Lisa Montgomery becomes first woman executed by feds in 67 years

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Lisa Montgomery becomes first woman executed by feds in 67 years

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:43 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:59 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:44 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:29 pm The fact that it isn't much of a problem legally over there for the man who actually did the murders to finally admit that the man being executed for the murders did not in fact order them after all should be regarded as a little bit of a fucking problem.

But it's not.
You don't know that he didn't order them.
True, I just know that the only witness who claimed he did recanted that claim, leaving zero evidence, and that the guy went to his death proclaiming his innocence.
And the guy that did the actual shooting didn’t get the death penalty.
is it too late to kill him, too?
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

If a mafia boss orders a hit, are his hands clean?

Or does he have blood on his hands for the death count just like the person following orders?

Inquiring minds want to know.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:47 pm If a mafia boss orders a hit, are his hands clean?

Or does he have blood on his hands for the death count just like the person following orders?

So what you're saying is if Trump wanted more executions and ordered his Attorney General to make it happen then Trump is ultimately responsible. Good to see you coming around on this incredibly obvious point.
Cassandros
Hamsterphile

Post by Cassandros »

spudoc wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:59 pm
Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:47 pm If a mafia boss orders a hit, are his hands clean?

So what you're saying is if Trump wanted more executions and ordered his Attorney General to make it happen then Trump is ultimately responsible. Good to see you coming around on this incredibly obvious point.
Again, was Barr ordered to do it?

If so, yes. If not, then no.

Citations please.
“The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither, the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great deal of both.” --Milton Friedman
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

If a mafia boss orders a hit he is equally culpable, but that is not the same situation as two criminals, one of whom actually did it, witnessing for a deal then later recanting and saying it was a lie.

In the original trial that would inarguably be reasonable doubt, the problem is that post conviction it's a far, far lower standard to declare the conviction safe.

This is one of the reasons y'all keep executing innocent people.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Cassandros wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:39 pm
spudoc wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:59 pm

Again, was Barr ordered to do it?

If so, yes. If not, then no.

Citations please.
You're familiar with the concept of a president aren't you? The next one has decided not to execute anyone, a policy he is free to pursue. If you want to claim it is barr's policy alone and nothing to do with the potus who appointed him and was supposed to set policy, the best you can say for trump there is you're calling him grossly incompetent and negligent.

Which, to be fair, he definitely is. So could have been all bloodthirsty Barr.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

BigRedRetard wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:58 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:56 pm If a mana boss orders a hit he is equally culpable, but that is not the same situation as two criminals, one of whom actually did it, witnessing for a deal then later recanting and saying it was a lie.

In the original trial that would inarguably be reasonable doubt, the problem is that post conviction it's a far, far lower standard to declare the conviction safe.

This is one of the reasons y'all keep executing innocent people.
The dude got what he deserved. Who was the last innocent person to get executed in the US?
Well there's a big long list of those against whom the evidence does not pass the reasonable doubt bar anymore and therefore may have been innocent. This last guy for example.

Demonstrably innocent victims are rare because investigations usual stop when you kill one, but Cameron todd Willingham was convicted on outright false forensics and Johnny Garrett was exonerated by dna after death, just a couple of examples from Texas.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:59 pm So what you're saying is if Trump wanted more executions and ordered his Attorney General to make it happen then Trump is ultimately responsible. Good to see you coming around on this incredibly obvious point.
what makes you think this is a problem? :lol:

i know for you karens that don't allow spankings and stuff its impossible to wrap your head around an execution. but for some of us its fine.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:39 am
spudoc wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:59 pm So what you're saying is if Trump wanted more executions and ordered his Attorney General to make it happen then Trump is ultimately responsible. Good to see you coming around on this incredibly obvious point.

i know for you karens that don't allow spankings and stuff its impossible to wrap your head around an execution. but for some of us its fine.
I don’t know about you but I never had to beat my children to get them to listen to me.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:20 am

I don’t know about you but I never had to beat my children to get them to listen to me.
that's great!
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

Wut wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:20 am

Spanking children is for lazy and uncreative parents.
spudoc

Post by spudoc »

I was just reinforcing the point that federal executions have increased during the Trump administration due to the wishes of Trump. Others here are saying that it is Barr’s doing.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

spudoc wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:43 am

I was just reinforcing the point that federal executions have increased during the Trump administration due to the wishes of Trump. Others here are saying that it is Barr’s doing.
is it important to you to pinpoint it? :lol: