Guy thought he was slick...

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

stonedmegman
In Search of vitamin T

Re: Guy thought he was slick...

Post by stonedmegman »

Animal wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 5:04 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:40 pm
necronomous wrote: Tue May 07, 2024 3:24 pm The problem with the zipper merge is that it completely relies on people doing the right thing. Its a wonderful thing when its done right but then you have idiot fucking moronic CDC types.

Ftfy
It's almost exactly like the growing movement with traffic circles. It's a really great idea for making traffic move. Until one single person screws up the whole system due either to stupidity or ignorance or even sometimes malfeasance.

The next new "idea" is the diverging diamond interchange, swapping temporarily the lane positions. Great idea, until one ignoramus gets it all wrong and messes up all the other drivers.
https://www.clickorlando.com/traffic/20 ... d-to-know/
as a road builder, i fucking hate traffic circles because they are so hard to build. there is no where to put traffic during each phase and you have to cut the thing up into too many pieces.

but as a driver, i love them. they eliminate the HUGE backups that stop signs and even red lights create. They allow people to make their own decisions based on the reality of the situation (not sitting at a red light while no cars are going through the green light) And it allows the dominate traffic lane at the time to control the flow through the circle. We used to have them years ago and they went out of style. But they are coming back with a vengeance now. I am seeing them all over the place.
They installed one in Peterborough aboot 2 years ago, but it's at a minor intersection on a semi residential road.

Been one in Ottawa for decades but it's where 2 farm roads meet in the middle of the experimental farm.
QANON IS JUST SCIENTOLOGY FOR HILLBILLIES