Why is Biden Administration Lying about Border Crisis?

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Re: Why is Biden Administration Lying about Border Crisis?

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:38 pm The language of the law states very clearly that every illegal alien shall be retained in custody (DETAINED) until their admittance into the country has been determined. EVERY single one. Detained until they determine if they should be admitted.

Mayorkas did not do that because he's a criminal and he told that law to kiss his ass and he didn't follow it. Sort of like Trump did with the fraud law. But, as you have stated, it doesn't matter if everyone does it, what matters is what the law clearly says. Mayorkas violated it and he has been impeached over it. A law. Not a policy.
Wrong, read the cited legal experts take. Policy disputes are not impeachable crimes.
Antknot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:39 pm So you’re saying that yes it is policy to lie to Congress. The specific lie being that the border was secure.
Wrong, read the cited legal experts take. Policy disputes are not impeachable crimes.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:15 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:38 pm The language of the law states very clearly that every illegal alien shall be retained in custody (DETAINED) until their admittance into the country has been determined. EVERY single one. Detained until they determine if they should be admitted.

Mayorkas did not do that because he's a criminal and he told that law to kiss his ass and he didn't follow it. Sort of like Trump did with the fraud law. But, as you have stated, it doesn't matter if everyone does it, what matters is what the law clearly says. Mayorkas violated it and he has been impeached over it. A law. Not a policy.
Antknot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:39 pm So you’re saying that yes it is policy to lie to Congress. The specific lie being that the border was secure.
your interpretation of what the legal experts have said is wrong. i agree that policy disputes are not impeachable crimes. you don't have to keep repeating that over and over.

mayorkas committed a crime by not detaining every illegal that came into the US until it could be determined that they could be here. Instead he just let them in and told them they could have a hearing later. That is illegal. The law is clear on this. The law says they MUST BE DETAINED until their entry into the US is confirmed. And if it isn't they should be deported. He violated that law millions of times. millions.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:37 pm your interpretation of what the legal experts have said is wrong.
Is it? Because you're going to really have to stretch to change this:
dot wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:48 am https://time.com/6554103/mayorkas-impea ... riticized/
But legal experts warned that policy disputes, even if contentious, do not meet the constitutional impeachment threshold of high crimes and misdemeanors. "If members of this committee disapprove of the Biden Administration’s immigration and border policies, the Constitution gives this Congress a wealth of legislative powers to change them—impeachment is not one of those powers," Frank Bowman, a professor emeritus of law at the University of Missouri School of Law, testified at the hearing. "Dislike of a president's policy is certainly not one of [the grounds for impeachment].”

Legal scholars agree that the purpose of impeachment is to serve as a constitutional mechanism for the removal of federal officials who engage in serious misconduct, ensuring accountability and safeguarding the integrity of the government. Impeachable actions typically encompass severe offenses such as corruption, abuse of power, or subversion of the U.S. Constitution. These criteria, often cited as high crimes and misdemeanors in the constitutional context, provide a framework for evaluating whether an official's conduct warrants the extraordinary measure of impeachment, a process that involves both the House of Representatives and the Senate.
To mean the opposite of what it says.
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:37 pm i agree that policy disputes are not impeachable crimes. you don't have to keep repeating that over and over.
Apparently I do, because you can't accept that what you're alleging isn't impeachable. I get why you're duped over it, but that's not my problem, that's your gullibility in believing people that lie to you at every turn. Educate yourself.
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:37 pm mayorkas committed a crime by not detaining every illegal that came into the US until it could be determined that they could be here. Instead he just let them in and told them they could have a hearing later. That is illegal. The law is clear on this. The law says they MUST BE DETAINED until their entry into the US is confirmed. And if it isn't they should be deported. He violated that law millions of times. millions.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... nt-history
Joshua Matz, a lawyer who has written extensively on impeachment and worked on both impeachments of Trump, recently told Politico: “Impeachment trials are meant to be deadly serious business for matters of state – not free publicity for the House majority to air policy attacks on the current administration.”

The Mayorkas impeachment articles, Matz said, are “so manifestly about policy disagreement rather than anything that could arguably qualify as high crimes and misdemeanours, that it would be unwarranted to waste the Senate’s time with the trial on the matter.

“The articles are formally deficient in so many ways that any trial would be flagrantly unfair and create such grave due process issues that it would be outrageous to even proceed.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/31/us/p ... ation.html
Republicans have moved forward with the process even though constitutional scholars, past secretaries of homeland security and even some former legal advisers to former President Donald J. Trump have noted that nothing Mr. Mayorkas is accused of rises to the level of high crimes and misdemeanors, the standard for impeachment laid out in the Constitution.

The G.O.P. argues that the secretary’s failure to uphold certain aspects of immigration law is itself a constitutional crime. But in the United States, the president and his administration have wide latitude to control the border, and Mr. Mayorkas has not exceeded those authorities.
The government has broad authority over how and when to detain migrants.

Parole powers allow migrants to live and work temporarily in the United States.

Mr. Mayorkas has tussled with Republicans over what constitutes “operational control” of the border.

Democrats, constitutional scholars and some of his predecessors reject the case against Mr. Mayorkas.
Check your gullibility, mental midget. Read for once outside of your bubble, each line is a header to its own section regarding all the ways in which you've been duped and continue to choose to be duped. I'll leave you to read each one at your leisure, because you clearly won't take in and digest what I've put on the page in front of you prior to now.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

See here's the dilemma that you find yourself in. Mayorkas broke the law. Albeit an law that is never followed because its hard to detain every single immigrant until they can be vetted. I would agree with this, BUT.....

You have chosen to argue that a law is a law is a law and you have to follow the laws even if they are frivolous and typically not followed. Such as the Trump fraud case. Which i would put into that exact same category as Mayorkas.

So, you are either in favor of upholding the law in every single case no matter what, or you are willing to overlook certain behaviors because that's just how its done. Which is it?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:02 pm See here's the dilemma that you find yourself in. Mayorkas broke the law.
Tell me you didn't do the reading without telling me you didn't do the reading. You're just making yourself look stupid.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:15 pm

OK, I agree that lie that the border was secure is policy for the Biden administration.
Last edited by Antknot on Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:02 pm See here's the dilemma that you find yourself in. Mayorkas broke the law.
Tell me you didn't do the reading without telling me you didn't do the reading. You're just making yourself look stupid.
the law states that migrants “shall” be detained while they await removal from the country. Mayorkas broke that law. millions of times.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:14 pm the law states that migrants “shall” be detained while they await removal from the country. Mayorkas broke that law. millions of times.
dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 pm Tell me you didn't do the reading without telling me you didn't do the reading. You're just making yourself look stupid.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:27 pm
Animal wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:14 pm the law states that migrants “shall” be detained while they await removal from the country. Mayorkas broke that law. millions of times.
dot wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:03 pm Tell me you didn't do the reading without telling me you didn't do the reading. You're just making yourself look stupid.
i know its impossible to stop you from repeating yourself once you start. but at least we made it clear which law he had broken and the basis of the impeachment. sorry you didn't like it.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:12 am i know its impossible to stop you from repeating yourself once you start. but at least we made it clear which law he had broken and the basis of the impeachment. sorry you didn't like it.
Wouldn't need to repeat myself if you'd do the reading. You refuse to educate yourself, so that's on you. No impeachable crimes committed, cited references refute your claims about laws being broken. Or in other words:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:39 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:12 am i know its impossible to stop you from repeating yourself once you start. but at least we made it clear which law he had broken and the basis of the impeachment. sorry you didn't like it.
Wouldn't need to repeat myself if you'd do the reading. You refuse to educate yourself, so that's on you. No impeachable crimes committed, cited references refute your claims about laws being broken. Or in other words:
like i say, you can sit there with your fingers in your ears repeating "na. na na na na na na....." but at least you know the crime he is being impeached over.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:17 pm like i say, you can sit there with your fingers in your ears repeating "na. na na na na na na....." but at least you know the crime he is being impeached over.
The irony of you refusing to listen to literally what proves you wrong is noted. Just like with Joe Biden, there are no impeachable crimes.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:12 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:17 pm like i say, you can sit there with your fingers in your ears repeating "na. na na na na na na....." but at least you know the crime he is being impeached over.
The irony of you refusing to listen to literally what proves you wrong is noted. Just like with Joe Biden, there are no impeachable crimes.
So, let's see:

1. There is a law that all illegal aliens shall be detained until their entry into the US is determined to be legal.

2. Breaking that law is a crime.

3. Mayorkas broke that law a few million times.

4. That crime falls under the category of "high crimes or misdemeanors".

5. Mayorkas has been impeached for committing that crime.

6. The end.
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:24 pm So, let's see:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:26 pm
Animal wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:24 pm So, let's see:
butthurt mcbutt doesn't like #1 and #5 above. :lol:
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Dodgin' Dot falling back on his favorite rebuttal strategy of "Nuh uh!" :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:47 am butthurt mcbutt doesn't like #1 and #5 above. :lol:
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:32 am Dodgin' Dot falling back on his favorite rebuttal strategy of "Nuh uh!" :lol:
Not a matter of not liking it, that's a non factor. It's that your list is refuted and you ignore that fact as cited before. I'll even do you one better, cause the partisan hack dupe loves this guy, until he shoots his argument to pieces every time:

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4435 ... -mayorkas/
Conservative pundit and legal scholar Jonathan Turley reiterated his belief this week that House Republicans lack sufficient evidence to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.

“I don’t think they have established any of those basis for impeachment,” Turley said during an appearance Monday morning on Fox News, where he is also a regular contributor for legal affairs. “The fact is, impeachment is not for being a bad Cabinet member or even a bad person. It is a very narrow standard.”

“I just don’t believe that they have a cognizable basis here for impeachment,” Turley said, noting lawmakers and constitutional experts have long warned about the weaponization of impeachment against government officials for political purposes.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/homeland- ... mpeachable
Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas has been denounced as dishonest, duplicitous, and derelict by his critics. In my view, all of those things are manifestly true. It is also true, in my opinion, that none of those things amount to high crimes and misdemeanors warranting his impeachment.

The Republican push to impeach Mayorkas has been gaining steam as record numbers of undocumented migrants pour over our Southern border. Even many Democrats are now alarmed by the numbers and the threat that they pose to our national security and to our economy. Sanctuary cities from Chicago to New York are actively trying to prevent new migrants from seeking sanctuary within their own borders.

At the center of all of this is Mayorkas, who has long been viewed as an enabling figure for illegal migrations. He is also accused of implementing Biden policy changes that removed barriers to migrants, including rescinding the “Stay in Mexico” rule.

Some of us have also questioned his integrity, particularly in controversies like the false claims that border agents whipped migrants in Texas.

Mayorkas knew the allegations against his own personnel were debunked, but showed little concern or compassion for agents, particularly after President Joe Biden promised they would be punished before any investigation had even begun.

However, being a bad person is not impeachable—or many cabinets would be largely empty.

Moreover, being bad at your job is not an impeachable offense. Even really bad. Even Mayorkas’ level of bad. If that were the case, he would be only the latest in a long line of cabinet officers frog-marched into Congress for constitutional termination.

In history, there has only been one cabinet member impeached. That was Secretary of War William Belknap in 1876. That alone should concentrate the mind of members. Despite decades of controversial cabinet members accused of flaunting the law or abusing their positions, Congress has only crossed this Rubicon once. There has existed a certain detente between the parties; an understanding that policy-based impeachments could open up endless tit-for-tat impeachment politics.

The charges against Belknap were serious, in that he had allegedly “disregarded his duty as Secretary of War, and basely prostituted his high office to his lust for private gain.” The alleged bribes in contracts in the Indian territories would have constituted impeachable offenses, but Belknap had already left office. His case raised the question of retroactive impeachments for former federal officers.

The jurisdictional concerns made the difference for Belknap. The final vote on the closest article was 37 to 25 in favor of impeachment—four votes short of the number needed for conviction.

There is no jurisdictional question for Mayorkas, but there is also no current evidence that he is corrupt or committed an impeachable offense. He can be legitimately accused of effectuating an open border policy, but that is a disagreement on policy that is traced to the President.

In fairness to the GOP, they allege that Mayorkas is violating federal law in releasing what he now reportedly admits is over 85 percent of illegal migrants into the country as well as alleged false statements to Congress. Such releases, however, occurred in prior administrations and the merits of these claims are still being argued in court.

The courts have long recognized that presidents are allowed to establish priorities in the enforcement of federal laws, even when those priorities tend to lower enforcement for certain groups or areas. It is a matter of discretion.

Indeed, even under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) which holds the government liable for civil damages, there is a discretionary function exception codified under 28 U.S.C. § 2680(a) for policy-based judgments.

Immigration has long been an area of intense policy disagreements. Trump policies were denounced by critics as draconian or even racist. Biden's policies have been denounced as fueling illegal crossings and frustrating efforts to curtail the flow, particularly by border states.

In my view, Biden has been dead wrong on immigration, but voters will soon have an opportunity to render a judgment on those policies in the election. Mayorkas has carried out those policies. What has not been shown is conduct by the secretary that could be viewed as criminal or impeachable.

If Mayorkas is violating federal law, he can be brought to court to enjoin his actions. A prior case seeking to prevent the termination of the “Stay in Mexico” policy resulted in a win for the Biden administration in Biden v. Texas, when the Supreme Court ruled the president had the authority to revoke the Migrant Protection Protocols.

During the Constitutional Convention, there was a debate over the grounds for impeachment with George Mason arguing for a broad scope of offenses that could “subvert the Constitution.” His view was rejected. Most notably, there was a rejection of “maladministration” as a basis for impeachment.

An English trial of Warren Hastings weighed heavily on the forging of the impeachment standard. The former governor of India was charged with various offenses including “mismanagement and misgovernment... and mistreatment of various provinces.” While figures like Mason saw the need for the adoption of a similarly broad definition, his suggestion of maladministration was rejected as too broad.

What Mayorkas is guilty of is maladministration. He has failed to secure the Southern border and has long denied the gravity of this crisis, including refusing to call it a crisis even as daily and monthly crossings reached unprecedented levels.

None of this means that a cabinet member cannot be impeached. However, not like this. Not for maladministration.

I hold no brief for Alejandro Mayorkas. However, I hold the Constitution more dearly than I despise his tenure. Absent some new evidence, I cannot see the limiting principle that would allow the House to impeach Mayorkas without potentially making any policy disagreement with a cabinet member a high crime and misdemeanor. That is a slippery slope that we would be wise to avoid. Indeed, it is precisely the temptation that the Framers thought they had avoided by rejecting standards like maladministration.

That is why the case has not been made to impeach Alejandro Mayorkas.
Another classic example of the dilemma for MAGAts. Your own star witnesses dismantle your flimsy partisan endeavors, now what do you do?
Biker
Official UJR Russian Asset

Post by Biker »

peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

Biker wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:57 pm Image
You left out Oregon and Washington.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:56 am
Biker wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:57 pm Image
You left out Oregon and Washington.
This is the correct response, and I live in Washington.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:52 pm Not a matter of not liking it, that's a non factor. It's that your list is refuted and you ignore that fact as cited before.
what part of my list has been refuted by you exactly? which crime in my list isn't actually a crime? If you can't refute that every single crime on my list is not a crime, then you have lost this argument. Dupey
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:57 pm what part of my list has been refuted by you exactly? which crime in my list isn't actually a crime?
You're gonna have to read the cited references if you actually want answers in good faith. Now if you're just interested in posturing and lying, then continue on. But it won't change the fact that you're wrong and have experts telling you so, even ones your side swears by.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

dot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:45 pm
Animal wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:57 pm what part of my list has been refuted by you exactly? which crime in my list isn't actually a crime?
You're gonna have to read the cited references if you actually want answers in good faith. Now if you're just interested in posturing and lying, then continue on. But it won't change the fact that you're wrong and have experts telling you so, even ones your side swears by.
that's what i expected. so if everything on my list is cleraly a crime, then you would have to have some argument that they don't rise to the level of an "impeachable" crime. And you know the definition of that, right Mr Definition? A "high crime or misdemeanor". So, which one of my crimes on my list are not "high crimes or misdemeanors"?
dot
Dodgin’ Ese

Post by dot »

Animal wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:17 pm that's what i expected. so if everything on my list is cleraly a crime
If you'd done the reading, you'd see they're not. Swing and a miss again, mental midget.