Why get rid of the Keystone Pipeline on Day 1?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Why get rid of the Keystone Pipeline on Day 1?

Post by Animal »

I hope those voters in Pennsylvania are keeping up with the events as they unfold.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

The party that cares about the working man:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Experienced ditch diggers can always find work

Sin

Flumpy
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Biker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:33 pm Meh, 15k people lost their jobs in the middle of a pandemic. So what?
Did Canuck make the cut?

I read it is 1000 construction workers. And the 35 people who were going to run the pipeline will have to find other work.
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:10 pm
Biker wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:33 pm Meh, 15k people lost their jobs in the middle of a pandemic. So what?
Did Canuck make the cut?

I read it is 1000 construction workers. And the 35 people who were going to run the pipeline will have to find other work.
Everywhere I've read states 11k in direct construction jobs, with thousands more support positions lost
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:24 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:10 pm
Did Canuck make the cut?

Everywhere I've read states 11k in direct construction jobs, with thousands more support positions lost
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... 1-000-jobs
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Mark McManus, General President of the United Association, released a statement which said:

In revoking this permit, the Biden Administration has chosen to listen to the voices of fringe activists instead of union members and the American consumer on Day 1. Let me be very clear: When built with union labor by the men and women of the United Association, pipelines like Keystone XL remain the safest and most efficient modes of energy transportation in the world. Sadly, the Biden Administration has now put thousands of union workers out of work. For the average American family, it means energy costs will go up and communities will no longer see the local investments that come with pipeline construction.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

C'mon man! Biden campaigned on this, why you trippin?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:03 am Mark McManus, General President of the United Association, released a statement which said:

In revoking this permit, the Biden Administration has chosen to listen to the voices of fringe activists instead of union members and the American consumer on Day 1. Let me be very clear: When built with union labor by the men and women of the United Association, pipelines like Keystone XL remain the safest and most efficient modes of energy transportation in the world. Sadly, the Biden Administration has now put thousands of union workers out of work. For the average American family, it means energy costs will go up and communities will no longer see the local investments that come with pipeline construction.
Yea....sorry. Alot of sound bites and propaganda going on.

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/poli ... 35c887833c

"If oil prices go to $4 a gallon, it will be for other reasons than the fact that the keystone isn't under construction,” Tunstall explained.

He said the reason is due to other nations curtailing their own production, along with other market forces causing U.S. producers to cut back on the country's own production of oil.

As far as jobs go, Tunstall said the move did little to harm permanent jobs.

"It's important to note that the jobs associated with pipeline construction are exactly that—they're construction jobs,” he said. "And so, by definition, they're temporary. Once the construction is complete, then the jobs basically go away … There may be several thousand jobs associated with the construction, (but) I think it may only take 35 people to operate the pipeline once it's done.

The short of it. There will be little to no impact at the pump or employment because of halting the xl keystone.
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:32 am C'mon man! Biden campaigned on this, why you trippin?
I know! He said he would do it and he did it. Now theyre bitching. Well, you endorsed him motherfucker! :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:37 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:03 am Mark McManus, General President of the United Association, released a statement which said:

"If oil prices go to $4 a gallon, it will be for other reasons than the fact that the keystone isn't under construction,” Tunstall explained.

He said the reason is due to other nations curtailing their own production, along with other market forces causing U.S. producers to cut back on the country's own production of oil.

"It's important to note that the jobs associated with pipeline construction are exactly that—they're construction jobs,” he said. "And so, by definition, they're temporary. Once the construction is complete, then the jobs basically go away … There may be several thousand jobs associated with the construction, (but) I think it may only take 35 people to operate the pipeline once it's done.

The short of it. There will be little to no impact at the pump or employment because of halting the xl keystone.
wow. i can't believe you posted that. having cheap oil sands oil piped to US refineries won't have an impact on oil prices? :lol: and construction jobs are temporary therefore they don't matter? :lol: jesus.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:02 am

wow. i can't believe you posted that. having cheap oil sands oil piped to US refineries won't have an impact on oil prices? :lol: and construction jobs are temporary therefore they don't matter? :lol: jesus.

Nope. 2 weeks from now you won't hear another word about it. The only ones crying are politicians and oil execs.
I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

It's a new world order rethugs. Native American rights matter again.... The enviornment matters again...... Oil company profits aren't a priority anymore....... Whaaahhh
I blame Biker.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Others reducing production—- wouldn’t Keystone as an alternate negate that?

Idiot.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Stapes wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:23 am
Animal wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:02 am

Nope. 2 weeks from now you won't hear another word about it. The only ones crying are politicians and oil execs.
We won’t hear about it because some other stupid move by Biden will push it to the back burner.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Feelings Have Been Hurt
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Biker

Post by Biker »

Unions that endorsed Biden are now criticizing him for canceling Keystone pipeline that will 'kill thousands of good-paying union jobs!'

Unions that endorsed Joe Biden for president are experiencing some buyer's remorse only days after his inauguration. In one of his first actions in the White House, President Biden canceled the Keystone XL pipeline. Now, the unions that supported Biden are criticizing the newly-elected president for the political move that they say will "kill thousands of good-paying union jobs!"

The Keystone XL pipeline was first proposed in 2008, but the Obama administration vetoed the 1,200-mile pipeline in November 2015. On his fourth day in office, former President Donald Trump signed an executive order to advance the $8 billion Keystone XL pipeline project, which would pump 35 million gallons of crude oil a day from Alberta, Canada to Steele City, Nebraska.

Citing climate change concerns, the Biden administration announced on Wednesday it would revoke the federal permits for the Keystone XL pipeline.

TC Energy Corporation, the Canadian company behind the Keystone XL pipeline project, said they would cut more than 11,000 jobs.

Jason Kenney, Premier of Alberta, appeared on Fox News' "The Story," where he said that Biden's move "kills thousands of union labor jobs on both sides of the U.S.-Canada border and counterintuitively makes the United States more dependent on 'dictatorships' for its energy needs."

Andy Black, president and CEO of the Association of Oil Pipe Lines, said, "Killing 10,000 jobs and taking $2.2 billion in payroll out of workers' pockets is not what Americans need or want right now."

Biden was also slammed for canceling the Keystone XL pipeline by the same unions who endorsed him in the 2020 election.

"Pipeline construction has been a lifeline for many #LIUNA members across the country," the Laborers' International Union of North America said. "The anticipated decision to cancel the Keystone Pipeline will kill thousands of good-paying UNION jobs!"

In September, LIUNA "proudly" endorsed Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, claiming the Democrats "stand out as the blue-collar candidates."

Unions that endorsed Joe Biden for president are experiencing some buyer's remorse only days after his inauguration. In one of his first actions in the White House, President Biden canceled the Keystone XL pipeline. Now, the unions that supported Biden are criticizing the newly-elected president for the political move that they say will "kill thousands of good-paying union jobs!"

The Keystone XL pipeline was first proposed in 2008, but the Obama administration vetoed the 1,200-mile pipeline in November 2015. On his fourth day in office, former President Donald Trump signed an executive order to advance the $8 billion Keystone XL pipeline project, which would pump 35 million gallons of crude oil a day from Alberta, Canada to Steele City, Nebraska.

On Nov. 7, 2020, Terry O'Sullivan, General President of LIUNA, stated, "Together, we helped push Joe Biden and Kamala Harris over the top, and we helped elect many pro-union, pro-labor, and pro-family candidates to office."
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

If you run a campaign on "infrastructure" and all of the jobs you will create by passing massive infrastructure projects, then it only seems logical that on Day 1 you would cancel a huge infrastructure project that is already hiring and paying thousands of workers.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:55 pm If you run a campaign on "infrastructure" and all of the jobs you will create by passing massive infrastructure projects, then it only seems logical that on Day 1 you would cancel a huge infrastructure project that is already hiring and paying thousands of workers.
Pipelines arent infrastructure
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:22 pm
Animal wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:55 pm If you run a campaign on "infrastructure" and all of the jobs you will create by passing massive infrastructure projects, then it only seems logical that on Day 1 you would cancel a huge infrastructure project that is already hiring and paying thousands of workers.
it absolutely is, Ms Cortez.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Kinda gotta go with flumpy on that one, it is by definition.
Biker

Post by Biker »

Stapes wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:22 pm
Dipshit
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:11 pm Kinda gotta go with flumpy on that one, it is by definition.
but hey, Joe is going to pass a huge infrastructure plan. and supply millions of jobs. wait. those are construction jobs which don't count since building a highway isn't a permanent job or anything. nevermind.