird electrical setup.

The closest electric charging station near me is about three miles up the road, in a private parking lot. Won't do me much good.

Electrical grid infrastructure is going to be the big issue, much like having gas stations on every three corners of the average modern street intersection.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

BigRedRetard wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:52 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:39 pm Of course, the big issue will be charging stations. And even home charging stations, assuming it's not some weird electrical setup.

The closest electric charging station near me is about three miles up the road, in a private parking lot. Won't do me much good.

Electrical grid infrastructure is going to be the big issue, much like having gas stations on every three corners of the average modern street intersection.
I read it will take 100 years to replace the current petrol infrastructure in the US.
well, and there is that pesky concern that has never been addressed called the "gas tax". The tax that pays for all of the roads that these battery cars drive on. The ones that don't pay a gas tax.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:45 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:39 pm Of course, the big issue will be charging stations. And even home charging stations, assuming it's not some weird electrical setup.

I read it will take 100 years to replace the current petrol infrastructure in the US.
well, and there is that pesky concern that has never been addressed called the "gas tax". The tax that pays for all of the roads that these battery cars drive on. The ones that don't pay a gas tax.
Rumor I heard is they're going to mandate some sort of mileage monitoring on cars and tax based on that (I guess send you a bill?).
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

LOL. I guess sending a lightning bolt directly into the gas tank would fill that bitch pretty fast. But how will we know when and where lightning will strike, Marty?!
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 pm

Rumor I heard is they're going to mandate some sort of mileage monitoring on cars and tax based on that (I guess send you a bill?).
i guess if water and electric companies can read your meter without actually reading the meter, then they should have technology to capture your odometer reading without seeing inside your car.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

I take issue with that statement. Here in SC they collect ever increasing "gas tax" but damn little is spent on the roads. It goes into an "infrastructure bank" that is little more than a slush fund for the legislature's pet projects.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Animal wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:22 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 pm

i guess if water and electric companies can read your meter without actually reading the meter, then they should have technology to capture your odometer reading without seeing inside your car.
They do read the meters. They do it electronically not manually. Electric is read through the power lines. Natural gas and water have a vehicle that passes by and does it via radio. Generally speaking.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:27 pm
They do read the meters. They do it electronically not manually. Electric is read through the power lines. Natural gas and water have a vehicle that passes by and does it via radio. Generally speaking.
No. I know how they do it. I just mean, if they can read those meters without looking at the actual dial wheel on the meter, then they should be able to develop some method of remotely reading an odometer.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:31 pm
No. I know how they do it. I just mean, if they can read those meters without looking at the actual dial wheel on the meter, then they should be able to develop some method of remotely reading an odometer.
That won't work. Think of the collection method.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

One electric car mfg can updated the operating system via cellular. Easy to get info from the car that way.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Just drive the car in reverse and you can get a tax refund.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Blast wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:21 am
Just drive the car in reverse and you can get a tax refund.
Just put it up on blocks in reverse. Like Buhler did. :lol:
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

:lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK