Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

Like any of you fat fucks would've made the varsity team.
Post Reply
User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#1

Post by Animal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:42 pm

Chiefs: +200.
Packers: +380.
Saints: +550.
Bills: +600.
Ravens: +800.
Buccaneers: +850.
Rams: +2200.
Browns: +2800.

So, let's say that you were "gifted" $1,000. And the only stipulation was that you HAD to bet all $1,000 on some combination (or single bet) on the above Super Bowl 2021 outcomes. Each bet costs $100 (as posted). And you can bet more than $100 on any team. For every $100 bet, the winnings is shown beside each team.

Now, how would you bet your $1,000 and give your thinking of why. Any money not bet is lost and there is no juice on these bets.

Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 3394
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#2

Post by Antknot » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:52 pm

2ea Chiefs and Packers, 1ea the rest. As I don’t follow football and was given money and would lose it if I did not bet. This way I get something.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 6171
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#3

Post by Reservoir Dog » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 pm

I'll put the whole $1,000 on the Saints.

It would be an amazing feel-good story to see Drew Brees win another Super Bowl and then ride off into the sunset.

User avatar
Biker
Not really a democrat
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#4

Post by Biker » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:20 pm

The Bucs at +850 is tempting
**Posts from Biker's feed do not necessarily reflect his personal views

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 2930
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#5

Post by B-Tender » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:23 pm

$300 on the Bills because I like the chances to get to the SB
$200 on the Pack for the same as above
$200 on the Saints I think either the Pack or Saints are going
$100 on the Ravens punchers chance
$100 on the Rams very good d-line, good payout
$100 on the Browns hot right now, good payout

User avatar
FSchmertz
As Above The Fray As Stapes’ Balls
Posts: 3738
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#6

Post by FSchmertz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:28 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 pm
I'll put the whole $1,000 on the Saints.

It would be an amazing feel-good story to see Drew Brees win another Super Bowl and then ride off into the sunset.
yep

Though my logic is

1) It's not my money, so I'm not losing anything

2) The longest shot I think has a chance

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 4193
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#7

Post by megman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:10 pm

Everything on the Browns.

BOOBS - PROOF THAT MEN CAN FOCUS ON 2 THINGS AT ONCE

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#8

Post by Animal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Animal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Chiefs: +200.
Packers: +380.
Saints: +550.
Bills: +600.
Ravens: +800.
Buccaneers: +850.
Rams: +2200.
Browns: +2800.

So, let's say that you were "gifted" $1,000. And the only stipulation was that you HAD to bet all $1,000 on some combination (or single bet) on the above Super Bowl 2021 outcomes. Each bet costs $100 (as posted). And you can bet more than $100 on any team. For every $100 bet, the winnings is shown beside each team.

Now, how would you bet your $1,000 and give your thinking of why. Any money not bet is lost and there is no juice on these bets.
Okay. Well, first of all, I don't see anyone beating the Chiefs on the way to the Super Bowl.
$500 on Chiefs (+200) to win $1000

then it comes down to these teams on who plays the Chiefs
$150 on Packers (+380) to win $570
$200 on Saints (+550) to win $1100
$100 on Bucs (+850) to win $850
$50 on Rams (+2200) to win $1100

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 2930
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#9

Post by B-Tender » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm

Animal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 pm
Animal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:42 pm
Chiefs: +200.
Packers: +380.
Saints: +550.
Bills: +600.
Ravens: +800.
Buccaneers: +850.
Rams: +2200.
Browns: +2800.

So, let's say that you were "gifted" $1,000. And the only stipulation was that you HAD to bet all $1,000 on some combination (or single bet) on the above Super Bowl 2021 outcomes. Each bet costs $100 (as posted). And you can bet more than $100 on any team. For every $100 bet, the winnings is shown beside each team.

Now, how would you bet your $1,000 and give your thinking of why. Any money not bet is lost and there is no juice on these bets.
Okay. Well, first of all, I don't see anyone beating the Chiefs on the way to the Super Bowl.
$500 on Chiefs (+200) to win $1000

then it comes down to these teams on who plays the Chiefs
$150 on Packers (+380) to win $570
$200 on Saints (+550) to win $1100
$100 on Bucs (+850) to win $850
$50 on Rams (+2200) to win $1100
I think the Chiefs are much more vulnerable this year.

