My cat update. Not good

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: My cat update. Not good

Post by Wut »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:17 pm
Geist wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 pm Animal abuse is a good way to not get doxxed.
I don't give a shit. Look, I'm the kinda guy that when a problem comes up, you start going through your options, say options A-Z. That last option is Z and I'm only around say M. I still have some options. Remembered today a widowed good friend of Dad who lives in a house there. No idea of her pet situation (if any) and I'm thinking of approaching her about taking the cat (If he would even stick around a strange house). So, I'm still working the problem. That said, should I have to decide on Z in the end, it will be MY decision and one only I will witness. No one on this board or anywhere else will ever hear about it. And I will be satisfied knowing I saved that cat years of misery.
Option A is a shelter which would solve your problem but you’re a dumbfuck.
wut?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Whackov wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:21 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:17 pm
Geist wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:30 pm Animal abuse is a good way to not get doxxed.
I don't give a shit. Look, I'm the kinda guy that when a problem comes up, you start going through your options, say options A-Z. That last option is Z and I'm only around say M. I still have some options. Remembered today a widowed good friend of Dad who lives in a house there. No idea of her pet situation (if any) and I'm thinking of approaching her about taking the cat (If he would even stick around a strange house). So, I'm still working the problem. That said, should I have to decide on Z in the end, it will be MY decision and one only I will witness. No one on this board or anywhere else will ever hear about it. And I will be satisfied knowing I saved that cat years of misery.
Take care of the damned cat and take it wherever you end up. As much as you say your dad cared for the cat, you owe it to your dad to take care of it
I've already explained this part of the problem months ago when the issue came up. I'm living in motels room right now looking for someplace to live. Nothing in the current environment is available. I'm not going to limit my options to negative zero by bringing a pet situation into it. That I decided 3 months ago. Dead end alley. The cat will not be moving forward with me, barring some miracle. Never know- some magical happening could occur. I don't believe in miracles. And the clock ticks forward to option N
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Anyway, I believe I've stated all the options I'm facing. I'll step away for a day or 2 and check later to see if anyone posted any viable options.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 pm Anyway, I believe I've stated all the options I'm facing. I'll step away for a day or 2 and check later to see if anyone posted any viable options.
Kill yourself instead of the cat. It's a win-win.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

I heard WTC is the third hand in the Don't F**k With Cats.
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:48 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:46 pm Anyway, I believe I've stated all the options I'm facing. I'll step away for a day or 2 and check later to see if anyone posted any viable options.
If this is not a viable option, catch the cat and put an ad on Craigslist for a free cat. There are plenty of cat people. If that is not an option, drop it off at a old folks home. Old ladies love stray cats. 3rd option would be to give it to the owner of a authentic Chinese restaurant. I’m sure they would take better care of it than you do.

Personally, I hate cats and would never own one. However, if it was my dog, I would let my family sleep in a hotel and I would sleep in the car with the dog if need be.
pork
Grouchy old fart.

Post by pork »

Whackov wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:36 pm
If this is not a viable option, catch the cat and put an ad on Craigslist for a free cat. There are plenty of cat people. If that is not an option, drop it off at a old folks home. Old ladies love stray cats. 3rd option would be to give it to the owner of a authentic Chinese restaurant. I’m sure they would take better care of it than you do.

Personally, I hate cats and would never own one. However, if it was my dog, I would let my family sleep in a hotel and I would sleep in the car with the dog if need be.
this
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

I voted. 8-)
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:28 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:59 am Take care of your goddam cat. There is no excuse for it.
Now that my Sister has left, I AM taking care of him. That's not the problem I face when it comes to this cat. Either at the end of next week, or maybe 2 weeks or maybe a month after that (barring some magical job offer), I'm out of Iraan forever. And I can't take the cat (my Dad's). He's been pampered since birth though he's always been an outdoor cat, so he knows what's out there at night and how to survive that, which is good, but he did that being fed a high protein diet for 7-8 years. So, he will be abandoned with no one to feed him, hunted at night by predators, start suffering health issues like mange, worms, etc. The key word is "suffer". I'm open to suggestions, but like a horse with a broken leg, all you are really doing is putting the animal out of their misery. Today was 1 day short of 3 weeks since I left. Checking him out today, I was amazed at the changes in his facial structure- more feral. Going to get a lot worst. A Lot.
So find a good no-kill shelter and surrender him as your now-dead dad's pet. That's a hell of a lot more humane than simply abandoning him to his fate out in the wild. This is what we had to do with my brother's six cats after he died at his house in Gonzalez. The local shelter took them and they eventually found their forever homes since my brother could not longer provide that. Thing is, all but one of them were outdoor born and raised, yet became wonderful indoor companions.

Look, I understand. I love cats and think they're the most fantastic kind of pet. Certainly better than birds and fish by far. And the thing we cat owners love about our feline friends is their independence and pride. Cats love to act as if they don't need us. But cats are a fully domesticated animal. They may harbor some wildness, but they very much need us. They cannot survive out in the cold world strictly on their own. Wild cats typically only survive a couple years if not cared for by a loving human. Your dad's cat may look feral, even try to act feral. But he's not, he's slowly dying from lack of care. A feral cat brought to accept its domestication is not feral, and will never be again. He depended on your dad every day of their lives together. So you owe it to that cat and to your dad's memory to do that right thing. And you know what that is.

Trying to justify it with "putting the animal out of their misery" is just another excuse for saying you want to put it out of your misery and concern. I will not tolerate animal especially cat abuse. They do not deserve it, ever.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

QillerDaemon wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:59 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:28 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:59 am Take care of your goddam cat. There is no excuse for it.
Now that my Sister has left, I AM taking care of him. That's not the problem I face when it comes to this cat. Either at the end of next week, or maybe 2 weeks or maybe a month after that (barring some magical job offer), I'm out of Iraan forever. And I can't take the cat (my Dad's). He's been pampered since birth though he's always been an outdoor cat, so he knows what's out there at night and how to survive that, which is good, but he did that being fed a high protein diet for 7-8 years. So, he will be abandoned with no one to feed him, hunted at night by predators, start suffering health issues like mange, worms, etc. The key word is "suffer". I'm open to suggestions, but like a horse with a broken leg, all you are really doing is putting the animal out of their misery. Today was 1 day short of 3 weeks since I left. Checking him out today, I was amazed at the changes in his facial structure- more feral. Going to get a lot worst. A Lot.
So find a good no-kill shelter and surrender him as your now-dead dad's pet. That's a hell of a lot more humane than simply abandoning him to his fate out in the wild. This is what we had to do with my brother's six cats after he died at his house in Gonzalez. The local shelter took them and they eventually found their forever homes since my brother could not longer provide that. Thing is, all but one of them were outdoor born and raised, yet became wonderful indoor companions.

Look, I understand. I love cats and think they're the most fantastic kind of pet. Certainly better than birds and fish by far. And the thing we cat owners love about our feline friends is their independence and pride. Cats love to act as if they don't need us. But cats are a fully domesticated animal. They may harbor some wildness, but they very much need us. They cannot survive out in the cold world strictly on their own. Wild cats typically only survive a couple years if not cared for by a loving human. Your dad's cat may look feral, even try to act feral. But he's not, he's slowly dying from lack of care. A feral cat brought to accept its domestication is not feral, and will never be again. He depended on your dad every day of their lives together. So you owe it to that cat and to your dad's memory to do that right thing. And you know what that is.

Trying to justify it with "putting the animal out of their misery" is just another excuse for saying you want to put it out of your misery and concern. I will not tolerate animal especially cat abuse. They do not deserve it, ever.
And as usual, your are ignoring or glossing over issues that you are ignorant of or have no idea what you are talking about. Let's start with me. When my Dad died, Me, my brother and sister all had a 1/3 interest (and liabilities) on everything he owned, including the cat. Both my Sister and Brother (who both own homes and have ample room, time, resources) expressed absolute zero interest in the future of my Dad's favorite lifetime pet. Only me. I'm pretty surprised I've not at least received some support for taking this cat's future interests to mind- I'm the only one. Pet abandon charges piss me off. I don't go back work to there until Monday or Tuesday but I'm going to drive the 1 1/2 hour round trip tomorrow so I can feed him. 2nd- the shelter idea is out the window forever. You can forget it. This cat has been free and wild out in the country his entire life. He will not spend the rest of his days in a cage. I won't abide even the thought of that. So that leaves 3 options. 1/ Find someone in Iraan to take him in. I will be working overtime on that next week and have several people in mind/ 2- leave him to his fate to survive on his own and all the entails/ 3 plan Z. And the calendar turns and Option O comes into view.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 pm And as usual, your are ignoring or glossing over issues that you are ignorant of or have no idea what you are talking about. Let's start with me. When my Dad died, Me, my brother and sister all had a 1/3 interest (and liabilities) on everything he owned, including the cat. Both my Sister and Brother (who both own homes and have ample room, time, resources) expressed absolute zero interest in the future of my Dad's favorite lifetime pet. Only me. I'm pretty surprised I've not at least received some support for taking this cat's future interests to mind- I'm the only one. Pet abandon charges piss me off. I don't go back work to there until Monday or Tuesday but I'm going to drive the 1 1/2 hour round trip tomorrow so I can feed him. 2nd- the shelter idea is out the window forever. You can forget it. This cat has been free and wild out in the country his entire life. He will not spend the rest of his days in a cage. I won't abide even the thought of that. So that leaves 3 options. 1/ Find someone in Iraan to take him in. I will be working overtime on that next week and have several people in mind/ 2- leave him to his fate to survive on his own and all the entails/ 3 plan Z. And the calendar turns and Option O comes into view.
OK, I leave it to your own decision on this, since you apparently can't be led to reason and humanity. I understand, this is an anonymous board. Members here only know what others allow to be known about each other. That's the only way we know about Howie's taste in Asian hookers masseuses. Just know this, that cat needed your father for care, and since your dad is gone he needs you. It is not fair to that cat to leave him to his fate out in the wild. He will not survive it, and that will be a cruel dishonor to your father's memory. And trying to put a bullet into his brain is just an unspeakable abomination. I'm simply unable to believe you would actually consider that.

