Hated movies that you actually like/ love

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Re: Hated movies that you actually like/ love

Post by necronomous »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:45 pm
necronomous wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm
spudoc wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:15 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:34 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:13 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:57 pm Paul Anderson is the guy who you are praising for his excellent acting in season 1 of Peaky Blinders.
I'm talking Tom Hardy, fucking retard. I have no idea who Paul Anderson is? Haven't watched in years. I do know one thing that's obvious. This idiot and a couple of others are taking this site way too serious. May want to get actual lives.Good Lord.
Please take note of your two lines that I highlighted.

Now consider this: Tom Hardy wasn't even in season 1 of Peaky Blinders. His character doesn't show up until 3 episodes into season 2.
I find it somewhat amazing how Tom Hardy was able to "blow you away" with his acting in season 1 of Peaky Blinders when Tom Hardy wasn't even in season 1 of Peaky Blinders.
You are confusing Paul Anderson (who plays the older brother) with Tom Hardy.
Did you ever consider the possibility that it is Tom Hardy playing Paul Anderson playing the older brother? That makes his performance even more impressive.
So he was a dude, playing a dude, playing another dude?
Maybe it was Robert Downey Jr playing Tom Hardy playing Paul Anderson playing the older brother? :P
Holy shit, yes!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:03 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:43 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:33 pm Actually, "The Revenant" did confirm one thing for me that I noticed years earlier in a little Brit series that TBD in old UJ mentioned. Series called "Peaky Blinders". Kinda of a "Sopranos" post WW1 in the UK. One of the brothers was the lead. After a few episodes, I was blown away by the acting of his elderly brother- Tom Hardy. He was great as the bad guy in Revenant.
If Tom Hardy was the guy that Killed Leonardo DiCaprio's son and then left Leo for dead, then he's the guy that I don't think I ever understood one word out of his mouth.

I think what struck me so odd about that movie was when Leo finally sort of wakes up in the grave they left him in. Crawls around a while. Eats some bone marrow and stuff. He finally starts limping around a little on a crutch. Then gets washed down a river to who knows where and meets an indian. This indian puts him on the back of a horse and takes off with him for several days. The indian finally leaves him in a little teepee fort he built. He somehow finds a camp of drunk who knows what, catches one of them raping an indian girl, steals a gun and horse and later gets chased by some indians and he goes over a cliff. Then after all of that, a guy stumbles into the camp of his original trapper group with his canteen. They see it, have a eureka moment, grab some torches and ride out into the woods and immediately find him. Now, you can maybe cover 50 miles in a day on horseback. So at night, he must have been less than 20 miles from the base camp of his trapper group. That is just mind blowing.
Believe it or not, it's actually based on a true story. The real Hugh Glass actually crawled through the forest for weeks after getting mauled by a bear.
Well, that might very well be true, and honestly I believe that. But the way it was portrayed just didn't add up to that kind of an outcome. The guy could not walk, basically. So everything he did was in a downhill direction. Just the trip down the river and over the various water falls would have carried him for miles. Then the trip on the back of the horse with the indian, what direction did that indian take him? He said he was heading south to look for more Pawnee. It never seemd for one moment that he was trying to find his way to anything in particular. The movie never made any suggestion that he was tracking west or east or north or anything. It really just made it seem as if he was looking for food anywhere he could find it. The idea that after all that time he would end up 10 or 20 miles from where he started just seems beyond bizarre. Plus, how would the guys that went looking for him have instantly known in which direction to go? Granted they knew which direction the guy had come with the canteen, but since Leo dropped that canteen he had been chased by indians, fallen off a cliff, etc.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:40 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:33 pm Actually, "The Revenant" did confirm one thing for me that I noticed years earlier in a little Brit series that TBD in old UJ mentioned. Series called "Peaky Blinders". Kinda of a "Sopranos" post WW1 in the UK. One of the brothers was the lead. After a few episodes, I was blown away by the acting of his elderly brother- Tom Hardy. He was great as the bad guy in Revenant.
If Tom Hardy was the guy that Killed Leonardo DiCaprio's son and then left Leo for dead, then he's the guy that I don't think I ever understood one word out of his mouth.

I think what struck me so odd about that movie was when Leo finally sort of wakes up in the grave they left him in. Crawls around a while. Eats some bone marrow and stuff. He finally starts limping around a little on a crutch. Then gets washed down a river to who knows where and meets an indian. This indian puts him on the back of a horse and takes off with him for several days. The indian finally leaves him in a little teepee fort he built. He somehow finds a camp of drunk who knows what, catches one of them raping an indian girl, steals a gun and horse and later gets chased by some indians and he goes over a cliff. Then after all of that, a guy stumbles into the camp of his original trapper group with his canteen. They see it, have a eureka moment, grab some torches and ride out into the woods and immediately find him. Now, you can maybe cover 50 miles in a day on horseback. So at night, he must have been less than 20 miles from the base camp of his trapper group. That is just mind blowing.
Believe it or not, it's actually based on a true story. The real Hugh Glass actually crawled through the forest for weeks after getting mauled by a bear.
Well, that might very well be true, and honestly I believe that. But the way it was portrayed just didn't add up to that kind of an outcome. The guy could not walk, basically. So everything he did was in a downhill direction. Just the trip down the river and over the various water falls would have carried him for miles. Then the trip on the back of the horse with the indian, what direction did that indian take him? He said he was heading south to look for more Pawnee. It never seemd for one moment that he was trying to find his way to anything in particular. The movie never made any suggestion that he was tracking west or east or north or anything. It really just made it seem as if he was looking for food anywhere he could find it. The idea that after all that time he would end up 10 or 20 miles from where he started just seems beyond bizarre. Plus, how would the guys that went looking for him have instantly known in which direction to go? Granted they knew which direction the guy had come with the canteen, but since Leo dropped that canteen he had been chased by indians, fallen off a cliff, etc.
You're preaching to the choir, dude. I'd be the first to agree that the continuity in that film is somewhat lacking. But it's a big story and they have to fit it into a couple of hours.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:02 pm

