January 6th Protest/Stolen Election Thread (Was: Trump Nuts Storm the Capitol)

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Trump nuts storm the Capitol

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

CaptQuint wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:26 pm Image
Except thats exactly what they wanted. In fact the were trying the full four years of trump.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Rinse and Repeat. Attempt #3 to get Trump thrown out of office.

I will never understand it.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

wut?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Anybody who doesn't think some of these nut cases had sinister intentions are not paying attention to the world they are living in.

https://www.businessinsider.com/qanon-t ... orm-2021-1

QAnon supporters believed marching on the Capitol could trigger 'The Storm,' an event where they hope Trump's foes will be punished in mass executions

Some QAnon conspiracy theorists had long held January 6 as the coming of a dramatic and violent event they called "The Storm."

This is the day when they believe President Donald Trump will overthrow and execute the corrupt, child-abusing elites who the baseless theory says run the world.

As Trump supporters excitedly discussed a coming protest on social media, some planned for violence against those they perceived as the president's enemies.

They saw Trump's support for a mass protest against the certification of Joe Biden's election victory as a sign The Storm was close.

Trump has courted the support of the far-right movement as he spread conspiracy theories about the election.

Before she was fatally shot in the chaos that engulfed the Capitol on Wednesday, Ashli Babbitt wrote a cryptic social-media post.

"They can try and try and try, but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours....dark to light!" said a Twitter post written under Babbitt's name, a post counter-extremism researchers believe is genuine.

"The Storm" is a resonant phrase at the heart of QAnon, the sprawling online conspiracy movement that baselessly claims that President Donald Trump is working to dismantle a network of elite child-abusers who run world affairs.

Adherents of the movement were on the front line in Wednesday's violence. As seen in the photos below, a man wearing a top emblazoned with a Q symbol and slogan was among those confronting police officers in the Capitol.

A QAnon influencer known as the "Q Shaman" played a prominent role in the unrest, and was pictured in his trademark horned helmet seated in the Senate chamber after rioters broke in.
January 6 had been billed by some in the movement as step toward the day they, like Babbitt, had long awaited.

They see The Storm as a day of violent retribution, when Trump's enemies in the Democratic Party and those they as regard traitors in the Republican Party will face mass executions.

Posts like this weeks ahead of the protest sought to heighten expectation for what the day would bring.

Newhouse is a lead researcher of the online far right at the Middlebury Institute in Monterey, California.

QAnon supporters, he said, think events will lead "to the apocalyptic conclusion, The Storm, which theoretically involves mass arrests, military tribunals, and executions throughout the world."

He explained that few QAnon adherents thought the day of reckoning itself had arrived Wednesday but that "even fewer accepted that Trump would not emerge victorious."

He said many showed up expecting violence: "What I can say confidently is that right-wing groups knew they would be protesting on Jan. 6, they believed that a Trump loss could only be due to corruption, and they had no intention of going home without confrontation."

Since Trump lost to Joe Biden in November's presidential election, rage has simmered among hardline supporters of the president and far-right extremists.

As Trump has pursued his baseless claims that the election was stolen from him as a result of mass fraud, an increasingly close symbiosis formed between the president and QAnon.

Trump has retweeted key QAnon figures in support of his election-related conspiracy theories and enlisted the support of the QAnon-associated attorneys Lin Wood and Sidney Powell, while supporters of the movement have cheered on the president's attempts to subvert the election.

Bipartisan US election officials, meanwhile, have said the election was the most secure in US history.

When Trump on Twitter called on supporters to gather on January 6 for a "wild" protest against the certification of Biden's win, some saw it as the key step in the day of reckoning they had long been waiting for.

—Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 19, 2020
Cindy Otis, a former CIA analyst who is now a researcher at the Alethea Group, said the rally had been promoted for weeks on QAnon forums as well by other radical right-wing groups.

"Attendance at the rally was promoted in Q forums and groups, but it was shared by general Trump supporters as well as by violent domestic groups that call themselves "militias,"" she said.

"And that's what we saw in photos, videos, and livestreams — well-known QAnon believers, neo-Nazi members, and far-right personalities storming the Capitol building."

On the social-media app Parler, where many prominent QAnon influencers have congregated after being ousted from mainstream platforms, the hashtag #TheStorm was used by thousands of QAnon followers ahead of and during the riot.

Joe M, an influential QAnon account, promised in a Parler message Wednesday that "maximum penalties" were on the table for Trump's foes.

The movement has been resilient in the past when its conspiracy theories were proved false, and Wednesday was no different.

Otis defined QAnon as a "choose your own adventure" ideology, which "encourages individual discovery, interpretation, and analysis of events and ideas."

"Some saw yesterday as the start of the event they call 'The Storm' and are encouraging believers to hold the line. I've seen other members across Q forums begin to lose hope in the conspiracy because they are seeing the reality — that the predictions and claims never actually happen," she told Insider.

Experts believe that when Trump leaves office in a matter of weeks, it could inspire violence from QAnon supporters.

