More Violent Democrats (now cowardly violent)

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.
Anyone posting Ben Garrison comics gets a three-day vacation.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: More Violent Democrats (now cowardly violent)

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:38 pm
Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:33 pm I have no idea.
The rest of us know the answer. They did NOT censor the russia collusion story and they absolutely censored the hunter biden laptop story.
Here’s a little exercise for you. Go to Twitter and search “Hunter Biden,” then come back and tell me they are censoring that.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:50 pm
The rest of us know the answer. They did NOT censor the russia collusion story and they absolutely censored the hunter biden laptop story.
How do you know that?
I'm sort of surprised that you are taking that approach, but:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/twitters-l ... 1604263210

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opin ... p-business

https://thehill.com/opinion/technology/ ... tate-media
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:53 pm
Here’s a little exercise for you. Go to Twitter and search “Hunter Biden,” then come back and tell me they are censoring that.
well, there you have it folks. Twitter (and facebook) did NOT censor the Hunter Biden laptop story. :lol:
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 pm
well, there you have it folks. Twitter (and facebook) did NOT censor the Hunter Biden laptop story. :lol:
Well, yeah, that is exactly my point. If you go to Twitter you will find plenty of discussion of hunter Biden’s laptop, regardless of what your posted articles claim.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:40 pm
Well, yeah, that is exactly my point. If you go to Twitter you will find plenty of discussion of hunter Biden’s laptop, regardless of what your posted articles claim.
Wow. if you are really this stupid, then good job.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:21 pm
Stupid is seeing evidence and ignoring it. Go.....to.....Twitter.....and.....see.....for....yourself.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:23 pm

Stupid is seeing evidence and ignoring it. Go.....to.....Twitter.....and.....see.....for....yourself.
you seriously can't be on the up and up here. there is no way you can not know that Twitter and Facebook were censoring posts, blocking accounts and flagging people's posts during october and november for mentioning the hunter biden story.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

From Rolling Stone:

After the Post story was published last week, both Facebook and Twitter, in an apparent effort to right the wrongs of 2016, took action to limit its spread. Twitter blocked users from sharing the story on the grounds that it violated Twitter guidelines against publishing hacked materials, while Facebook limited its distribution pending third-party fact-check review.

Fuck :lol:
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:30 pm
Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:23 pm

you seriously can't be on the up and up here. there is no way you can not know that Twitter and Facebook were censoring posts, blocking accounts and flagging people's posts during october and november for mentioning the hunter biden story.

So try this, an advanced search of Twitter, date range September and October, 2020, for hunter biden. These are a few of the results of posts during that timeframe.
wut?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Well, my search range was until November 3, but same results essentially.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:45 pm Well, my search range was until November 3, but same results essentially.
are you denying that twitter and facebook blocked and censored the hunter biden story or are you just proving that you can find some tweets that include that topic? because you could not be more wrong about this.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:42 pm
Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:45 pm Well, my search range was until November 3, but same results essentially.
are you denying that twitter and facebook blocked and censored the hunter biden story or are you just proving that you can find some tweets that include that topic? because you could not be more wrong about this.
I looked it up and they blocked sharing of the New York Post article on Hunter Biden, so in that specific instance, yes they did block it. Otherwise, no.

Are you saying they did so on more than the Post article?
wut?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Why does anyone give a fuck about hunter bidens laptop? That's like eric trumps grindr profile..... Who cares
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:51 pm
I looked it up and they blocked sharing of the New York Post article on Hunter Biden, so in that specific instance, yes they did block it. Otherwise, no.

like i said earlier, i obviously don't have access to all of the shit they do. i don't even use fb or twitter. i know that if a news source breaks a story then they are the ONLY source of that story. and if an outlet, like twitter or facebook, block that source and ANYONE that shares anything on that topic from that source, then they story is dead. Other than posts like you found where people are simply talking about it. but the story itself was canned by them. this is just one example. they didn't do that with stories that disparaged trump, even though the evidence to support the story was no better or worse than the evidence to support the Hunter Biden story. Did they censor the story about trump calling vets losers and chumps? that was based on anonymous sources. no, they didn't.

the point of this isn't to defend trump or be pro-trump or cult trump or whatever. the point is that these sites are picking and choosing how and who to censor.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Animal wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:03 am

like i said earlier, i obviously don't have access to all of the shit they do. i don't even use fb or twitter. i know that if a news source breaks a story then they are the ONLY source of that story. and if an outlet, like twitter or facebook, block that source and ANYONE that shares anything on that topic from that source, then they story is dead. Other than posts like you found where people are simply talking about it. but the story itself was canned by them. this is just one example. they didn't do that with stories that disparaged trump, even though the evidence to support the story was no better or worse than the evidence to support the Hunter Biden story. Did they censor the story about trump calling vets losers and chumps? that was based on anonymous sources. no, they didn't.

the point of this isn't to defend trump or be pro-trump or cult trump or whatever. the point is that these sites are picking and choosing how and who to censor.
Just a suggestion, you are better off using the active Aytollah Khamenei account in your argument. The Hunter Biden story contained possible material from a hack which violates other user guidelines. The initial ban was not just because they didn't like what it said in the article. Carry on...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Burn1dwn wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:25 am

Just a suggestion, you are better off using the active Aytollah Khamenei account in your argument. The Hunter Biden story contained possible material from a hack which violates other user guidelines. The initial ban was not just because they didn't like what it said in the article. Carry on...
right. :lol:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

does posting a person's stolen tax returns break any kind of rules or nah?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Fair enough, but repealing 230 isn’t the answer. You’d essentially shut down all commentary online, not just Twitter and Facebook. Every website that allows comment; newspapers, Amazon, TripAdvisor, blogs, all would have to screen each and every post for potential libelous content. They need to be able to block some content; threats, etc., so they have to have some discretion as to what they block. They are also a private entity so they do have discretion as to what they choose to allow. Parler, OANN, etc., have the same discretion.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 am Fair enough, but repealing 230 isn’t the answer. You’d essentially shut down all commentary online, not just Twitter and Facebook. Every website that allows comment; newspapers, Amazon, TripAdvisor, blogs, all would have to screen each and every post for potential libelous content. They need to be able to block some content; threats, etc., so they have to have some discretion as to what they block. They are also a private entity so they do have discretion as to what they choose to allow. Parler, OANN, etc., have the same discretion.
now, with that i whole heartedly agree. the problem is that they have shown their hand. they have shown who they are biased toward. can they reverse that and go back to a middle of the road fair and balanced decider of what is over the line? I am not sure. I honestly don't understand their motivation to do what they have done. to censor parlor, which is only known to be a conservative free speech site, makes absolutely no sense. there are literally hundreds of illegal content porn sites on the internet right now. so let's go after parlor?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Animal wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:14 am
Wut wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:03 am Fair enough, but repealing 230 isn’t the answer. You’d essentially shut down all commentary online, not just Twitter and Facebook. Every website that allows comment; newspapers, Amazon, TripAdvisor, blogs, all would have to screen each and every post for potential libelous content. They need to be able to block some content; threats, etc., so they have to have some discretion as to what they block. They are also a private entity so they do have discretion as to what they choose to allow. Parler, OANN, etc., have the same discretion.
now, with that i whole heartedly agree. the problem is that they have shown their hand. they have shown who they are biased toward. can they reverse that and go back to a middle of the road fair and balanced decider of what is over the line? I am not sure. I honestly don't understand their motivation to do what they have done. to censor parlor, which is only known to be a conservative free speech site, makes absolutely no sense. there are literally hundreds of illegal content porn sites on the internet right now. so let's go after parlor?

Porn hub doesn't tell anyone to execute congressmen/women
I blame Biker.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Probably the illegal porn sites aren’t hosted by Amazon, but Parler, where there is a ton of threatening language being posted, is hosted by Amazon.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:45 am
Probably the illegal porn sites aren’t hosted by Amazon, but Parler, where there is a ton of threatening language being posted, is hosted by Amazon.
ok. you agree with the decision. i don't.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Animal wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:51 am
Wut wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:45 am
ok. you agree with the decision. i don't.
I don’t agree with the decision, I’m telling you why it was made.
wut?