Vaccine Tracker

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Vaccine Tracker

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:58 am
FSchmertz wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 am Got the shot. So far, pretty close to getting a flu shot. Not going to want to sleep on my left side tonight.
Are you over 65 or something?
lots of loop holes for phase 1b. over 65, underlying medical condition (long list), essential workers (teachers, etc.).
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

FSchmertz wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:50 am Got the shot. So far, pretty close to getting a flu shot. Not going to want to sleep on my left side tonight.
Do you have an appt for the follow up shot or is that optional?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:37 pm
Do you have an appt for the follow up shot or is that optional?
They set up an appointment for 28 days later when I got the first shot. They gave me a card that says when I got the first shot, with the date of the second. Apparently it may be used in the future to prove I'm vaccinated after the second shot. I'm gonna laminate it!

I imagine they'll text and email me near that appointment date. If you don't get the shot, I assume you won't have a valid card.

P.S. So far, almost the same experience as getting a flu vaccine.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Animal wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:05 am
Stapes wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:58 am
Are you over 65 or something?
lots of loop holes for phase 1b. over 65, underlying medical condition (long list), essential workers (teachers, etc.).
I have (mild) COPD, which is one of the underlying conditions. I imagine any kind of lung weakness would make COVID, which seems to target the lungs, a very unpleasant experience.

Our governor also made "being a smoker" a qualifying condition.

P.S. I was never a smoker. Probably the COPD is job related. A lot of inadvertent and unknowing chemical exposure when I was younger.

P.P.S. I'm also about a half year from qualifying on age too.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

One of the things I think they're trying to do with these changing vaccination qualifications is to ease the burden on hospitals. In a lot of places they're nearing capacity, and it's mostly the elderly and folks with "conditions."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Other than the unbelievably bad press the vaccine program is getting, things seem to be doing really well.

Total vaccines given so far are about 15 million.

In the past week, the average shots per day has been nearly 800,000 per day. So, Biden's "bold plan" to get 100 million in 100 days seems on track to be what would happen anyway.

West Virginia continues to rule getting to nearly 9% of the entire state vaccinated. Several other states are around 7% with most over 5%.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:43 pm Other than the unbelievably bad press the vaccine program is getting, things seem to be doing really well.

In the past week, the average shots per day has been nearly 800,000 per day. So, Biden's "bold plan" to get 100 million in 100 days seems on track to be what would happen anyway.

West Virginia continues to rule getting to nearly 9% of the entire state vaccinated. Several other states are around 7% with most over 5%.
It's a cluster fuck in Florida.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:50 pm
Animal wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:43 pm Other than the unbelievably bad press the vaccine program is getting, things seem to be doing really well.

Actually, yesterday I heard high praise for the Florida rollout. One of the few states that got high praise. They were commending them on the percentage of their shots that have gone to the "over 65 group". The number was staggering compared to other states.

Plus, Florida ranks at the top of the number of vaccines given per capita within their state.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Shit, the UK is the only country in the world that is ahead of us in vaccinations. And they are barely ahead of us.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Actually, yesterday I heard high praise for the Florida rollout. One of the few states that got high praise. They were commending them on the percentage of their shots that have gone to the "over 65 group". The number was staggering compared to other states.

Plus, Florida ranks at the top of the number of vaccines given per capita within their state.
It's been a mixed bag, depending on your political outlook. For some counties in Florida, it's gone relatively well, and in other counties like mine, it's been a huge mess. Most of the blame goes right to the state health department which offered almost no real guidance to the individual counties.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Biker

Post by Biker »

People are actually travelling to Florida to get the shot because of ease of access
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i like that fact that the rollout was placed squarely in the hands of the governors to handle as they saw fit for their own state. That, to me, is the way to run things. Some states are doing very well with it, and some not so much.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Ummm....no dude. I don't know what you're reading. It is chaotic and in disarray here. Anything that comes out of DeSantis mouth is bullshit.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Ummm....no dude. I don't know what you're reading. It is chaotic and in disarray here. Anything that comes out of DeSantis mouth is bullshit.
Florida leads the nation in vaccinating Seniors. Florida has now vaccinated more than 500,000 seniors – far outpacing other states in the nation that are reporting updates on this critical effort.

This accounts for 60% of all Florida’s total vaccinations, and that percent is increasing with each week. What a petty little political hack you are.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Jurisdiction Doses distributed Doses administered % shots used
U.S. totals 31,161,075 14,707,184 47.2
California 3,548,575 1,303,518 36.7
Texas 2,105,600 1,276,808 60.6
Florida 2,069,175 1,125,053 54.4

Florida is practically leading the country in their vaccination program. I guess all things are relative. Maybe if Stapes lived in a democratic state he could see what a real dismal failure looks like.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Florida's vaccine rollout has been chaotic. The governor and county officials have blamed each other for the failures that included national news of wealthy out-of-staters, known as COVID tourists, allegedly getting shots at nursing homes or elsewhere, skipping ahead of residents.

Florida has received nearly 2 million doses of vaccine but has administered less than half, about 775,000 so far, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Among all states, Florida ranks 23rd in the percentage of vaccines administered.

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions- ... ccine.html
I blame Biker.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Moron
‘Vaccine tourism’: People are flying to Florida for COVID-19 vaccine shots

ORLANDO, Fla. — With Florida opening up vaccination registration to anyone 65 and up with no proof of residency required, some people in the state are concerned about “vaccine tourism.”

A lot of people have also brought up the topic of “snowbirds,” or people who come to Florida from the north to escape from the freezing temperatures every year.

Many have homes in Florida, so state leaders said they should be able to get the vaccine.

Content Continues Below
Watch: Florida COVID-19 vaccine roll out: Debate continues over whether residents should get priority over visitors

But one travel agent said most people decided to skip snowbird season this year because of COVID-19 and stay in Canada.

Then when they heard they could get the vaccine in the Sunshine State, they changed their minds and started calling him to secure that trip and get their travel insurance.

“November is my period where snowbirds head down south,” said Toronto travel agent Martin Firestone.

But this year, 70% of his clients said they would skip this snowbird season and stay up in Canada rather than come to Florida.

Read: Stimulus check update: Biden unveils plan for $1,400 payments; unemployment extension

“They basically said it’s too much of a risk. I worry terribly about ending up sick and having a problem,” Firestone said.

Two months later, the phone calls are coming by the hundreds with people who want to get their coronavirus shot in Florida.

“They basically are making arrangements now and purchasing travel insurance and heading south to get the vaccine,” Firestone said. “And that is the sole motivator for them heading down south at this point.”

Firestone said his clients could be classified as Florida residents because they have owned homes, condos or apartments in the state for years.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

‘It Became Sort of Lawless’: Florida Vaccine Rollout Turns Into a Free-for-All
Florida decided people 65 and older should get the coronavirus vaccine first. But demand has overwhelmed supply, and people are frustrated.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/10/us/c ... orida.html

Florida’s vaccine rollout so far: not enough doses, ‘no real plan’
“The general public still doesn’t have a good sense of what’s happening.”

https://www.tampabay.com/news/health/20 ... real-plan/

Older Floridians Navigate State's Chaotic COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions- ... ccine.html

Florida senators raise questions on state’s COVID-19 vaccine rollout

https://www.news4jax.com/news/florida/2 ... e-rollout/

DeSantis bragging about Florida’s vaccination program upsets Nikki Fried

Seniors with patience and luck have been getting their shots. Commissioner of Agriculture Nikki Fried, a Democrat, accused the Republican governor of mismanaging the vaccine distribution.

“This is not a positive roll-out ... Don’t call it a success,” Fried said.

https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021 ... kki-fried/
I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Biker wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:18 pm

Moron
‘Vaccine tourism’: People are flying to Florida for COVID-19 vaccine shots

ORLANDO, Fla. — With Florida opening up vaccination registration to anyone 65 and up with no proof of residency required, some people in the state are concerned about “vaccine tourism.”

A lot of people have also brought up the topic of “snowbirds,” or people who come to Florida from the north to escape from the freezing temperatures every year.

Many have homes in Florida, so state leaders said they should be able to get the vaccine.

Content Continues Below
Watch: Florida COVID-19 vaccine roll out: Debate continues over whether residents should get priority over visitors

But one travel agent said most people decided to skip snowbird season this year because of COVID-19 and stay in Canada.

Then when they heard they could get the vaccine in the Sunshine State, they changed their minds and started calling him to secure that trip and get their travel insurance.

“November is my period where snowbirds head down south,” said Toronto travel agent Martin Firestone.

But this year, 70% of his clients said they would skip this snowbird season and stay up in Canada rather than come to Florida.

Read: Stimulus check update: Biden unveils plan for $1,400 payments; unemployment extension

“They basically said it’s too much of a risk. I worry terribly about ending up sick and having a problem,” Firestone said.

Two months later, the phone calls are coming by the hundreds with people who want to get their coronavirus shot in Florida.

“They basically are making arrangements now and purchasing travel insurance and heading south to get the vaccine,” Firestone said. “And that is the sole motivator for them heading down south at this point.”

Firestone said his clients could be classified as Florida residents because they have owned homes, condos or apartments in the state for years.

Ummm......no. Maybe the wealthy can jump the line......that's always been the case. But if Joe shmoe from Canada flies here they will either luck out or not just like every other senior.
I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/p ... tered.html

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: Jan. 15

Below are the states ranked by the percentage of COVID-19 vaccines they've administered of those that have been distributed to them.

1) West Virginia
Doses distributed to state: 160,975
Doses administered: 118,660
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 73.71

2) North Dakota
Doses distributed to state: 68,675
Doses administered: 42,774
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 62.28

3) South Dakota
Doses distributed to state: 88,375
Doses administered: 54,284
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 61.42

4) Rhode Island
Doses distributed to state: 84,125
Doses administered: 44,871
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 53.34

5) Connecticut
Doses distributed to state: 328,675
Doses administered: 171,897
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 52.30

6) Texas
Doses distributed to state: 2,105,600
Doses administered: 1,043,624
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 49.56

7) Colorado
Doses distributed to state: 531,775
Doses administered: 254,706
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 47.90

8) Louisiana
Doses distributed to state: 370,175
Doses administered: 175,811
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 47.49

9) Montana
Doses distributed to state: 98,500
Doses administered: 46,620
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 47.33

10) Oklahoma
Doses distributed to state: 399,900
Doses administered: 187,266
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 46.83

11) Kentucky
Doses distributed to state: 332,375
Doses administered: 155,613
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 46.82

12) New Hampshire
Doses distributed to state: 127,225
Doses administered: 58,711
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 46.15

13) Maine
Doses distributed to state: 136,875
Doses administered: 61,129
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 44.66

14) New Mexico
Doses distributed to state: 204,750
Doses administered: 89,415
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 43.67

15) Utah
Doses distributed to state: 267,975
Doses administered: 115,384
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 43.06

16) Nebraska
Doses distributed to state: 199,800
Doses administered: 84,920
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 42.50

17) Vermont
Doses distributed to state: 69,800
Doses administered: 29,571
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 42.37

18) Michigan
Doses distributed to state: 773,650
Doses administered: 327,235
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 42.30

19) Illinois
Doses distributed to state: 958,125
Doses administered: 403,666
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 42.13

20) Iowa
Doses distributed to state: 268,025
Doses administered: 112,093
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 41.82

21) Tennessee
Doses distributed to state: 656,550
Doses administered: 264,713
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 40.32

22) New Jersey
Doses distributed to state: 658,800
Doses administered: 263,422
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 39.99

23) Florida
Doses distributed to state: 1,970,875
Doses administered: 774,485
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 39.30
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:41 pm https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/p ... tered.html

States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: Jan. 15

Below are the states ranked by the percentage of COVID-19 vaccines they've administered of those that have been distributed to them.

1) West Virginia
Doses distributed to state: 160,975
Doses administered: 118,660
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 73.71

2) North Dakota
Doses distributed to state: 68,675
Doses administered: 42,774
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 62.28

3) South Dakota
Doses distributed to state: 88,375
Doses administered: 54,284
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 61.42

4) Rhode Island
Doses distributed to state: 84,125
Doses administered: 44,871
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 53.34

5) Connecticut
Doses distributed to state: 328,675
Doses administered: 171,897
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 52.30

6) Texas
Doses distributed to state: 2,105,600
Doses administered: 1,043,624
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 49.56

7) Colorado
Doses distributed to state: 531,775
Doses administered: 254,706
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 47.90

8) Louisiana
Doses distributed to state: 370,175
Doses administered: 175,811
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 47.49

9) Montana
Doses distributed to state: 98,500
Doses administered: 46,620
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 47.33

10) Oklahoma
Doses distributed to state: 399,900
Doses administered: 187,266
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 46.83

11) Kentucky
Doses distributed to state: 332,375
Doses administered: 155,613
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 46.82

12) New Hampshire
Doses distributed to state: 127,225
Doses administered: 58,711
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 46.15

13) Maine
Doses distributed to state: 136,875
Doses administered: 61,129
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 44.66

14) New Mexico
Doses distributed to state: 204,750
Doses administered: 89,415
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 43.67

15) Utah
Doses distributed to state: 267,975
Doses administered: 115,384
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 43.06

16) Nebraska
Doses distributed to state: 199,800
Doses administered: 84,920
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 42.50

17) Vermont
Doses distributed to state: 69,800
Doses administered: 29,571
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 42.37

18) Michigan
Doses distributed to state: 773,650
Doses administered: 327,235
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 42.30

19) Illinois
Doses distributed to state: 958,125
Doses administered: 403,666
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 42.13

20) Iowa
Doses distributed to state: 268,025
Doses administered: 112,093
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 41.82

21) Tennessee
Doses distributed to state: 656,550
Doses administered: 264,713
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 40.32

22) New Jersey
Doses distributed to state: 658,800
Doses administered: 263,422
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 39.99

23) Florida
Doses distributed to state: 1,970,875
Doses administered: 774,485
Percentage of distributed vaccines that have been administered: 39.30
well, to start off that is almost week old data.

Looking at today, instead of 774,485 administered doses, they are at 1,125,053 administered doses. So, get caught up and take a look. They rank MUCH higher than you think.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Oh my god its 4 days old.....lol So much has changed....lol You are such a joke. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me. I live here asshole.....I think I know what is going on. DeSantis is an unqualified piece of shit just like his god trump and everything coming out of his mouth is bullshit. Fuck off.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 pm Oh my god its 4 days old.....lol So much has changed....lol You are such a joke. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me. I live here asshole.....I think I know what is going on. DeSantis is an unqualified piece of shit just like his god trump and everything coming out of his mouth is bullshit. Fuck off.
Do you know how to compare the number 774,485 to 1,125,053? That would be a 45% increase in 4 days. So, yeah, 4 days make a difference.

Of course, since its just hate for republicans that drives your mini-mind, then nothing would change your view short of having a black woman explain it to you.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:17 pm
Stapes wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:52 pm Oh my god its 4 days old.....lol So much has changed....lol You are such a joke. If I said the sky was blue you would argue with me. I live here asshole.....I think I know what is going on. DeSantis is an unqualified piece of shit just like his god trump and everything coming out of his mouth is bullshit. Fuck off.
Do you know how to compare the number 774,485 to 1,125,053? That would be a 45% increase in 4 days. So, yeah, 4 days make a difference.

Of course, since its just hate for republicans that drives your mini-mind, then nothing would change your view short of having a black woman explain it to you.
Are we still number 23? ...Not leading the nation as your bullshitting about? Yea....thought so.
I blame Biker.