Re: Post nothing for good reason (NSFW)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:41 am
Big Chiefin' wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:58 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:50 pm What’s up with college tuition?
That's what happens when the government guarantees student loans. The banks loan money to kids they would never normally loan to because they know they will get paid regardless. The colleges keep jacking up tuition because these stupid kids (and their stupid parents) keep taking out loans without any thought to the later ramifications. If the government would stop guaranteeing loans and only people who can afford college actually go to college then the schools would be forced to compete for students and the prices would come down. As long as student loans are guaranteed by the government, tuition will continue to soar. It's sad the level of student debt in this country but I don't believe that one dime should be forgiven. You signed on the dotted line so deal with it. Nobody forgives my mortgage if I buy more house than I can afford.
It would help if employers would also quit artificially inflating the need for colleges degrees. A bachelor's degree has for many jobs become the new high school diploma. For many even low end managements jobs, a four-year diploma is the minimum to get an application even remotely considered. We actually should be encouraging the development of real technical and trade schools, which would be a lot cheaper and more involved for the average student than trying to fund a college education.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:34 am
That's what happens when the government guarantees student loans. The banks loan money to kids they would never normally loan to because they know they will get paid regardless. The colleges keep jacking up tuition because these stupid kids (and their stupid parents) keep taking out loans without any thought to the later ramifications. If the government would stop guaranteeing loans and only people who can afford college actually go to college then the schools would be forced to compete for students and the prices would come down. As long as student loans are guaranteed by the government, tuition will continue to soar. It's sad the level of student debt in this country but I don't believe that one dime should be forgiven. You signed on the dotted line so deal with it. Nobody forgives my mortgage if I buy more house than I can afford.
It would help if employers would also quit artificially inflating the need for colleges degrees. A bachelor's degree has for many jobs become the new high school diploma. For many even low end managements jobs, a four-year diploma is the minimum to get an application even remotely considered. We actually should be encouraging the development of real technical and trade schools, which would be a lot cheaper and more involved for the average student than trying to fund a college education.
I totally agree. It's a bit more demanding to work your way up but you get there if you have the drive. It's also easier to start your own business as a plumber or electrition.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

I like to point to myself as an example of why you don't need a college degree to make it. I have cousins who think college is "mandatory", have bachelors degrees (one has a masters), and I'm outdoing them all.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:17 am
Charliesheen wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:11 am I gotta stop whining about that. Nobody cares.
My version of this was a few years ago, when we were going through the drought in CA. I was doing everything I could to save as much water as possible, but every other week there would be a water main break releasing thousands upon thousands of gallons of water. It made me question why I even tried.
Our last big drought saw the city sending letters to homeowners dèmanding reductions. I was already conserving water like it was scotch. "Yellow let it mellow" and all that bullshit. Got a letter demanding I get with the program because I hadn't saved any water yet.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Deathproof wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:51 pm
I like to point to myself as an example of why you don't need a college degree to make it. I have cousins who think college is "mandatory", have bachelors degrees (one has a masters), and I'm outdoing them all.
You would be if you weren't the bass player from Nickleback.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:41 am It would help if employers would also quit artificially inflating the need for colleges degrees. A bachelor's degree has for many jobs become the new high school diploma. For many even low end managements jobs, a four-year diploma is the minimum to get an application even remotely considered. We actually should be encouraging the development of real technical and trade schools, which would be a lot cheaper and more involved for the average student than trying to fund a college education.
Well, there are exceptions for practically everything, if you probe hard enough into the subject. Your profession is one of those exceptions, you probably could have done just as well even without a high school diploma. But you are also in a profession with a high attrition rate, not many people make it to real financial independence if at all. We're talking about the average kind of jobs, the working stiff jobs, with people who might be changing their career a couple of times during their work years. For many of those jobs, HR won't even take the merest glance at an application if there isn't *something* on the line to describe completing a higher education.

My own job is like that. I work in computer networking infrastructure. Even ten years ago some slob with a HS diploma and the right connections could have my job. Now, a BS/BA, experience in the field, and relevant certs are required just for consideration. Why, in all honesty it's very similar to any other "lunch bucket" kind of job, I just deal in command lines and network cables instead of bricks and screw drivers and arc welders. But six years ago we went thru some kind of ISO standardization that required many of us to re-apply to our own damn jobs, but with new requirements that included having a bachelor's degree. Some managers kept their jobs only because they had long enlisted military careers before joining the company. I have a BS in biochemistry, almost a masters in organic chemistry, and went to med lab tech school. And *still* had an HR drone question my competency to have the job I had for over ten years at that point.

I still find it fascinating how many musicians, artists, and actors have a master's in Fine Arts, and some even higher. For what?!
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:13 pm
B-Tender wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:17 am
Charliesheen wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:11 am I gotta stop whining about that. Nobody cares.
My version of this was a few years ago, when we were going through the drought in CA. I was doing everything I could to save as much water as possible, but every other week there would be a water main break releasing thousands upon thousands of gallons of water. It made me question why I even tried.
Our last big drought saw the city sending letters to homeowners dèmanding reductions. I was already conserving water like it was scotch. "Yellow let it mellow" and all that bullshit. Got a letter demanding I get with the program because I hadn't saved any water yet.
Water conservation here is much more personal. Our water source is rain water collected from the roof to a tank so if you waste water, you have to pay for a water truck to deliver water to your tank.
wut?
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:09 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:41 am It would help if employers would also quit artificially inflating the need for colleges degrees. A bachelor's degree has for many jobs become the new high school diploma. For many even low end managements jobs, a four-year diploma is the minimum to get an application even remotely considered. We actually should be encouraging the development of real technical and trade schools, which would be a lot cheaper and more involved for the average student than trying to fund a college education.
Well, there are exceptions for practically everything, if you probe hard enough into the subject. Your profession is one of those exceptions, you probably could have done just as well even without a high school diploma. But you are also in a profession with a high attrition rate, not many people make it to real financial independence if at all. We're talking about the average kind of jobs, the working stiff jobs, with people who might be changing their career a couple of times during their work years. For many of those jobs, HR won't even take the merest glance at an application if there isn't *something* on the line to describe completing a higher education.

My own job is like that. I work in computer networking infrastructure. Even ten years ago some slob with a HS diploma and the right connections could have my job. Now, a BS/BA, experience in the field, and relevant certs are required just for consideration. Why, in all honesty it's very similar to any other "lunch bucket" kind of job, I just deal in command lines and network cables instead of bricks and screw drivers and arc welders. But six years ago we went thru some kind of ISO standardization that required many of us to re-apply to our own damn jobs, but with new requirements that included having a bachelor's degree. Some managers kept their jobs only because they had long enlisted military careers before joining the company. I have a BS in biochemistry, almost a masters in organic chemistry, and went to med lab tech school. And *still* had an HR drone question my competency to have the job I had for over ten years at that point.

I still find it fascinating how many musicians, artists, and actors have a master's in Fine Arts, and some even higher. For what?!
Jesus that sounds horrible. Some dipstick learns at MBA school that's how to build a successful company and its off to the races for the dedicated rank and file. Sounds like your company needs Stapes in the parking lot, passing out invitations to organize @ his double-wide.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Blast wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:37 pm You would be if you weren't the bass player from Nickleback.
:lol:
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Blast wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:37 pm
You would be if you weren't the bass player from Nickleback.
Nickelback, the Canadian Metallica. Both proof that you need neither a college degree nor any discernable talent to go multi-platinum.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 pm
B-Tender wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 pm
Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 pm

This actually pisses me off. I'm in an "elite" program for long time customers to get HBO for a fixed price. Now it's free. Thanks a bunch.
You should talk to Charlie here about student loan forgiveness.

I have no life.
😄
Tuesday
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Tuesday »

Whackov wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:44 pm
Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:08 pm
B-Tender wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:47 pm
Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:39 pm

This actually pisses me off. I'm in an "elite" program for long time customers to get HBO for a fixed price. Now it's free. Thanks a bunch.
You should talk to Charlie here about student loan forgiveness.

I have no life.
😄

Awe I missed all the butt hurt.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

Its fucking awesome out right now.

B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Tuesday wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:32 pm Image
Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

Antknot wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:48 pm

12k dead with H1N1.
Ebola- 0.

Derp. Your naivety is why we live like this.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Antknot wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:48 pm

On April 15, 2009, the first infection was identified in California, according to the CDC, and less than two weeks later, on April 26, 2009, the Obama administration declared a public health emergency. The day before, on April 25, the World Health Organization had declared a public health emergency.

Dr. Richard Besser, then-acting director of the CDC, confirmed to the press on the day of the U.S. declaration that there were 20 cases of H1N1 in the U.S., and that “all of the individuals in this country who have been identified as cases have recovered.”

The same day — April 26 — the CDC began releasing antiviral drugs to treat the H1N1 flu, and two days later, the FDA approved a new CDC test for the disease, according to a CDC timeline on the pandemic.

On April 30, 2009, two days after the public health emergency declaration, Obama formally asked Congress for $1.5 billion to fight the outbreak, and later asked for nearly $9 billion, according a September 2009 Congressional Research Service report. On June 26, 2009, Obama signed Congress’ supplemental appropriation bill that included $7.7 billion for the outbreak.

The U.S. public health emergency was renewed twice — on July 24, 2009, and Oct. 1, 2009.

The WHO declared H1N1 a pandemic on June 11, 2009. Obama declared a national emergency related to the pandemic on Oct. 24, 2009. At the time, the CDC director, Dr. Thomas Frieden, had said millions of people had been infected in the U.S. and more than 1,000 had died. Also about 11.3 million doses of H1N1 vaccine had been distributed, he said.
A month later, on Nov. 12, 2009, the CDC published a report that estimated there had been between 14 million and 34 million H1N1 cases between April 17 and Oct. 17, 2009, and 2,500 to 6,000 H1N1-related deaths.

A New York Times article from January 2010 said that while some mistakes were made, a variety of experts thought the administration had generally handled things well.
William Schaffner of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine told the Times that officials deserved “at least a B-plus,” while Mount Sinai virologist Peter Palese called the overall response “excellent.”
I blame Biker.
Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

12k Americans died from H1N1
0 Americans died from Ebola.
Gullible fuck. I bet you still think moron is abolishing the deficit too huh. You're in for some big surprises buddy. Hillary isn't going to jail either.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »