Geist's official movie/tv recommendation thread

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Geist's official movie/tv recommendation thread

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 am Half way through "1883". I'm actually pretty shocked how good this one season only series is. Taylor Sheridan keeps putting out such awesome content and ratings are through the roof and mainstream Hollywood refuses to even acknowledge he even exists. Ratings and fans still rule not some BS liberal agenda they think matters. Life is good.
Oh yeah, Paramount has never heard of the guy. :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Ricrude
No life apart from this stupid forum board
Interests: Drinking, gambling, running around with the wrong crowd, pranks...typical UJ stuff.

Post by Ricrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:36 am
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:44 am Half way through "1883". I'm actually pretty shocked how good this one season only series is. Taylor Sheridan keeps putting out such awesome content and ratings are through the roof and mainstream Hollywood refuses to even acknowledge he even exists. Ratings and fans still rule not some BS liberal agenda they think matters. Life is good.
Oh yeah, Paramount has never heard of the guy. :lol:
Well, the Coyote singlehandedly kept Acme Products alive through the entire existence of the Roadrunner cartoons...now that's impressive.

It is absolutely amazing that some people survive walking out of their homes...fo reelz!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I can't believe they let Sheldon's dad die.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Geist wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:11 pm After binge watching 3 Body Problem twice now, I have to give Netflix a tiny bit of credit. They didn't do to it what they did to The Witcher and allow the writers to tell their own story with established IP. The timeline seems to be a bit sped up and there are a few liberties taken but overall, the lore seems to be respected. It's by the creators of GoT, and to their credit, the early seasons where they had GRRM's novels as a reference were their best.

9/10, anxiously awaiting the Dark Forest season
I saw an article today that it has been renewed for Season 2

edit: referring to 3 Body Problem
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

nerd_alert wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:56 am
Geist wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:11 pm After binge watching 3 Body Problem twice now, I have to give Netflix a tiny bit of credit. They didn't do to it what they did to The Witcher and allow the writers to tell their own story with established IP. The timeline seems to be a bit sped up and there are a few liberties taken but overall, the lore seems to be respected. It's by the creators of GoT, and to their credit, the early seasons where they had GRRM's novels as a reference were their best.

Can't wait to see how they handle the time leap. Shits just gonna get crazy from here, especially if they get a third season for the final book.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Geist wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:43 pm
nerd_alert wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:56 am

Can't wait to see how they handle the time leap. Shits just gonna get crazy from here, especially if they get a third season for the final book.
It's actually a weird setup. Apparently they are ordering new episodes but not referring to it as Season 2. In a statement they said they get to the story through to its epic conclusion.

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/3-body ... 236004233/