We will never own another American Car...

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Gunzen
Still working on that career as a Famous Author!

We will never own another American Car...

Post by Gunzen »

I don’t care where people say they are built or how etc. This 2008 Honda Accord that I paid 16k for with 22k 12years ago has 174k miles and does not leak a drop of anything. I have never had to replace a single part on this thing, and just did all the fluids and it is as clean inside as out. The plugs I just pulled are perfect.

Sure, their not “manly” and they don’t have the power of the American muscle cars but this is my second Accord, fourth Honda and I just added a Camry and sold my Chevy for a Lexus.

I haven’t had to change a car part since the starter in my Silverado (after 55k miles). They thing was already showing signs of wear and had to change a window motor and axle boot etc.

I am not bragging. My cars are not expensive (I buy them slightly used) but how can anyone with half a brain in their head buy any American vehicles besides maybe a FORD F-150?

Look at the paint!! Not even peeled clear coat.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: We will never own another American Car...

Post by CaptQuint »

He pulls that Toyota outside, shuts the garage door and beats his family with a set of jumper cables he doesn't need because his Nipponese vehicles are reliable.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

How the hell is Chrysler still in business? Who thinks buying a new Chrysler vehicle makes good sense?

I'll never buy another new car and except for the slight chance of buying another Jeep Wrangler, I can't imagine I'll ever buy an American brand again.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:39 am He pulls that Toyota outside, shuts the garage door and beats his family with a set of jumper cables he doesn't need because his Nipponese vehicles are reliable.
:lol: are you guys neighbors?
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Isn't jeep owned by Chrysler now?
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:30 pm Isn't jeep owned by Chrysler now?
Yeah but Jeep's don't depreciate like a Chrysler. If you get the straight line 6 Jeep engine, you will be okay for most things. I owned a 98 Wrangler and it was for the most part a terrific vehicle. Bought it for $9,600 - drove it for 7 years and sold it for $6k. I was told the 97 and earlier Wranglers were complete shit.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

I bought the wifey a new Honda CR-V back in '15 and it's probably the best car I've ever owned. A fantastic car.

And from a design standpoint, the engine in that car is an engineering masterpiece. It's a beautiful thing to look at. Everything is designed for maximum efficiency. Everything is visible. Everything is accessible. Everything is exactly where it should be. It's one of the best designed engines I've ever seen.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

JCW wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:30 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:39 am He pulls that Toyota outside, shuts the garage door and beats his family with a set of jumper cables he doesn't need because his Nipponese vehicles are reliable.
:lol: are you guys neighbors?
Maybe he just stalks him from a distance.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

In a few years nobody will own a car. The self driving capability will be too critical to allow your average joe to own one. Companies will own fleets of hundreds, or thousands of cars.
Maybe you won’t even lease one, it will be available when you want it, like Uber. Maybe you get a price break if you let in park in your driveway. Sometimes, the interiors will be a little beat up because of vandalism.

Made all this up, but it’s fun to think about.

Some companies of smaller fleets will be absorbed by the larger companies. Like blockbuster did.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Self driving electric buses would be interesting.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:04 pm In a few years nobody will own a car. The self driving capability will be too critical to allow your average joe to own one. Companies will own fleets of hundreds, or thousands of cars.
Maybe you won’t even lease one, it will be available when you want it, like Uber. Maybe you get a price break if you let in park in your driveway. Sometimes, the interiors will be a little beat up because of vandalism.

Some companies of smaller fleets will be absorbed by the larger companies. Like blockbuster did.

Can you imagine the state some of these vehicles would be in from the average disgusting public using them? food, drinks, wrappers, cigarettes, needles, booze, fucking in the car. Half these nitwits don't even respect a vehicle they own. Just like these bicycle and scooter sharing programs they have out there. People just trash and abuse them.
I blame Biker.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Stapes wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:30 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:04 pm In a few years nobody will own a car. The self driving capability will be too critical to allow your average joe to own one. Companies will own fleets of hundreds, or thousands of cars.

