Bwahahahaha! *UPDATE* Rosenstein and Barr state no Obstuction of Justice and no collusion...Game. Set. Match!

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Re: Bwahahahaha! *UPDATE* Rosenstein and Barr state no Obstuction of Justice and no collusion...Game. Set. Match!

Post by AnalHamster »

Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:47 pm
Stapes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:40 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:25 pm I'm on page 91, and i see now why a 2 page "summary" of this report was all that was necessary.

So far, the only thing of interest is the incredible amount of work the russian hackers put into the 2016 election here. Pretty scary stuff that it was so easy for them. Hacking servers, emails, passwords, etc. Creating fake twitter, facebook, instagram, etc accounts and convincing millions of people they were legit homegrown political activists. or planning and carrying out rallies and protests under seemingly local organization names. they were so desperate to keep Hillary out of office they were even backing Bernie for a while.

But you guys just keeping burying your heads in the sand 'cause owning the libs is much more important than a President who keeps breaking his oath to uphold the laws of the United States and instead acting like a Mafioso
will do. i'll let you know the context of it as well. because the parts i have read so far lean to him wanting the investigation to "die" because he knew how long they can drag out and how it keeps him from being able to get anything done in the meantime. Nothing suggests that he did those things because of a fear they would find a tie to him (his campaign) conspiring with the Russians.
NYT wrote:Vol. II, Page 4: On May 17, 2017, the Acting Attorney General for the Russia investigation appointed a special counsel to conduct the investigation and related matters. The president reacted to news that a special counsel had been appointed by telling advisors that it was ‘the end of his presidency’ and demanding that Sessions resign.
Uh huh.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Re: Bwahahahaha! *UPDATE* Rosenstein and Barr state no Obstuction of Justice and no collusion...Game. Set. Match!

Post by Stapes »

Why does it matter what his reasoning for obstructing was? He tried to shut down an investigation that was investigating him....lol. And "Attemped obstruction" is illegal whether he was successful or not. Mueller chose not to indict because precedent says you can not indict a sitting president but Congress sure as hell can do something.

"Our investigation found multiple acts by the President that were capable of exerting undue influence over law enforcement investigations, including the Russian-interference and obstruction investigations," the report said. Mr. Trump directed McGahn to remove the special counsel in June 2017.
McGahn told special counsel investigators that Mr. Trump called him twice, telling him "Mueller has to go" and ordering him to inform Rosenstein of his decision. McGahn felt uncircumcized with the request, according to the report, and did not want to trigger a "Saturday Night Massacre" situation, referring to President Nixon's infamous purge of Justice Department officials who refused to fire the special prosecutor investigating Watergate in 1973.

McGahn decided to tender his resignation, but former chief of staff Reince Priebus and adviser Steve Bannon convinced him not to do so.
"Priebus recalled that McGahn said that the President had asked him to do 'crazy shit,'" the report said, but McGahn did not go into detail.

McGahn had not told Mr. Trump he planned to resign, and when he next spoke to Mr. Trump, the president did not follow up on his directive.
Mr. Trump's order to McGahn was followed almost immediately by a directive to adviser Corey Lewandowski to tell then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions to limit the scope of the Russia investigation "to prospective election-interference only."
The special counsel's office called these two successive events "a temporal connection that suggests that both acts were taken with a related purpose with respect to the investigation."

"The President's efforts to influence the investigation were mostly unsuccessful, but that is largely because the persons who surrounded the President decline to carry out orders or accede to his requests," the report said.
Lewandowski and Rick Dearborn, Mr. Trump's former deputy chief of staff, also did not ask Sessions to limit the special counsel's investigation.

After The New York Times reported that Mr. Trump had ordered McGahn to fire Mueller in early 2018, Mr. Trump denied he had done so and called McGahn a "lying bastard."

Mr. Trump attempted to convince McGahn to write a letter saying he had never told him to fire Mueller. McGahn refused to do so, according to the special counsel report. He also "shrugged off" the potential threat that Mr. Trump might fire him, saying "the optics would be terrible if the President followed through with firing him on that basis."

After a "tense" meeting in the Oval Office, in which Mr. Trump called on McGahn to put out a "correction" and McGahn insisted the conversation had occurred, "the President's personal counsel called McGahn's counsel and relayed that the president was 'fine' with McGahn."
I blame Biker.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

So does George Clooney play Mueller in the movie? Too bad Phillip Seymore Hoffman is dead, he would have made a good Trump.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 pm So does George Clooney play Mueller in the movie? Too bad Phillip Seymore Hoffman is dead, he would have made a good Trump.
Excellent casting choices
I blame Biker.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Stapes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:07 pm
B-Tender wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:02 pm So does George Clooney play Mueller in the movie? Too bad Phillip Seymore Hoffman is dead, he would have made a good Trump.
Excellent casting choices
John Slattery from Mad Men looks a bit like Roger Stone.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:25 pm I'm on page 91, and i see now why a 2 page "summary" of this report was all that was necessary.

So far, the only thing of interest is the incredible amount of work the russian hackers put into the 2016 election here. Pretty scary stuff that it was so easy for them. Hacking servers, emails, passwords, etc. Creating fake twitter, facebook, instagram, etc accounts and convincing millions of people they were legit homegrown political activists. or planning and carrying out rallies and protests under seemingly local organization names. they were so desperate to keep Hillary out of office they were even backing Bernie for a while.

But you guys just keeping burying your heads in the sand 'cause owning the libs is much more important than a President who keeps breaking his oath to uphold the laws of the United States and instead acting like a Mafioso
will do. i'll let you know the context of it as well. because the parts i have read so far lean to him wanting the investigation to "die" because he knew how long they can drag out and how it keeps him from being able to get anything done in the meantime. Nothing suggests that he did those things because of a fear they would find a tie to him (his campaign) conspiring with the Russians.
NYT wrote:Vol. II, Page 4: On May 17, 2017, the Acting Attorney General for the Russia investigation appointed a special counsel to conduct the investigation and related matters. The president reacted to news that a special counsel had been appointed by telling advisors that it was ‘the end of his presidency’ and demanding that Sessions resign.
Uh huh.
and so it begins. :lol:

Read the next couple of sentences after the "cherry pick" quote you chose. Nevermind, I will put it all here.
Trump first learned that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Robert Mueller as special counsel from then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions during a meeting to interview candidates for FBI director in May 2017, the report said. Also present were Sessions' chief of staff Jody Hunt and then-White House counsel Don McGahn.
After Sessions delivered the news, "the President slumped back in his chair," the report said, citing notes from Hunt.

"Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm fucked," Trump said.
Trump became "angry and lambasted" Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, according to Hunt's notes.
"How could you let this happen, Jeff?" Trump asked his attorney general.
Trump told Sessions, "'you were supposed to protect me,' or words to that effect," Sessions recalled, the Mueller report stated.

"Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels, it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me," Trump said, according to the report.

He then told Sessions he should resign, the report said. Sessions agreed, left the Oval Office, and the next day returned to the White House to hand Trump his resignation letter, according to the report.

Trump tucked Sessions' resignation letter in his pocket, but then proceeded to ask Sessions multiple times if he wanted to remain attorney general, the report found.
Sessions said he wished to remain attorney general, but said it was up to Trump, the report said. The President said he wanted Sessions to stay and the meeting ended with the two shaking hands, the report said.

B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

I think Mila Kunis could pull off playing Melnaia.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:24 pm I think Mila Kunis could pull off playing Melnaia.
Not even. We need a tall, lithe woman for that. Mila Kunis is a cute little hobbit
Last edited by VinceBordenIII on Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:17 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 pm

Uh huh.
and so it begins. :lol:

Read the next couple of sentences after the "cherry pick" quote you chose. Nevermind, I will put it all here.
Trump first learned that Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Robert Mueller as special counsel from then-Attorney General Jeff Sessions during a meeting to interview candidates for FBI director in May 2017, the report said. Also present were Sessions' chief of staff Jody Hunt and then-White House counsel Don McGahn.
After Sessions delivered the news, "the President slumped back in his chair," the report said, citing notes from Hunt.

"Oh my God. This is terrible. This is the end of my Presidency. I'm fucked," Trump said.
Trump became "angry and lambasted" Sessions for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, according to Hunt's notes.
"How could you let this happen, Jeff?" Trump asked his attorney general.
Trump told Sessions, "'you were supposed to protect me,' or words to that effect," Sessions recalled, the Mueller report stated.

"Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels, it ruins your presidency. It takes years and years and I won't be able to do anything. This is the worst thing that ever happened to me," Trump said, according to the report.

He then told Sessions he should resign, the report said. Sessions agreed, left the Oval Office, and the next day returned to the White House to hand Trump his resignation letter, according to the report.

Trump tucked Sessions' resignation letter in his pocket, but then proceeded to ask Sessions multiple times if he wanted to remain attorney general, the report found.
Sessions said he wished to remain attorney general, but said it was up to Trump, the report said. The President said he wanted Sessions to stay and the meeting ended with the two shaking hands, the report said.

