Ex-MLB star Lenny Dykstra spent 9 hours dumpster diving outside a Jersey Mike’s. Here’s why.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Ex-MLB star Lenny Dykstra spent 9 hours dumpster diving outside a Jersey Mike’s. Here’s why.

Post by CaptQuint »

In the long list of bizarre Lenny Dykstra stories, spending 9 hours dumpster diving outside a Jersey Mike’s Subs shop may not even rank in the top 10.

But that’s what happened over the weekend. And, of course, the former Phillies and Mets star chronicled his latest misadventure on Twitter after a trip for a sub in Linden turned into a denture debacle.

“The bread is so hard on those subs,” Dykstra told NJ Advance Media on Tuesday. “I took my teeth out and put them in a napkin, folded it up and forget them there.”

Dykstra left the restaurant which is about two miles from his home and later realized he’d forgotten his teeth in the napkin.

“When I went back, the workers said they threw all the napkins in the garbage,” Dykstra said. “I told them there was no f---- way I was leaving without my f---- teeth.”

The dentures are specially made with bone marrow and valued at $80,000, he said.

For the next nine hours, Dykstra said he and a friend – a tag-team wrestler who goes by Sprinkles the Clown – dug through the dumpster behind Jersey Mike’s.

Shortly after 11 p.m., the friend took to Twitter to ask for help. “You want to come help me and Lenny Dykstra look for his dentures tonight? Or does anyone? This is a serious question...”

Dykstra said he found his teeth early Sunday, Father’s Day.

“I was there for nine hours. I thought the cops were going to arrest me for trespassing,” Dykstra said. “I wasn’t leaving my teeth there in the dumpster. No way was I leaving them.”

In his autobiography, “House of Nails: A Memoir of Life on the Edge,” Dykstra wrote that he lost his real teeth after jail guards in Los Angeles beat him in his cell and again in a hospital. The damage was so severe that his remaining teeth had to be removed, Dykstra has said.

Kearny-based Perfect Pawn owner Dan Risis, who is Dykstra’s close New Jersey friend, said he arranged for a dentist and a baseball fan in Minnesota to make Dykstra’s dentures – free of charge – about a year ago.

“When he loses these teeth (for good) I’ll arrange for him to get more dentures,” Risis said. “I love the guy, but he’s Lenny Dykstra. He’s from another planet.”

https://www.nj.com/union/2019/06/ex-mlb ... utType=amp
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Ex-MLB star Lenny Dykstra spent 9 hours dumpster diving outside a Jersey Mike’s. Here’s why.

Post by CaptQuint »

Smok44 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:35 am What are the chances he ran into Mrs. FSF in there?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Re: Ex-MLB star Lenny Dykstra spent 9 hours dumpster diving outside a Jersey Mike’s. Here’s why.

Post by QillerDaemon »

Dykstra wrote that he lost his real teeth after jail guards in Los Angeles beat him in his cell and again in a hospital. The damage was so severe that his remaining teeth had to be removed, Dykstra has said
Wait..., what?! :shocked:
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

QillerDaemon wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am
Dykstra wrote that he lost his real teeth after jail guards in Los Angeles beat him in his cell and again in a hospital. The damage was so severe that his remaining teeth had to be removed, Dykstra has said
I didnt realize this happened to rich white men.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

JCW wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:14 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:57 am
I didnt realize this happened to rich white men.
Apparently there was some sort of glitch in the racist patriarchal matrix.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

1) Last night I wiki'd Lenny Dykstra, learned more than I needed.

2) those flashing emoticons are going to give someone a seizure.
s.murph
Some Old Dead Fuck

Post by s.murph »

Jersey Mikes rolls are great. The main reason I like their subs. Dykstra musta ate them out of the dumpster.