You're preaching to the choir, dude. I'd be the first to agree that the continuity in that film is somewhat lacking. But it's a big story and they have to fit it into a couple of hours.
Yeah, well its really not all that big of a story. A guy is attacked by a bear. All the rest of it is just basically him trying to survive. They could have tossed in a few leads during his 2 hour "crawl" that suggested he was trying to get back to a specific point on the map so he could be saved by his trapper group. Like when the indian (that he shared the wolf killed buffalo with) said where he was headed and then said "you will ride with me". He could have said, "Great, but I need to get back to blah blah blah. Can you swing me by that direction?"
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:42 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:02 pm

Yeah, well its really not all that big of a story. A guy is attacked by a bear. All the rest of it is just basically him trying to survive. They could have tossed in a few leads during his 2 hour "crawl" that suggested he was trying to get back to a specific point on the map so he could be saved by his trapper group. Like when the indian (that he shared the wolf killed buffalo with) said where he was headed and then said "you will ride with me". He could have said, "Great, but I need to get back to blah blah blah. Can you swing me by that direction?"
Okay, but an experienced trapper of that era would most certainly be able to tell north, south, east and west. No one would have to tell Glass what direction he was traveling in.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

"Man in the Wilderness" 1971 with Richard Harris was a much better movie with the same sort of plot. 1800's fur trapper attacked by bear and left to die by the group he is with led by John Huston. He gets better and tracks the fuckers down.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:37 pm "Man in the Wilderness" 1971 with Richard Harris was a much better movie with the same sort of plot. 1800's fur trapper attacked by bear and left to die by the group he is with led by John Huston. He gets better and tracks the fuckers down.
yeah, same thing this guy did, except instead of tracking the fuckers down, he rode a wild river down some waterfalls, had an indian strap him on the back of a horse for a few days and then ran from indians over a cliff and his team magically found him a few hours after seeing his canteen and riding out into the night. You know you are a good tracker when you can track something in reverse
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Did you just forget to type something?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

This is true. Crawled, stumbled for something like 1,000 miles to get help. What's not mentioned is the real Hugh Glass was a member of John Lafitte's pirate crew sailing several times in the Gulf of Mexico Early 1800's> Then went W to trap beaver.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:40 pm

This is true. Crawled, stumbled for something like 1,000 miles to get help. What's not mentioned is the real Hugh Glass was a member of John Lafitte's pirate crew sailing several times in the Gulf of Mexico Early 1800's> Then went W to trap beaver.
1,000 miles! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dude, you are just too much!
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm

1,000 miles! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey, the movie producers embellish by calling it "based on a true story" and are taken seriously. I make a similar claim and have the opposite? (Actually I wiki'd and the claim is more like 250 miles).
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

This story just gets more and more bizarre.

https://time.com/4171001/revenant-1939-true-story/
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:47 pm This story just gets more and more bizarre.

Seems it was 1000 miles 1500 even
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

necronomous wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:56 pm
Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:47 pm This story just gets more and more bizarre.

1500 miles is nothing to a guy like Glass.. you should see what his electricity bill was!
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 pm

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:43 pm If Tom Hardy was the guy that Killed Leonardo DiCaprio's son and then left Leo for dead, then he's the guy that I don't think I ever understood one word out of his mouth.

1500 miles is nothing to a guy like Glass.. you should see what his electricity bill was!
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

It's because RD usually talks out his ass before he even does any research to back his claim. He's always been like that.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:43 pm If Tom Hardy was the guy that Killed Leonardo DiCaprio's son and then left Leo for dead, then he's the guy that I don't think I ever understood one word out of his mouth.
Supposedly he got the inspiration for his accent and voice from Tom Berenger's Platoon character.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:41 pm

It's because RD usually talks out his ass before he even does any research to back his claim. He's always been like that.
Yeah, like when I said CQ never put up a post about the Battleship Texas 2 months ago. Or when I said Tom Hardy was in season 1 of Peaky Blinders!
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:03 pm Believe it or not, it's actually based on a true story. The real Hugh Glass actually crawled through the forest for weeks after getting mauled by a bear.
Yeah, like when I said CQ never put up a post about the Battleship Texas 2 months ago. Or when I said Tom Hardy was in season 1 of Peaky Blinders!
You sound kinda defensive, dude. I would be.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:11 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:40 pm This is true. Crawled, stumbled for something like 1,000 miles to get help. What's not mentioned is the real Hugh Glass was a member of John Lafitte's pirate crew sailing several times in the Gulf of Mexico Early 1800's> Then went W to trap beaver.
We get a little cranky up here above the 65th parallel.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:24 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm 1,000 miles! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm exactly halfway between the Equator and the North Pole, but I never knew anyone on here was north of the Arctic Circle. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

megman wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:33 pm
necronomous wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:56 pm Seems it was 1000 miles 1500 even
I'm exactly halfway between the Equator and the North Pole, but I never knew anyone on here was north of the Arctic Circle. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Neither did I until WTC set us all straight and told us that Canada was above the 65th parallel. I gotta tell you, it came as a bit of a shock!
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm 1,000 miles! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WEW. Glad you have phone service through your Iridium phones because the loss to intellectual humanity is beyond measure.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:01 pm

:lol: