Complaints about service, etc.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Re: Complaints about service, etc.

Post by VinceBordenIII »

My real point was about sending emails via websites to establishments regarding menu, etc. I was recently disappointed that a favorite restaurant had discontinued one of my go tos. I was charming, the regional manager was also pleasant, and I got a gift card out of it. Another recent incident - a foreign object in the food - I didn’t complain about, but we didn’t have to pay for our meals, everything was good, the waitress was tipped generously. If you’ve never complained, you don’t eat out much.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:14 am
Wut wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:10 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 pm
PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:07 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 am Maybe. Maybe not. Unless the food really really sucks, for every time someone says the food sucks, there are a load more people who happily either tolerate the food in ignorance or really like it. My opinion means little enough if anything. So what's the point in complaining? I walk away, the restaurateur got his one sale from me, and we're both happy. Unless they're trying to actively poison me, my belly's filled and I never have to think about that joint again. In six months, either it's closed down or somehow still running. But I can find other places to go. That's one thing the Orlando area has going for it.
Translation: “I am a poosey. Here’s some money for that swill you just gave me.”
I’ll bet you even tip the full amount!
Don't tip the server because a cook made your food wrong. If she wants to make more than $2 / hour, she should get a better jeerbbb! Amirite???
Negative. The server tips the cook, the dishwasher, etc. Her tips to the cook should reflect her service from that cook. She's not losing anything.
If you tip her less she gets less.
She cuts the cook, tells him why. She gets no less. This is the philosophy of waiting for tips.
That's not the real world. In most restaurants, servers tip a straight percentage of sales to support staff. You undertip the server, you only hurt the server.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

B-Tender wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:22 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:14 am
Wut wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:10 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 pm
PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:07 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm Translation: “I am a poosey. Here’s some money for that swill you just gave me.”
I’ll bet you even tip the full amount!
Don't tip the server because a cook made your food wrong. If she wants to make more than $2 / hour, she should get a better jeerbbb! Amirite???
Negative. The server tips the cook, the dishwasher, etc. Her tips to the cook should reflect her service from that cook. She's not losing anything.
If you tip her less she gets less.
She cuts the cook, tells him why. She gets no less. This is the philosophy of waiting for tips.
That's not the real world. In most restaurants, servers tip a straight percentage of sales to support staff. You undertip the server, you only hurt the server.
At the restaurants at a hotel I worked at there was a formula that includes the maître d, the cook, and the support staff.
wut?
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

group of 6 co-workers ordered at Cheddars. My order burger med-rare,they said it only comes medium. I said if it comes 'medium' I'm not paying for. Manager arrives and claims they only cook medium burgers and steaks. Few other guys wanted 'rare' streaks which was refused by Cheddars. So,we all left,the waitress was pissed losing a $150+ table. We hit Cheddars with complaint reviews at Yelp and google.So far no giftcards--fuk them-reviews mean alot to restaurants ,happy to fuk them trying to be my nanny.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

fouts wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 pm group of 6 co-workers ordered at Cheddars. My order burger med-rare,they said it only comes medium. I said if it comes 'medium' I'm not paying for. Manager arrives and claims they only cook medium burgers and steaks. Few other guys wanted 'rare' streaks which was refused by Cheddars. So,we all left,the waitress was pissed losing a $150+ table. We hit Cheddars with complaint reviews at Yelp and google.So far no giftcards--fuk them-reviews mean alot to restaurants ,happy to fuk them trying to be my nanny.
Best 43rd post in UJ/ UJR history. Congrats.
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

danke..
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty
Has a really kind, but cunty, heart

Post by Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty »

fouts wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:47 pm group of 6 co-workers ordered at Cheddars. My order burger med-rare,they said it only comes medium. I said if it comes 'medium' I'm not paying for. Manager arrives and claims they only cook medium burgers and steaks. Few other guys wanted 'rare' streaks which was refused by Cheddars. So,we all left,the waitress was pissed losing a $150+ table. We hit Cheddars with complaint reviews at Yelp and google.So far no giftcards--fuk them-reviews mean alot to restaurants ,happy to fuk them trying to be my nanny.
By law up here in the North, we have to cook our burgers to 160F. Thats medium. And yes we have people that want rare. But we cant. No matter how many retarded things you put on Yelp etc.
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:17 am
By law up here in the North, we have to cook our burgers to 160F. Thats medium. And yes we have people that want rare. But we cant. No matter how many retarded things you put on Yelp etc.
We went up the street to Outback -rare no problem. 'Retarded things" like getting what I asked for and pay for exactly how I want it? Exactly when did restaurants start dictating to me how I will be feed with my money? No matter, there's always another place to do as I ask and get rewarded for good service, Besides,bad reviews to restaurants that dictate to me are free to write and I do it with a song in my heart.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Many restaurants won't do rare burgers, it's a health and liability issue.
wut?
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

fouts wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:34 am
Exactly when did restaurants start dictating to me how I will be feed with my money?
When the first restaurant made the first menu. They said,"Here's what we offer". Take it or leave it.
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

Wut wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:44 am Many restaurants won't do rare burgers, it's a health and liability issue.
Many restaurants won't get my and others business. I ate enough to know what I'm ordering.My health is my concern,restaurants are there to please the buyer within reason. Liability line is apparently not existing once you cross into a restaurant with 3 or more "$$$'. Season52 or Waterway restaurants locally never question how I prefer a steak cooked. Yet sushi,a great source of parasites,is so popular. I asked if I could get sushi broiled-not possible.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

I think a lot of sushi is frozen to kill parasites.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:06 am
fouts wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:34 am
Exactly when did restaurants start dictating to me how I will be feed with my money?
When the first restaurant made the first menu. They said,"Here's what we offer". Take it or leave it.
Probably a huge vat of rabbit stew, if GOT is any authority.
JackRabbit_Slim
Have Sister, Will Bang

Post by JackRabbit_Slim »

eating out is for lazy fatso's with more money than brains. I cook breakfast every morning but aside from that I'll do 2 days per week where I'll cook up enough so that the rest of my meals are simply reheats. I tend to eat the same things which is fine with me. It's healthy. It's relatively inexpensive as I tend to buy in bulk at Costo and fill in at trader Joe's or Aldi.

But I guess I prioritize health over the amusement of paying exorbitant prices for marginal food served by idiots. YMMV.

All that said, when I do very occasionally dine out, it's almost always with intense disappointment. I think it's why I started cooking in the first place. If you truly want a good meal, I think with very few exceptions you usually have to make it yourself. For those of you who think that the Olive Garden or Cheddars is by any indication quality dining, you're wrong.

As for those of you who get off on receiving gift cards by whining about your shit-tasting hamburger, I pity you and your families.
"you have a fine boy there..." CaptGotti
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 pm All that said, when I do very occasionally dine out, it's almost always with intense disappointment. I think it's why I started cooking in the first place. If you truly want a good meal, I think with very few exceptions you usually have to make it yourself. For those of you who think that the Olive Garden or Cheddars is by any indication quality dining, you're wrong.
There's a high-end restaurant here in town the wifey and I go to twice a year. Fantastic service and food. Have never had a bad experience there.
We'll also go to The Keg a couple of times a year. But other than that, we cook.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

I like eating at the Y
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 pm eating out is for lazy fatso's with more money than brains.

But I guess I prioritize health over the amusement of paying exorbitant prices for marginal food served by idiots. YMMV.

For those of you who think that the Olive Garden or Cheddars is by any indication quality dining, you're wrong.

As for those of you who get off on receiving gift cards by whining about your shit-tasting hamburger, I pity you and your families.
Are you that Satyrday guy?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Blast wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:56 pm I like eating at the Y
The 13 year olds?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

JackRabbit_Slim wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:05 pm eating out is for lazy fatso's with more money than brains. I cook breakfast every morning but aside from that I'll do 2 days per week where I'll cook up enough so that the rest of my meals are simply reheats. I tend to eat the same things which is fine with me. It's healthy. It's relatively inexpensive as I tend to buy in bulk at Costo and fill in at trader Joe's or Aldi.

All that said, when I do very occasionally dine out, it's almost always with intense disappointment. I think it's why I started cooking in the first place. If you truly want a good meal, I think with very few exceptions you usually have to make it yourself. For those of you who think that the Olive Garden or Cheddars is by any indication quality dining, you're wrong.

Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:01 pm
Blast wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:56 pm I like eating at the Y
The 13 year olds?
Do I look like I would nail them back in High School? I wait until they're grown.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

[quote=JackRabbit_Slim post_id=46320 time=1566921953 user_id=121]
eating out is for lazy fatso's with more money than brains. I cook breakfast every morning but aside from that I'll do 2 days per week where I'll cook up enough so that the rest of my meals are simply reheats. I tend to eat the same things which is fine with me. It's healthy. It's relatively inexpensive as I tend to buy in bulk at Costo and fill in at trader Joe's or Aldi.

[/quote]
I think this translates to "I'm too cheap to pay for a well prepared meal."

No wonder your sister dumped you.
wut?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Not sure why that quote didn't work.....
wut?
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Wut wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:36 pm Not sure why that quote didn't work.....
Ya broke it...jackass
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Wut wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:44 am Many restaurants won't do rare burgers, it's a health and liability issue.
BS, It's a Nanny state issue. I'm guessing like NYC banning "surgery" drinks over 10 oz's and tons of other BS "progressive" infused "ideas", just another attempt by the govt. to control what consumers and citizens can do with their lives. It always fails. They never learn.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:54 pm
BS, It's a Nanny state issue. I'm guessing like NYC banning "surgery" drinks over 10 oz's and tons of other BS "progressive" infused "ideas", just another attempt by the govt. to control what consumers and citizens can do with their lives. It always fails. They never learn.
Eating raw hamburger is kind of stupid, dude.