Tesla

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Tesla

Post by CaptQuint »

Anyone here have an opinion about these things?

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
megman
Nanook of the North

Re: Tesla

Post by megman »

I'll wait for FSF and WTC to weigh in.....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Awesome sports car to drive, quick as hell, but way overpriced IMO.

The difference with me is that I got my Honda EV as a promotional special offer so it was cheap as hell.

Also, being married and owning 2 cars we could juggle them around so that eliminated most of the "range anxiety" since it wasn't too often we needed both cars to go over 100 miles in a day.

I just returned my Honda EV this past weekend and it held up great for 5 years of leasing without a single mechanical issue. Heck, it didn't even require servicing other than rotating the tires. However, after checking the latest prices of EV's out there I just think they're overpriced.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

do they come in 4 wheel drive?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

I just pissed off a bunch of people by calling not a real car company and more of a "manufacturing circus". It seems Musk has little issue with making outrageous claims and flat out lies about his companies capabilities
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 pm do they come in 4 wheel drive?
All wheel drive or RWD
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

It's red.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

You cant get the full $7500 electric vehicle tax credit for them anymore.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

B-Tender wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:35 pm You cant get the full $7500 electric vehicle tax credit for them anymore.
And it seems the prices change weekly
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

like it or not.. it's the future
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 pm like it or not.. it's the future
Electric vehicles are the future, not necessarily Tesla vehicles
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

i think improved battery technology is more the future than electric cars right now. If they can find ways to keep cramming more and more capacity into micro chips, they need to start cramming more power into batteries.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Tesla Driver Appeared to Be 'Fully Sleeping' for at Least 30 Miles on SoCal's 405 Freeway

There are six levels of driver assistance technology recognized by federal highway safety authorities, ranging from a driver performing all the tasks to full automation — the vehicle can do everything under all conditions.

Tesla's Autopilot feature falls somewhere around levels 2 and 3, partial automation and conditional automation. Both require the driver to at least be ready to take control of the vehicle at all times.

So when Shawn Miladinovich looked at the Tesla alongside him on the notoriously busy 405 Freeway in Southern California, he was alarmed — the man in the driver's seat was apparently sound asleep, he said.

"I’d seen it on the news before, I just couldn’t believe I was actually seeing it," Miladinovich said.

2019 Southern California Images in the News[LA GALLERY UPDATED 6/11] 2019 Southern California Images in the NewsNBCLA
Miladinovich first noticed the driver on the 405 Freeway in the Orange County community of Westminster and called the California Highway Patrol. About 30 miles later on his way from San Clemente to San Pedro, Miladinovich said the man still appeared to be sleeping.

"I realized he was fully sleeping," he said. "Eyes shut, hands nowhere near the steering wheel."

On its website, Tesla says the advanced Autopilot system is designed to help the driver out with driving's "most burdensome" tasks, enabling the car to steer, accelerate and brake automatically within its lane. The company makes it clear: "Current Autopilot features require active driver supervision and do not make the vehicle autonomous."

5 Reasons Experts Think Autonomous Cars Are Many Years Away
Images and video were captured by a passenger in Miladinovich's car. He said the Tesla driver appeared slumped over with something tied around the steering wheel.

"If his little thing tied around that steering wheel fell off, and he was still sleeping, he would have slammed into somebody going 65 miles per hour," Miladinovich said.

Tesla did not respond to an NBC4 request for comment. The CHP said the driver could be cited, if identified and found.
https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/loca ... 37312.html
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 pm like it or not.. it's the future
Bite your tongue. Gasoline engines in cars has been the norm for 120 years. Screw your innovations Tesla, Sin the entire petroleum industry.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 am
Bite your tongue. horse drawn carriages and buggy whips has been the norm for 120 years. Screw your innovations Henry Ford, Sin the entire horsebreeding industry.
:lol:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:28 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 am
Bite your tongue. horse drawn carriages and buggy whips has been the norm for 120 years. Screw your innovations Henry Ford, Sin the entire horsebreeding industry.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

One of my clients has one. She LOVES LOVES it. No dash stuff just a computer screen. I'm not sure what kind of distance it gets on a charge but she has no complaints so far. Plus they look sexy as fuck. She drove by while I was walking kiddo home from school and he doesnt care about cars at all but he was like, that's a really nice car! So they definitely turn heads.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

JCW wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:47 am One of my clients has one. She LOVES LOVES it. No dash stuff just a computer screen. I'm not sure what kind of distance it gets on a charge but she has no complaints so far. Plus they look sexy as fuck. She drove by while I was walking kiddo home from school and he doesnt care about cars at all but he was like, that's a really nice car! So they definitely turn heads.
One of the major problems is even if the car doesn't malfunction (many do) a simple traffic accident will take the car out of service for weeks and even months since there is a massive backlog of crash parts on order and few authorized body shops to install them.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

JCW

Post by JCW »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 am
JCW wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:47 am One of my clients has one. She LOVES LOVES it. No dash stuff just a computer screen. I'm not sure what kind of distance it gets on a charge but she has no complaints so far. Plus they look sexy as fuck. She drove by while I was walking kiddo home from school and he doesnt care about cars at all but he was like, that's a really nice car! So they definitely turn heads.
One of the major problems is even if the car doesn't malfunction (many do) a simple traffic accident will take the car out of service for weeks and even months since there is a massive backlog of crash parts on order and few authorized body shops to install them.
Yeah she just got it like a month ago so it's still all fancy and new. Curious to see how it holds up in the long run and if the novelty wears off.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

JCW wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:56 am
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:50 am
Yeah she just got it like a month ago so it's still all fancy and new. Curious to see how it holds up in the long run and if the novelty wears off.
Most people who own them fall in love and even if something terrible happens many of them will deal with it and sometimes just order a different one.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

They have great tech, when they go tits up and it gets bought by a real car company it'll be the future of motoring. Musk is just incompetent as the CEO of a car manufacturing company, and doesn't seem to have the sense to hire one. Or at least poach a few of the old boys from ford or somewhere and get them to help set up the practical side. Drive and vision is great for the big picture stuff, but for actually making a car what you want is some grizzled old fart who's been doing it for decades. Things like assembly, sales and logistics didn't need a revolutionary approach like the drive technology did, they needed the tried and tested and improved over decades approach that all the other car makers have.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Under rated band that got caught up in hair metal purge.

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
peterosehaircut

Post by peterosehaircut »