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#10

Post by Animal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 pm

B-Tender wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm
I think the Chiefs are much more vulnerable this year.
they may be, but you have to admit their side of the bracket is a hell of a lot easier than the other side.

User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 5479
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: On a rock

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#11

Post by Wut » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 pm

I’d spend it on hookers and blow.
wut?

User avatar
B-Tender
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 2930
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:48 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#12

Post by B-Tender » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:01 am

Wut wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 pm
I’d spend it on hookers and blow.
Otherwise it'd be wasted.

User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 5479
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: On a rock

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#13

Post by Wut » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 am

B-Tender wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:01 am
Wut wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 pm
I’d spend it on hookers and blow.
Otherwise it'd be wasted.
:beavisbutthead:
wut?

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Posts: 6171
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#14

Post by Reservoir Dog » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:20 am

Animal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 pm
B-Tender wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm
I think the Chiefs are much more vulnerable this year.
they may be, but you have to admit their side of the bracket is a hell of a lot easier than the other side.
:eek:

User avatar
FSchmertz
As Above The Fray As Stapes’ Balls
Posts: 3738
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#15

Post by FSchmertz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:28 am

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:20 am
Animal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 pm
B-Tender wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:01 pm
I think the Chiefs are much more vulnerable this year.
they may be, but you have to admit their side of the bracket is a hell of a lot easier than the other side.
:eek:
Oh no he didn't! ;)

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#16

Post by Animal » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Antknot wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:52 pm
2ea Chiefs and Packers, 1ea the rest. As I don’t follow football and was given money and would lose it if I did not bet. This way I get something.
you would still be in it. $200 on the Chiefs (+200). $200 on the packers (+380). $100 on the Bills (+600). And $100 on the Bucs ($850).

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#17

Post by Animal » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 pm
I'll put the whole $1,000 on the Saints.

It would be an amazing feel-good story to see Drew Brees win another Super Bowl and then ride off into the sunset.
Sorry, you are wiped out.

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#18

Post by Animal » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:30 pm

Biker wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:20 pm
The Bucs at +850 is tempting
You are still in it. $1000 on the bucs (+$850)

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#19

Post by Animal » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm

B-Tender wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:23 pm
$300 on the Bills because I like the chances to get to the SB
$200 on the Pack for the same as above
$200 on the Saints I think either the Pack or Saints are going
$100 on the Ravens punchers chance
$100 on the Rams very good d-line, good payout
$100 on the Browns hot right now, good payout
Still have the Bills $300 at (+600). Packers $200 at (+$380).

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#20

Post by Animal » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm

FSchmertz wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:28 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 pm
I'll put the whole $1,000 on the Saints.

It would be an amazing feel-good story to see Drew Brees win another Super Bowl and then ride off into the sunset.
yep

Though my logic is

1) It's not my money, so I'm not losing anything

2) The longest shot I think has a chance
Nope. You are wiped out.

User avatar
Animal
The Great Pretender
Posts: 12127
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#21

Post by Animal » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:34 pm

Animal wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:54 pm

Okay. Well, first of all, I don't see anyone beating the Chiefs on the way to the Super Bowl.
$500 on Chiefs (+200) to win $1000

then it comes down to these teams on who plays the Chiefs
$150 on Packers (+380) to win $570
$200 on Saints (+550) to win $1100
$100 on Bucs (+850) to win $850
$50 on Rams (+2200) to win $1100
I have KC for $500 (+200). Bucs $100 for ($850). Green Bay $150 for (+380)

User avatar
FSchmertz
As Above The Fray As Stapes’ Balls
Posts: 3738
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Futures bet on the Superbowl 2021

#22

Post by FSchmertz » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:59 pm

Animal wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:32 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:28 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 pm
I'll put the whole $1,000 on the Saints.

It would be an amazing feel-good story to see Drew Brees win another Super Bowl and then ride off into the sunset.
yep

Though my logic is

1) It's not my money, so I'm not losing anything

2) The longest shot I think has a chance
Nope. You are wiped out.
Brees really does need to retire, and apparently he knows it.

Post Reply