Can you imagine the state some of these vehicles would be in from the average disgusting public using them? food, drinks, wrappers, cigarettes, needles, booze, fucking in the car. Half these nitwits don't even respect a vehicle they own. Just like these bicycle and scooter sharing programs they have out there. People just trash and abuse them.
It will be the pinnacle for vehicular graffiti, though.
0CA41060-5AFE-4C4C-A64D-A421BBC6F130.jpeg
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

When my wife wanted to buy her son a car for his 16th, I BEGGED her to buy a Honda or Toyota. She and her ex chipped in to buy him something cooler, 2010 Jeep Compass for $8K. If that doesn't make panties drop! And it only took 2 months before the first $600 repair bill. Guaranteed the thing will cost a grand in repairs every year. A Honda/Toyota would typically go another 100K miles without a problem.

But what do I know?
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Bought my last child a brand new KIA Forte. He loves it, no problems, will get him on his way out into the world.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

beagleboy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:21 pm Self driving electric buses would be interesting.
Maybe it's because I'm an old fart, but the thought of self-driving 18-wheelers kinda scares me. And I've read it's going to happen relatively soon! :iroc:
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:13 pm When my wife wanted to buy her son a car for his 16th, I BEGGED her to buy a Honda or Toyota. She and her ex chipped in to buy him something cooler, 2010 Jeep Compass for $8K. If that doesn't make panties drop! And it only took 2 months before the first $600 repair bill. Guaranteed the thing will cost a grand in repairs every year. A Honda/Toyota would typically go another 100K miles without a problem.

But what do I know?
My brother bought a 2014 Compass last fall with 70k on it and the piece of shit is already falling apart. Fuck Jeeps.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Biker wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:15 pm I cant bring myself to buy anything other than American.
Meh, you can buy an American car made in Mexico or Canada, or buy a foreign brand car made in America. Do you want to help the shareholders or the workers?
u.r.UtterShite
Doucher McDouchey

Post by u.r.UtterShite »

I always thought you had a Buick run with a coarse paint job. Maybe gold.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Nah, nothing like the shit I used to deal with. Who the fuck eats peanut butter in their car?

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Gunzen wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:17 am I don’t care where people say they are built or how etc. This 2008 Honda Accord that I paid 16k for with 22k 12years ago has 174k miles and does not leak a drop of anything. I have never had to replace a single part on this thing, and just did all the fluids and it is as clean inside as out. The plugs I just pulled are perfect.

Sure, their not “manly” and they don’t have the power of the American muscle cars but this is my second Accord, fourth Honda and I just added a Camry and sold my Chevy for a Lexus.

I haven’t had to change a car part since the starter in my Silverado (after 55k miles). They thing was already showing signs of wear and had to change a window motor and axle boot etc.

I am not bragging. My cars are not expensive (I buy them slightly used) but how can anyone with half a brain in their head buy any American vehicles besides maybe a FORD F-150?

So you havent replaced the timing belt @ 100k as recommended? Come back and bitch next week when it leaves you stranded with bent valves.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

DandyDon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:10 am

Nah, nothing like the shit I used to deal with. Who the fuck eats peanut butter in their car?

Exactly
I blame Biker.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

DandyDon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:17 am
Gunzen wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:17 am I don’t care where people say they are built or how etc. This 2008 Honda Accord that I paid 16k for with 22k 12years ago has 174k miles and does not leak a drop of anything. I have never had to replace a single part on this thing, and just did all the fluids and it is as clean inside as out. The plugs I just pulled are perfect.

So you havent replaced the timing belt @ 100k as recommended? Come back and bitch next week when it leaves you stranded with bent valves.
A seized up water pump will work the same magic.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Basically every girl I dated between 18 and 25 right there. I used to make Sundays "Clean out your fucking car day". I'd help them but fuckin A are some girls slobs and how do they accumulate so much shit?
DandyDon wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:10 am Image
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

The shit my wife leaves all over the passenger side floor is sometimes epic. She has a nice car, a Lexis RX300 in great shape, but I have crawl over a big pile of crap every time I ride in her car. Yet the rest of her car is clean... :?
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Mtb_man
Dont Insult His Tool

Post by Mtb_man »

Should I be happy or worried I have 140000 on a Kia and have never not once changed the brake pads or rotors