Re: Post nothing for good reason (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

HighNDry wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:36 am
B-Tender wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:58 pm Image
Is that the alternate cover to Riding The Apocalypse?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:40 am
😄 That cover certainly packs a punch.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

HighNDry wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:45 am
CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:40 am
😄 That cover certainly packs a punch.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Biker wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:40 pm
Whackov wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:01 pm
I wonder how they addressed the need for concrete reinforcements with the block building robot?
Hell there wasn't any mortar in the joints, and no mention of how it would be applied.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i was thinking that maybe the rebar was added down through the holes in the blocks later and the same with grout to fill the voids and hold them together. In other words, no mortar between the joints, only mortar vertically in the holes. ??
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:20 pm i was thinking that maybe the rebar was added down through the holes in the blocks later and the same with grout to fill the voids and hold them together. In other words, no mortar between the joints, only mortar vertically in the holes. ??
Then why not use those Styrofoam forms to pour concrete in. Then you can stucco the outside, drywall the inside and have it insulated at the same time.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:24 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:20 pm i was thinking that maybe the rebar was added down through the holes in the blocks later and the same with grout to fill the voids and hold them together. In other words, no mortar between the joints, only mortar vertically in the holes. ??
Then why not use those Styrofoam forms to pour concrete in. Then you can stucco the outside, drywall the inside and have it insulated at the same time.
beats me. most of these type solutions aren't cost effective in terms of simple construction costs. most of them are only done when time is more valuable than construction cost. Its kind of like modular construction. there are places for it, but if time isn't a problem and space is available, you won't see it done.

Now, that mechanical screed damn sure got my attention. but, again, i'm sure the cost is so fucking ridiculous that the only use it would have was if you were under some kind of ridiculous time constraint.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Whackov wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 1:01 pm
Screeding, pulling mud, dragging the pump hose...these things made me the man I am today...someone who doesn't do concrete anymore. Fuck that noise!
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

That barrel grappling doohickey could have an application for managing festivals in St Louis.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

I'm about 1/2 way through Ozark and so far the greatest line of the show is:

Quit parking in the crippled spot. What you got ain't a disability, it's just poor fucking judgement.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

beagleboy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:35 pm I'm about 1/2 way through Ozark and so far the greatest line of the show is:

Quit parking in the crippled spot. What you got ain't a disability, it's just poor fucking judgement.
Whenever I run out of things to watch, I consider starting Ozark, but each time I look at the promo, and it all just looks so gray. For some reason that turns me off to it.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

beagleboy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:35 pm I'm about 1/2 way through Ozark and so far the greatest line of the show is:

I want to be verbally abused by Ruth.

I blame Biker.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:52 pm

I want to be verbally abused by Ruth.

She was in "The Americans" also.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:46 pm
beagleboy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:35 pm I'm about 1/2 way through (edit: season 3) Ozark and so far the greatest line of the show is:

Whenever I run out of things to watch, I consider starting Ozark, but each time I look at the promo, and it all just looks so gray. For some reason that turns me off to it.
Season 1 was Okay.
Season 2 was boring - I struggled with it.
Season 3 is terrific so far.

Only reason I'm watching it is a friend who is in hospice loves it and wants to talk about it. He thinks it's on par with Breaking Bad - I don't. (Season 3 is maybe as good as Breaking Bad)
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

beagleboy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:59 pm
beagleboy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:35 pm I'm about 1/2 way through (edit: season 3) Ozark and so far the greatest line of the show is:

Season 1 was Okay.

Only reason I'm watching it is a friend who is in hospice loves it and wants to talk about it. He thinks it's on par with Breaking Bad - I don't. (Season 3 is maybe as good as Breaking Bad)
Season 2 was terrible. So bad that I considered skipping Season 3. Glad I didn't.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

beagleboy wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:59 pm Season 1 was Okay.

This times a bazillion.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Season 1 was Okay.

What if I were to skip season 2, or just watch a recap?
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:53 pm

Season 1 was Okay.

What if I were to skip season 2, or just watch a recap?
Season 2 felt like Ray Donavan after his wife dies. I get you are bummed out but do you need 10 plus episodes to parlay that? Move on. Its TV. No one really died. S2 of Ozark just digs deep into all the conflicting emotions of the scenario. WE GET IT! Just kill and fukk people again!
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

wut?
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Wut wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:32 pm
That was creepy to watch.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

I figured that you might be intrigued by the ditch attachment since you are a road contractor
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Whackov wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:22 am
I figured that you might be intrigued by the ditch attachment since you are a road contractor
its interesting, but its kind of a one trick pony. a good gradall operator could probably match it in production and its a much more versitile piece of equipment.

but i did enjoy watching it.