Can I just say

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Re: Can I just say

Post by Stapes »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 am OK, Huge BBQ at my place- Oct 2023 and April 2024. Everyone invited- respond RSVP by 2022. I'll weed out the riff-raff. They know who they are.
Im coming anyway
I blame Biker.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:48 am OK, Huge BBQ at my place- Oct 2023 and April 2024. Everyone invited- respond RSVP by 2022. I'll weed out the riff-raff. They know who they are.
Better get that water boiling now
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:52 am
Vanderpoole looks like ground zero. but even at the bullseye, they only get 4 min 26 seconds. hardly worth a few more seconds.
2 totals in 6 months? Mind blown. I remember Halley's Comet in the mid 80's. Total washout. Wrong angle or something. Once in a lifetime event ruined. This will make up for it. I'm starting my BBQ member list.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Who wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:08 am
Better get that water boiling now
I dumped Animal's recipes years ago
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

Stapes wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:05 am
Im coming anyway
:lol: By 2024, I may some pretty awesome defensive options against electric vehicle intruders.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:18 am
Stapes wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:05 am
Im coming anyway
:lol: By 2024, I may some pretty awesome defensive options against electric vehicle intruders.
Just don't get drunk and fall into your BBQ, LOL!
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:31 am I see woohooguy is avoiding any mention of the Patriots season this year. Wonders never cease. Good to see you posting again.
I actually fell off watching football in any capacity almost three years ago, we haven't had cable Tv in at least two years now.

I was a great run, over 20 years of championships, and to be totally honest it simply lost it's luster, became too common place. I have probably watched more Tampa Bay games this season (3?) then total football games in the last 2 years. It's just easier for me to read about the NFL then watch it.

I'm fully prepared for the Pats to suck the next decade, maybe there will be some nice surprises along the way, but the only shred of interest I have in football right now is following along how Tom Brady wraps up his career. Hopefully another ring for him on a different team, new coach, first year in will completely cement him as the greatest QB in history that no other will achieve. It certainly has been a lot of fun watching him reach this point.
"stupid ass bitch ass bitch“
rule34
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by rule34 »

I hope it rains.
du.du.du.dude looks like a lady
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

Wut wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:52 pm
woohooguy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:42 pm
DiverTexas wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:41 pm Good to see you WHG.
Hope life is treating you well.
I became a grandfather, and I never thought it was possible to love anyone in my family even more than I already have and the little guy certainly showed me up. He had a little short circuit in his heart that reared it’s ugly head at about 3months. His heart rate would occasionally ramp up and sustain it. Cardiac shorts are nothing new but it was the size of his heart that was the issue, he was just too small for cardiac ablation to cut off the short. He spent almost 4 months in and out of Children’s in Boston but he had the most amazing cardiac doctor, a Harvard medical professor that pioneered a new method of electrically mapping the heart. He designed and ordered the smallest ablation tools Boston children’s has ever used and successfully ablated the short in his heart. It was the worst time of my life seeing him go through all of that, some days were very painful. Thanks to the Drs there, literally a million dollars mostly covered by my insurance (daughter isn’t 26 yet) he is 100 percent now and an absolute terror i just can’t get enough of. Thankfully all this was settled before the pandemic, I couldn’t imagine going through that without seeing him every single day as I did.

So I’m here chugging along, wife and I have finally started traveling often now that the kids are out of school, at least until the pandemic fucked everything up.

How about you?

:lol:
Great news. Modern medicine is amazing.
Thank you, everything and everyone there was amazing.

I have a picture of the machine they used to pace his little heart down from 200+ beats a minute, it literally looks like a relic of WW2. I’ll have to find it and post it.. it caused him so much pain when they had to use it, but it was the only thing in the modern world that worked.
"stupid ass bitch ass bitch“
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

The next total eclipse in Bermuda is 02/16/2352. You’re all invited.
wut?
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

This is what blows me away. Total solar eclipses are so rare, I would love to see instances where one area of the planet anywhere experienced more than 1 over a 250 year period. 500 year period. I have no idea how often that would be. But within a 60 mile radius of me it's going to happen twice in only 6 months? That has to be one long standing record going way, way back. Google says the average is 360 to 410 years.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Wut wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:51 pm The next total eclipse in Bermuda is 02/16/2352. You’re all invited.
I'll bring the ice.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:17 pm This is what blows me away. Total solar eclipses are so rare, I would love to see instances where one area of the planet anywhere experienced more than 1 over a 250 year period. 500 year period. I have no idea how often that would be. But within a 60 mile radius of me it's going to happen twice in only 6 months? That has to be one long standing record going way, way back. Google says the average is 360 to 410 years.
Your mind gets blown so often it's amazing you have anything left.....
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

megman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:27 pm
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:17 pm This is what blows me away. Total solar eclipses are so rare, I would love to see instances where one area of the planet anywhere experienced more than 1 over a 250 year period. 500 year period. I have no idea how often that would be. But within a 60 mile radius of me it's going to happen twice in only 6 months? That has to be one long standing record going way, way back. Google says the average is 360 to 410 years.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

megman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:23 pm
Wut wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:51 pm The next total eclipse in Bermuda is 02/16/2352. You’re all invited.
I'll bring the ice.
Wut's good for the rum
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

megman wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:27 pm
:lol: We don't get ice to look at for 6 months of the year.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet

No Google answer to the fastest time ever. I wouldn't even know who to contact to find that answer.
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

woohooguy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:42 pm
DiverTexas wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:41 pm Good to see you WHG.
Hope life is treating you well.
Thanks DT, always good to you as well.

The last few years have been nothing short of amazing for me and the family. Made a career change after some 24 years. Scared the crap out of me, giving up so much autonomy I enjoyed but the high end woodwork market is collapsing under imports from Mexico, China, and Canada. I saw the writing on the wall and jumped to a new field. The security and money hit was pretty big but I dug in, worked harder than I ever have, 2 years of 10 to 12 hour days and quickly climbed the ranks at the new company and during my second year was given control of the site with full autonomy to make changes as I saw fit by the owner of the company. Company was acquired by a Fortune 500 and I’m still pretty secure even though the pandemic has taken a huge chunk of the market. My division is still making money for the company. My operations has about 55 employees and I only report to 2 others, so it’s a good place to be.

I became a grandfather, and I never thought it was possible to love anyone in my family even more than I already have and the little guy certainly showed me up. He had a little short circuit in his heart that reared it’s ugly head at about 3months. His heart rate would occasionally ramp up and sustain it. Cardiac shorts are nothing new but it was the size of his heart that was the issue, he was just too small for cardiac ablation to cut off the short. He spent almost 4 months in and out of Children’s in Boston but he had the most amazing cardiac doctor, a Harvard medical professor that pioneered a new method of electrically mapping the heart. He designed and ordered the smallest ablation tools Boston children’s has ever used and successfully ablated the short in his heart. It was the worst time of my life seeing him go through all of that, some days were very painful. Thanks to the Drs there, literally a million dollars mostly covered by my insurance (daughter isn’t 26 yet) he is 100 percent now and an absolute terror i just can’t get enough of. Thankfully all this was settled before the pandemic, I couldn’t imagine going through that without seeing him every single day as I did.

So I’m here chugging along, wife and I have finally started traveling often now that the kids are out of school, at least until the pandemic fucked everything up.

How about you?

Sounds like you've had an awesome couple of years.
Congrats!

I'm slowly working my way out of my A/C company.
Got a couple of younger guys who've been with me for 25+ years slowly taking over.
I still have a little over a year left, but looking forward to retirement and more time at the ranch.

Still making a few knives which keeps me from driving the wife too crazy.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

DiverTexas wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:04 pm
Got a couple of younger guys who've been with me for 25+ years slowly taking over.
I still have a little over a year left, but looking forward to retirement and more time at the ranch.

What do you think would be the chances that someone (like me) could install a 2 or 3 zone (single outside unit) mini split system like say an LG 30,000 btu? Inside units could be wall hung. Its in an old 1920-ish wood frame pier and beam house.

I assume you need 240 volts to the outside compressor and then 110 for each wall unit? And then you just run copper lines from the outside unit to each inside unit?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

60/40. Against.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

megman wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:44 pm60/40. Against.
if i am betting on my abilities, those aren't bad odds.
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:41 pm

What do you think would be the chances that someone (like me) could install a 2 or 3 zone (single outside unit) mini split system like say an LG 30,000 btu? Inside units could be wall hung. Its in an old 1920-ish wood frame pier and beam house.

I assume you need 240 volts to the outside compressor and then 110 for each wall unit? And then you just run copper lines from the outside unit to each inside unit?
I think if anyone that's not in the business could pull it off, it would be you.
I'd highly recommend Mitsubishi over LG.
The main issue would be making sure you had a good vacuum pump and using nitrogen in the linesets if you have to braze them.
Ideally a precharged lineset would lessen the need if they are available.
Drop me an email if you decide to go that route and I can get the equipment for you at my cost.
Being what is considered a Diamond Dealer, makes my pricing a lot better than what you will find online.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

DiverTexas wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:51 pm

I think if anyone that's not in the business could pull it off, it would be you.
The main issue would be making sure you had a good vacuum pump and using nitrogen in the linesets if you have to braze them.
Drop me an email if you decide to go that route and I can get the equipment for you at my cost.
Being what is considered a Diamond Dealer, makes my pricing a lot better than what you will find online.
Wow. Good to know. I am just starting to do some research on what I might need. It looks like a good solution though.
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:56 pm

Wow. Good to know. I am just starting to do some research on what I might need. It looks like a good solution though.
I forgot the electrical question.
With a Mitsubishi heat pump, you will only need 240 volts to the outdoor unit.
The indoor unit will be powered via a control cable from the outdoor unit.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

DiverTexas wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:11 pm
Animal wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:56 pm

I forgot the electrical question.
With a Mitsubishi heat pump, you will only need 240 volts to the outdoor unit.
The indoor unit will be powered via a control cable from the outdoor unit.
If the house is 1200 sf. and there are 3 bedrooms, a kitchen/dining, and living room. And I went with a 2 indoor system with 15,000 btu for each, would they be able to sufficiently heat/cool adjacent rooms? I'm not sure if I am asking that right, but if the wall unit was in the living room, would it heat/cool an adjacent bedroom comfortably or would one of the two rooms be colder or hotter than the other?