Hated movies that you actually like/ love

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Re: Hated movies that you actually like/ love

Post by Stapes »

I think the bear should have received the Oscar. His attack was very realistic.
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm Image
At least should have gotten a supporting actor nomination!

Had almost as much dialog as the lead actor winner! ;)
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:44 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm Image
At least should have gotten a supporting actor nomination!

Had almost as much dialog as the lead actor winner! ;)
This bear didn't have anything to say, and I think she was hungry
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Actually, "The Revenant" did confirm one thing for me that I noticed years earlier in a little Brit series that TBD in old UJ mentioned. Series called "Peaky Blinders". Kinda of a "Sopranos" post WW1 in the UK. One of the brothers was the lead. After a few episodes, I was blown away by the acting of his elderly brother- Tom Hardy. He was great as the bad guy in Revenant.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Anyway, I thought "Revenant" was a good (not great) movie. Certainly didn't deserve 12 oscars noms. But I'm biased. I'm a sucker for historical drama films/ series. etc.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:33 pm Actually, "The Revenant" did confirm one thing for me that I noticed years earlier in a little Brit series that TBD in old UJ mentioned. Series called "Peaky Blinders". Kinda of a "Sopranos" post WW1 in the UK. One of the brothers was the lead. After a few episodes, I was blown away by the acting of his elderly brother- Tom Hardy. He was great as the bad guy in Revenant.
The elderly brother was played by Paul Anderson. Tom Hardy played the Jewish gang leader Alfie Solomons.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:45 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:33 pm Actually, "The Revenant" did confirm one thing for me that I noticed years earlier in a little Brit series that TBD in old UJ mentioned. Series called "Peaky Blinders". Kinda of a "Sopranos" post WW1 in the UK. One of the brothers was the lead. After a few episodes, I was blown away by the acting of his elderly brother- Tom Hardy. He was great as the bad guy in Revenant.
The elderly brother was played by Paul Anderson. Tom Hardy played the Jewish gang leader Alfie Solomons.
Don't you dare prove him wrong!
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Damn, looking at IMDB, looks like you are right. I got the impression he was the elderly brother but it was just another soldier that shared the WW1 trenches with the main brother. Thanks for correction. Anyway, watching his acting performance through season 1 just blew me away.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:54 pm
Damn, looking at IMDB, looks like you are right. I got the impression he was the elderly brother but it was just another soldier that shared the WW1 trenches with the main brother. Thanks for correction. Anyway, watching his acting performance through season 1 just blew me away.
Well, Paul Anderson was actually also in "The Revenant". So perhaps you just think that Paul Anderson and Tom Hardy look a lot alike.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:06 pm
Well, Paul Anderson was actually also in "The Revenant". So perhaps you just think that Paul Anderson and Tom Hardy look a lot alike.
Have no clue who Paul Anderson is. And don't care. Hope this helps your sleepless nights.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:45 pm
Have no clue who Paul Anderson is. And don't care. Hope this helps your sleepless nights.
Paul Anderson is the guy who you are praising for his excellent acting in season 1 of Peaky Blinders.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:57 pm
Paul Anderson is the guy who you are praising for his excellent acting in season 1 of Peaky Blinders.
I'm talking Tom Hardy, fucking retard. I have no idea who Paul Anderson is? Haven't watched in years. I do know one thing that's obvious. This idiot and a couple of others are taking this site way too serious. May want to get actual lives.Good Lord.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

I came here for a proper fucking shootout!
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

[[/url]
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

[

[/url]
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:13 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:45 pm The elderly brother was played by Paul Anderson. Tom Hardy played the Jewish gang leader Alfie Solomons.
I'm talking Tom Hardy, fucking retard. I have no idea who Paul Anderson is? Haven't watched in years. I do know one thing that's obvious. This idiot and a couple of others are taking this site way too serious. May want to get actual lives.Good Lord.
Please take note of your two lines that I highlighted.

Now consider this: Tom Hardy wasn't even in season 1 of Peaky Blinders. His character doesn't show up until 3 episodes into season 2.
I find it somewhat amazing how Tom Hardy was able to "blow you away" with his acting in season 1 of Peaky Blinders when Tom Hardy wasn't even in season 1 of Peaky Blinders.
You are confusing Paul Anderson (who plays the older brother) with Tom Hardy.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Geist wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:23 am I came here for a proper fucking shootout!
YASS !!!!!!!!!!
spudoc
Most Likely To Have a Neckbeard

Post by spudoc »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:34 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:54 pm Damn, looking at IMDB, looks like you are right. I got the impression he was the elderly brother but it was just another soldier that shared the WW1 trenches with the main brother. Thanks for correction. Anyway, watching his acting performance through season 1 just blew me away.

Now consider this: Tom Hardy wasn't even in season 1 of Peaky Blinders. His character doesn't show up until 3 episodes into season 2.
I find it somewhat amazing how Tom Hardy was able to "blow you away" with his acting in season 1 of Peaky Blinders when Tom Hardy wasn't even in season 1 of Peaky Blinders.
Did you ever consider the possibility that it is Tom Hardy playing Paul Anderson playing the older brother? That makes his performance even more impressive.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

spudoc wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:15 am
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:06 pm Well, Paul Anderson was actually also in "The Revenant". So perhaps you just think that Paul Anderson and Tom Hardy look a lot alike.

Did you ever consider the possibility that it is Tom Hardy playing Paul Anderson playing the older brother? That makes his performance even more impressive.
So he was a dude, playing a dude, playing another dude?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

necronomous wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:58 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:45 pm Have no clue who Paul Anderson is. And don't care. Hope this helps your sleepless nights.

Maybe it was Robert Downey Jr playing Tom Hardy playing Paul Anderson playing the older brother? :P
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:45 pm Have no clue who Paul Anderson is. And don't care. Hope this helps your sleepless nights.

Tropic Thunder?
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

If Tom Hardy was the guy that Killed Leonardo DiCaprio's son and then left Leo for dead, then he's the guy that I don't think I ever understood one word out of his mouth.

I think what struck me so odd about that movie was when Leo finally sort of wakes up in the grave they left him in. Crawls around a while. Eats some bone marrow and stuff. He finally starts limping around a little on a crutch. Then gets washed down a river to who knows where and meets an indian. This indian puts him on the back of a horse and takes off with him for several days. The indian finally leaves him in a little teepee fort he built. He somehow finds a camp of drunk who knows what, catches one of them raping an indian girl, steals a gun and horse and later gets chased by some indians and he goes over a cliff. Then after all of that, a guy stumbles into the camp of his original trapper group with his canteen. They see it, have a eureka moment, grab some torches and ride out into the woods and immediately find him. Now, you can maybe cover 50 miles in a day on horseback. So at night, he must have been less than 20 miles from the base camp of his trapper group. That is just mind blowing.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:43 pm
If Tom Hardy was the guy that Killed Leonardo DiCaprio's son and then left Leo for dead, then he's the guy that I don't think I ever understood one word out of his mouth.

I think what struck me so odd about that movie was when Leo finally sort of wakes up in the grave they left him in. Crawls around a while. Eats some bone marrow and stuff. He finally starts limping around a little on a crutch. Then gets washed down a river to who knows where and meets an indian. This indian puts him on the back of a horse and takes off with him for several days. The indian finally leaves him in a little teepee fort he built. He somehow finds a camp of drunk who knows what, catches one of them raping an indian girl, steals a gun and horse and later gets chased by some indians and he goes over a cliff. Then after all of that, a guy stumbles into the camp of his original trapper group with his canteen. They see it, have a eureka moment, grab some torches and ride out into the woods and immediately find him. Now, you can maybe cover 50 miles in a day on horseback. So at night, he must have been less than 20 miles from the base camp of his trapper group. That is just mind blowing.
Believe it or not, it's actually based on a true story. The real Hugh Glass actually crawled through the forest for weeks after getting mauled by a bear.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Wut wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:40 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:57 pm Paul Anderson is the guy who you are praising for his excellent acting in season 1 of Peaky Blinders.

Tropic Thunder?
Yep