"QAnon's influence in broader right-wing circles is likely to continue waning, but there exists a core base of religious-like support for QAnon that will likely last throughout the Biden administration," said Jared Holt, a research fellow at the Atlantic Council's Digital Forensic Research Lab. "Conspiracy-driven extremism, generally, will likely intensify."

"QAnon supporters have largely trusted Trump to validate their outlandish beliefs and eventual act on them. As Trump exits office and the political reality becomes undeniable, there is a risk that some believers could act out in ways that may include violence."

Wood, the attorney who has supported Trump's bid to overturn Biden's win in Georgia, on Parler reassured supporters that it was far from over — even after Congress returned early Thursday and certified Biden's win.

"Time for rest. I had to stay up to watch the conclusion of the greatest attempted theft in history. Now it is a completed crime," he wrote.
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i don't doubt that there are a bunch of people out there buying into this shit. but the problem is us, not them. we are making it worse and not better. and we are divided, which emboldens their position.

these nuts that are pushing all of this garbage are going to think up a new angle when Jan 20th comes and goes and they are going to sell these people a new dose of whatever that is. Meanwhile we will all be arguing and impeaching and doing stupid shit that has no point and they will be getting bigger.

I'm beginning to believe this and all that shit we saw during the BLM riots was one big troll job by someone and we are taking it hook line and sinker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 am i don't doubt that there are a bunch of people out there buying into this shit. but the problem is us, not them. we are making it worse and not better. and we are divided, which emboldens their position.

these nuts that are pushing all of this garbage are going to think up a new angle when Jan 20th comes and goes and they are going to sell these people a new dose of whatever that is. Meanwhile we will all be arguing and impeaching and doing stupid shit that has no point and they will be getting bigger.

I'm beginning to believe this and all that shit we saw during the BLM riots was one big troll job by someone and we are taking it hook line and sinker.

To be fair.... Just read your posts over the last 4 years..... You are "those people". You just aren't self aware enough to admit it
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 am
Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:57 am i don't doubt that there are a bunch of people out there buying into this shit. but the problem is us, not them. we are making it worse and not better. and we are divided, which emboldens their position.

To be fair.... Just read your posts over the last 4 years..... You are "those people". You just aren't self aware enough to admit it
Anyone who thinks impeachment is stupid shit is one of them

Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

To call it a troll job is to suggest its just a prank to get people riled up.

This all seems much more sinister than that to me.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Stapes wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:02 am To be fair.... Just read your posts over the last 4 years..... You are "those people". You just aren't self aware enough to admit it
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Mr Giuliani said that his “trial by combat” comment was just a reference to the HBO show Game of Thrones.

“I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England,” Mr Giuliani said on Tuesday.
wut?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Wut wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 am Mr Giuliani said that his “trial by combat” comment was just a reference to the HBO show Game of Thrones.

“I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England,” Mr Giuliani said on Tuesday.
More honest answer "I'm just trying to extract my foot from my mouth and also avoid a possible 20 year jail term"
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Wut wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:23 am Mr Giuliani said that his “trial by combat” comment was just a reference to the HBO show Game of Thrones.

I'm sure the cop that beat to death with flags understands
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Cassandros wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:10 am To call it a troll job is to suggest its just a prank to get people riled up.

i'm talking about something more sinister than a simple prank. jesus.

i have no idea who is behind it, but it is a pretty fucking organized attempt to tear us apart from the inside out. This is on the level of brilliance of what al quada managed to do within a few hours on one day in September. There is no telling the amount of money they cost us from that one event. money, lives, war, etc. they completely changed our way of life.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Animal wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:39 am
Cassandros wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:10 am To call it a troll job is to suggest its just a prank to get people riled up.

i'm talking about something more sinister than a simple prank. jesus.

i have no idea who is behind it, but it is a pretty fucking organized attempt to tear us apart from the inside out. This is on the level of brilliance of what al quada managed to do within a few hours on one day in September. There is no telling the amount of money they cost us from that one event. money, lives, war, etc. they completely changed our way of life.
Maybe related, maybe not, but the CIA does have a history of doing this exact sort of thing to 3rd world Countries around the world.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

Are you denying history?
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

to be fair, so are you, and you just aren't self aware enough to admit it either.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:26 am

I'm sure the cop that beat to death with flags understands
But nothing for the 30 that were killed by blm. Totally justified right. Plus all the civilians too. No problems there.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:06 am

Anyone who thinks impeachment is stupid shit is one of them

One of them. Lol just something a dumbass would say.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Who da thunk that necro would be the most rabid trump cunt supporter on here... Lol

Obviously he is taking this pretty bad.

I know faggot. Good talk
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 am Who da thunk that necro would be the most rabid trump cunt supporter on here... Lol

I know faggot. Good talk
He's a bleeding cunt
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 am Who da thunk that necro would be the most rabid trump cunt supporter on here... Lol

I know faggot. Good talk
Who would of thought that the leftist here would just throw baseless claims around.

Its ok half of half. Also more great topic masculinity the left is supposed to be against. Great talk.