Megamillions hit 1 Billion

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

woohooguy
Forum God

Megamillions hit 1 Billion

Post by woohooguy »

739 million cash option.

G’damn
"stupid ass bitch ass bitch“
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Megamillions hit 1 Billion

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Ridiculous.
Why not give out a shit load of smaller prizes?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:50 pm Ridiculous.
Why not give out a shit load of smaller prizes?
Gotta get the poors welfare cash back sooner rather than later and big numbers will do that
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

i wonder how many stimulus dollars are a art of the billion.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i heard on the radio today that some dude bought some bitcoins way way way way back and put them into an online "vault" account. Something with a password. Anyway, short version of the story is that he can't remember his password. He has 2 more tries at it and then the vault locks it down forever and no one can get them. The value of the bitcoins is $225 million.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I think it’s his password protected hard drive that has 2 tries left. That 220 million probably started life as a coupla hundred bucks.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:06 pm I think it’s his password protected hard drive that has 2 tries left. That 220 million probably started life as a coupla hundred bucks.
yeah, i was driving. so i didn't catch exact details of what this vault is that he has them in. of course, bit coins don't really physically exist, so i assume they have to be protected in a stored computer environment. He said that he probably won't try anymore to get them out because he said his chances of remembering the password are basically zero at this point. His only hope is to find where he wrote the password down, which he thinks he remembers doing, but has no idea where it was.

i remember now they called it a "wallet" not a "vault". If that makes any difference.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stefan Thomas, a programmer based in San Francisco, was among the first to receive Bitcoin and now has an account bursting with over $200 million worth of the popular cryptocurrency, which is rapidly increasing in value. The problem? He’s just two incorrect password guesses away from losing access to it forever, according to a new report in The New York Times. And he’s not alone.

Thomas received about 7,000 coins from an early investor in the company for making an explanatory video showcasing how the then-nascent currency would work. With each Bitcoin worth $35,700 at the time of publication, Thomas’s stash is now worth $249,900,000. The key to his funds is on an IronKey, a password-protected encrypted flash drive. The problem is that he’s entered the incorrect password eight times, and 10 incorrect entries would cause the IronKey to be wiped of its contents. Thomas is looking at other avenues for accessing his Bitcoin fortune.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:01 pm i heard on the radio today that some dude bought some bitcoins way way way way back and put them into an online "vault" account. Something with a password. Anyway, short version of the story is that he can't remember his password. He has 2 more tries at it and then the vault locks it down forever and no one can get them. The value of the bitcoins is $225 million.
I read something about that though I didn't know it was about bitcoins. Boy, if the movie line "choose carefully my friend" ever applied more, I don't know where.
CentralTexasCrude
Pumpkin Muppet
Location: In the middle of frickin everywhere's bad thoughts.

Post by CentralTexasCrude »

Animal wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:09 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:06 pm I think it’s his password protected hard drive that has 2 tries left. That 220 million probably started life as a coupla hundred bucks.
He said that he probably won't try anymore to get them out because he said his chances of remembering the password are basically zero at this point. His only hope is to find where he wrote the password down, which he thinks he remembers doing, but has no idea where it was.

photo of his place 2 days later
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Animal wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:01 pm i heard on the radio today that some dude bought some bitcoins way way way way back and put them into an online "vault" account. Something with a password. Anyway, short version of the story is that he can't remember his password. He has 2 more tries at it and then the vault locks it down forever and no one can get them. The value of the bitcoins is $225 million.
There's another guy who has $700 million in Bitcoin and the stupid fuck threw out his computer. It's now somewhere in the city dump. The guy offered the town $70 million to dig it up but they turned him down.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:32 pm
There's another guy who has $700 million in Bitcoin and the stupid fuck threw out his computer. It's now somewhere in the city dump. The guy offered the town $70 million to dig it up but they turned him down.
i think they said that 20 to 30% of all bitcoins have been lost because of lost passwords. the problem is that whatever computer environment they live in is so cyber secure that it doesn't link to email accounts or any other backup recovery system. so if you "forget" your password there are no questions about your first dog's name you are just shit out of luck. like losing the combination to a safe. i can't remember how many billions of $$ of lost passwords they said it has cost people.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Fuck it. I got my tickets.....lol. I expect to get maybe 2 matching numbers. Never been lucky with those things
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:35 am Fuck it. I got my tickets.....lol. I expect to get maybe 2 matching numbers. Never been lucky with those things
one thing that most people overlook is that if you get 2 tickets, make sure you get them both with the same number combinations. that way if you win and have to split it, you get more $$$. its a common mistake.
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

One winner in Michigan

FUCKING MICHIGAN
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

woohooguy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:06 pm One winner in Michigan

FUCKING MICHIGAN
Fuck. Wasnt me.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

Michigan gonna have the worlds first billionaire cat.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

woohooguy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:21 pm Michigan gonna have the worlds first billionaire cat.
That dude could buy Michigan.
woohooguy
Forum God

Post by woohooguy »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:40 pm
woohooguy wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:21 pm Michigan gonna have the worlds first billionaire cat.
That dude could buy Michigan.
Maybe a water filter for Flint?