It is better for him, if you cannot find him a home in a place he's familiar with, to have him temporarily caged in an animal facility. That is a much better fate than being left alone in the wild, or roam in hopes of finding a new home. If it comes that the facility has run out of options for him, he might be left with a no-kill shelter for the rest of his days. Or at the very worst, be given a quick and gentle injection. But he's yours, you do what you want.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

QillerDaemon wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:21 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:39 pm And as usual, your are ignoring or glossing over issues that you are ignorant of or have no idea what you are talking about. Let's start with me. When my Dad died, Me, my brother and sister all had a 1/3 interest (and liabilities) on everything he owned, including the cat. Both my Sister and Brother (who both own homes and have ample room, time, resources) expressed absolute zero interest in the future of my Dad's favorite lifetime pet. Only me. I'm pretty surprised I've not at least received some support for taking this cat's future interests to mind- I'm the only one. Pet abandon charges piss me off. I don't go back work to there until Monday or Tuesday but I'm going to drive the 1 1/2 hour round trip tomorrow so I can feed him. 2nd- the shelter idea is out the window forever. You can forget it. This cat has been free and wild out in the country his entire life. He will not spend the rest of his days in a cage. I won't abide even the thought of that. So that leaves 3 options. 1/ Find someone in Iraan to take him in. I will be working overtime on that next week and have several people in mind/ 2- leave him to his fate to survive on his own and all the entails/ 3 plan Z. And the calendar turns and Option O comes into view.
OK, I leave it to your own decision on this, since you apparently can't be led to reason and humanity. I understand, this is an anonymous board. Members here only know what others allow to be known about each other. That's the only way we know about Howie's taste in Asian hookers masseuses. Just know this, that cat needed your father for care, and since your dad is gone he needs you. It is not fair to that cat to leave him to his fate out in the wild. He will not survive it, and that will be a cruel dishonor to your father's memory. And trying to put a bullet into his brain is just an unspeakable abomination. I'm simply unable to believe you would actually consider that.

It is better for him, if you cannot find him a home in a place he's familiar with, to have him temporarily caged in an animal facility. That is a much better fate than being left alone in the wild, or roam in hopes of finding a new home. If it comes that the facility has run out of options for him, he might be left with a no-kill shelter for the rest of his days. Or at the very worst, be given a quick and gentle injection. But he's yours, you do what you want.
Well said
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WTC WANTS to kill the cat. He's just looking for someone to agree with him.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:36 pm

WTC WANTS to kill the cat. He's just looking for someone to agree with him.
I think he feels doing so is manly, just like screaming at checkout girls is.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

San Angelo City website:

I have to surrender my pet. How long will you keep him?
We make every effort to give all adoptable animals every opportunity to be placed into new homes. Although we do not have a specific time limit in which we hold owner released animals, the minimum time period a pet will be held is three days, not including the day of impoundment (unless the pet is irremediably suffering and must be euthanized for humane reasons). In many cases, pets are held for adoption for weeks if space allows. Owners surrendering their pets can assist in the successful adoption of that pet by providing as much information as possible about the animal to shelter staff. This information will assist in placing that pet in the most suitable home for its physical and behavioral needs. Some of the information to provide includes the animal’s medical history, housebroken status and tolerance of other animals and children.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:04 pm San Angelo City website:

Some of the information to provide includes the animal’s medical history, housebroken status and tolerance of other animals and children.
WTC would fail on all counts.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:04 pm San Angelo City website:

We make every effort to give all adoptable animals every opportunity to be placed into new homes. Although we do not have a specific time limit in which we hold owner released animals, the minimum time period a pet will be held is three days, not including the day of impoundment (unless the pet is irremediably suffering and must be euthanized for humane reasons). In many cases, pets are held for adoption for weeks if space allows. Owners surrendering their pets can assist in the successful adoption of that pet by providing as much information as possible about the animal to shelter staff. This information will assist in placing that pet in the most suitable home for its physical and behavioral needs. Some of the information to provide includes the animal’s medical history, housebroken status and tolerance of other animals and children.
Some rescues allow you to sponsor a pet to cover an adoption fee or their stay there, enhancing the likelihood of adoption.
wut?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

He a fucking sorry excuse for a human being.

I'd tell him to turn in his man card but he didn't have one to start with.