I'm really not seeing how you think that changes the fact that Trump thought an independent counsel being appointed to investigate him would mean the end of his presidency. Looks to me like an example of how you will not believe anything bad of trump no matter what.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:25 pm
B-Tender wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:24 pm I think Mila Kunis could pull off playing Melnaia.
Not even. We need a tall, lithe woman for that. Mila Kunis is a cute little hobbit
True, but it's Hollywood, put her in five inch heels the whole time.

What about Paul Rudd as Michael Cohen?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

I'm thinking an Ivanka nude scene would be terrific.
I blame Biker.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Blake Lively as Ivanka.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Stapes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Played by Chloe Sevigny
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:25 pm
True, but it's Hollywood, put her in five inch heels the whole time.

What about Paul Rudd as Michael Cohen?
Not Coheny enough.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:29 pm
Stapes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Played by Chloe Sevigny
lol....fuck no

The Blake lively suggestion could work
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:26 pm
I'm really not seeing how you think that changes the fact that Trump thought an independent counsel being appointed to investigate him would mean the end of his presidency. Looks to me like an example of how you will not believe anything bad of trump no matter what.
yeah, don't throw me in that category. i find plenty wrong with Trump. But I don't cherry pick meme type quotes to present a false narrative.

He didn't mean it would be "the end of his presidency" in terms of him leaving office or being impeached or whatever. if you read the entire context of the meeting/conversatiions, what he meant was that it would be the end of him being able to get anything done as president until this long drawn out thing concludes.

Sort of like if you are a contractor and you start a job building something and on the first day someone digs up a dinosaur tooth. You are fucked until the guys with tooth brushes and spoons get through digging and searching.

If you can't read that text and infer that, then you are the blind partisan believer.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Google Chloe Sevigny nude.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort told his longtime associate Rick Gates — after they were hit with federal charges — not to plead guilty because the president's personal lawyer had assured him they'd "be taken care of," according to the special counsel's report.
The exchange took place in January 2018, three months after Manafort and Gates were indicted on 12 federal counts including conspiracy against the U.S. and money laundering, says the report, which was released to the public in partially redacted form Thursday.

Manafort told Gates that Trump's personal lawyer said to him they were "going to take care of us," according to Robert Mueller's report.
Manafort went on to say that it would be "stupid" to plead guilty, according to the report's characterization of what Gates told investigators. Manafort emphasized that he had been in touch with the president's personal lawyer and repeated that "that they should 'sit tight' and 'we'll be taken care of,'" Mueller's report says.
I blame Biker.
Mtb_man
Dont Insult His Tool

Post by Mtb_man »

Just check to see if any of you never Trumpers have killed yourselves yet?
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:31 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:26 pm
yeah, don't throw me in that category. i find plenty wrong with Trump. But I don't cherry pick meme type quotes to present a false narrative.

He didn't mean it would be "the end of his presidency" in terms of him leaving office or being impeached or whatever. if you read the entire context of the meeting/conversatiions, what he meant was that it would be the end of him being able to get anything done as president until this long drawn out thing concludes.

Sort of like if you are a contractor and you start a job building something and on the first day someone digs up a dinosaur tooth. You are fucked until the guys with tooth brushes and spoons get through digging and searching.

If you can't read that text and infer that, then you are the blind partisan believer.
What do you think the investigation prevented trump doing? And how?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 pm
what do i think it prevented him from doing? I have no idea. I'm just repeating the context in the next sentence after what you posted.

VisionaryEric
Wants a mod to change his custom title to something else.

Post by VisionaryEric »

"Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels, it ruins your presidency".
Genuinely curious. What kind of political history supports this claim?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

VisionaryEric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm "Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels, it ruins your presidency".
i think anything would be pure speculation, but i assume it means that its this dark cloud over your head for the duration of the investigation. its the first question at every press conference. it ruins mid term election results. its the punch line for every late night talk show host. etc.
VisionaryEric
Wants a mod to change his custom title to something else.

Post by VisionaryEric »

Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:51 pm
VisionaryEric wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:47 pm "Everyone tells me if you get one of these independent counsels, it ruins your presidency".
i think anything would be pure speculation, but i assume it means that its this dark cloud over your head for the duration of the investigation. its the first question at every press conference. it ruins mid term election results. its the punch line for every late night talk show host. etc.
Yes. Even Trump could imagine that. Maybe.
But "everyone" had already told him that, just as he got the news about the independent counsel.
Not sure your examples there stops him from doing anything either. This is weak.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Flumper wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:40 pm
AnalHamster wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 pm
what do i think it prevented him from doing? I have no idea. I'm just repeating the context in the next sentence after what you posted.

You are arguing that he only feared the investigation meant the end of his presidency because it prevented him doing stuff, yet you can't come up with anything it could have prevented him doing and have no interest in what it possibly could have prevented him doing?

Uh huh. And do you think you've thought that one through?