Complaints about service, etc.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Re: Complaints about service, etc.

Post by PimpDaddy »

VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Women are notoriously bad tippers.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm
Evil.Fkn.Mean,Nasty wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:09 pm I own a restaurant. Yes, people can be cray cray.

We strive to make zero mistakes. We have fired people because they dont care about their mistakes. But they do happen.

95% of the time the people will politely point out the mistake and let us correct it. No big deal.

BUT OMGFBBQ!! Some people act like you just insulted their whole family and existence because you put mustard on the burger by mistake. I had a guy damn my family and business to doom because his poutine was cold.

And we get old bored people call the health department on us because they have nothing better to do and want to feel important. We have never had a violation and the health dept person comes in with their "We have to do this" attitude and checks the whole place out and always green lights us.

When I eat out, it has to be a very serious wrong to make a stink. I can count on one hand how many times in 50 years that has happened. And I often get wrong food or prep or whatever. I just eat it.

Got attitude from the hostess @ Riva Grill in South Shore last night. Like she was doing us a favor when we showed up. The place is a massive money maker. My drink was $19. Corkage was $20. Crazy busy, a few fuckups but all in all an amazing experience when you consider all that could go wrong. I spoke to a manager briefly. Over 300 employees. All i sniveled about was the hostess.
When I managed if the hostess or waitress was hot their margin for error was waaaaaaay larger than otherwise.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:16 pm I have also worked front and back of house, and in Management, and let me tell you all, shut the fuck up. About half of the people a server deals with EVERY DAY are rude, insulting and ask for shit that no place would do.

So shut the fuck up, if you don't like the food or service, leave and don't come back. It is not rocket science, you are eating out you lazy fuck. Cook your own shit and see how your kids treat you.
Fuck that. I've also done all 3. Yes, many people suck and many people don't. It's not too much to ask for the servers, cooks and other assorted staff to perform their job as expected. That's a lazy attitude and you not wanting to address poor employees. Dealing with rude customers is part of a servers job. Cooking the food correctly is the cooks job. Making sure they do their job is your job. You're right, it's not rocket science.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:43 pmMaking sure they do their job is your job.
You have got to be kidding.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:31 pm Women are notoriously bad tippers.
Unless they have been a server.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:46 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:43 pmMaking sure they do their job is your job.
You said you were a manager. What exactly did you do as a manager then?
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:49 pm
He ate the leftovers.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

I thought you were saying it is the customers job to make sure they are doing their job, by complaining and pointing out mistakes. Of course it is the managers job to do that.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:16 pm I have also worked front and back of house, and in Management, and let me tell you all, shut the fuck up. About half of the people a server deals with EVERY DAY are rude, insulting and ask for shit that no place would do.

So shut the fuck up, if you don't like the food or service, leave and don't come back. It is not rocket science, you are eating out you lazy fuck. Cook your own shit and see how your kids treat you.
I missed this one. You are wrong. I have worked in restaurants, only very briefly as a waiter. Yes it sucks, but that's the job. I am always a very good customer, and a regular. I don't get mad, don't raise my voice. I make every excuse for poor service: he's new, having a bad day, it's the kitchen..
But if there's a problems, you should complain. Not be rude, just complain. It's a service they offer, and you pay for.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:56 pm
Charliesheen wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Got attitude from the hostess @ Riva Grill in South Shore last night. Like she was doing us a favor when we showed up. The place is a massive money maker. My drink was $19. Corkage was $20. Crazy busy, a few fuckups but all in all an amazing experience when you consider all that could go wrong. I spoke to a manager briefly. Over 300 employees. All i sniveled about was the hostess.
Not wasting any of their money on those plastic chairs :D
Good observation. Resin chairs...

They've been replaced with real ones.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

People who harass helpless customer service people are assholes.

In college I was told by a girl / waitress that her job was to manage the kitchen staff to make sure they prepared your order properly. If the food isn't cooked right or timely, she knows it is coming out of her tip. Her pay is all about being your advocate in the kitchen. Otherwise you may as well be eating at a counter service type restaurant.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:11 pm
PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:07 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:59 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:06 am
B-Tender wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 am
QillerDaemon wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:14 pm I've worked in both the front and the back of the house, so I really don't like complaining unless it's just plain obvious someone is fucking up and bad. My wife, who spent about a year working as a barmaid about 50 years ago, will complain about almost everything. I'll just eat what's served, tip accordingly, and plain won't go back. My wife winds up getting stuff comp'd and other free stuff while I sit quietly in embarrassment. She'll make me go back a month later and do it all over again. :|
I used to be like you. What I have realized, is that you can help me and my business be better. Of course, some people are assholes. If I don't pay attention to what people are saying though, I'm the asshole.
Maybe. Maybe not. Unless the food really really sucks, for every time someone says the food sucks, there are a load more people who happily either tolerate the food in ignorance or really like it. My opinion means little enough if anything. So what's the point in complaining? I walk away, the restaurateur got his one sale from me, and we're both happy. Unless they're trying to actively poison me, my belly's filled and I never have to think about that joint again. In six months, either it's closed down or somehow still running. But I can find other places to go. That's one thing the Orlando area has going for it.
Translation: “I am a poosey. Here’s some money for that swill you just gave me.”
I’ll bet you even tip the full amount!
Don't tip the server because a cook made your food wrong. If she wants to make more than $2 / hour, she should get a better jeerbbb! Amirite???
Negative. The server tips the cook, the dishwasher, etc. Her tips to the cook should reflect her service from that cook. She's not losing anything.
I would never be a server at a place that makes you tip out the kitchen. I know that is a new trend but that is bullshit. Especially when cooks get an hourly wage or salary and servers are making $2.50 an hour like they were back in my day.
I blame Biker.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Think about it this way, do you complain to the bank tellers about the why the bank wronged you?

Do you complain to the judge because the cop wronged you?

Do you complain to the grocery checkers because the produce manager is an idiot?

I bet you do, and I bet you complain to the waitress you asked for the eggs over medium.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:01 pm
I bet you do, and I bet you complain to the waitress you asked for the eggs over medium.
If you order your eggs over easy and they come out scrambled - that's on the waitress technically. She should have noticed and made the kitchen correct it.
If they come out over medium - suck it up butter cup.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

PimpDaddy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:51 pm
He ate the leftovers.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

PimpDaddy wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:37 pm In restaurants, I don't really complain, as much as ask for something to be fixed if it is really bad. If it won't kill me, I usually don't care. It's just food.

My wife on the other hand, fuck! She is the type that can't order food or a drink off the menu without 10 more instructions. Inevitably someone gets it wrong, then she stews about it until I get it corrected, and I look like the ass. I am numb to it now, but when I see someone else do it, I am embarrassed for them, if that makes sense. They probably feel the same about me, LOL.

When is the last time you went to a local brewery or dumpy sports pub and asked for a cosmo? Kettle One. Do you have Cointreau, because I don't like Triple Sec. Not much though because I don't like it too sweet. And just a little cran, I don't want it red, just a light pink. Shaken so it is icy on top. Rocks on the side, dirty. Whoa, you don't have martini glasses? Never mind, I'll just have a soda water with 2 lemon wedges. Two cocktail straws, I don't like the other kind. What, you don't have those, either?!?
Your wife sounds like the real life inspiration for the Lydia corporation character from Madrigal Industries in "Breaking Bad" and "Better Call Saul".
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

I'll complain about service if it's genuinely shitty service. If it's some minor thing I'll just accept it and it might affect the tip and whether I go back. Had an ex who seemed to just love complaining, like it was part of the night out for her, nipicking every little tiny thing. I just found that embarassing. Stiff upper lip chaps, if they haven't actually shit in the soup just pick the fly out and soldier on.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Actually now I come to think about it I've never complained about the service anywhere ever.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

QillerDaemon wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:14 pm I've worked in both the front and the back of the house, so I really don't like complaining unless it's just plain obvious someone is fucking up and bad. My wife, who spent about a year working as a barmaid about 50 years ago, will complain about almost everything. I'll just eat what's served, tip accordingly, and plain won't go back. My wife winds up getting stuff comp'd and other free stuff while I sit quietly in embarrassment. She'll make me go back a month later and do it all over again. :|
I used to be like you. What I have realized, is that you can help me and my business be better. Of course, some people are assholes. If I don't pay attention to what people are saying though, I'm the asshole.
Maybe. Maybe not. Unless the food really really sucks, for every time someone says the food sucks, there are a load more people who happily either tolerate the food in ignorance or really like it. My opinion means little enough if anything. So what's the point in complaining? I walk away, the restaurateur got his one sale from me, and we're both happy. Unless they're trying to actively poison me, my belly's filled and I never have to think about that joint again. In six months, either it's closed down or somehow still running. But I can find other places to go. That's one thing the Orlando area has going for it.
Translation: “I am a poosey. Here’s some money for that swill you just gave me.”
I view the table service and the food preparation as two separate things that go into the overall restaurant experience. I've had lousy food with excellent service, and truly shitty service with wonderful food. But one thing I did learn working in the back of the house: the food is what the food is, how the owner and/or chef want it to be. If it's not up to my tastes, I can accept that and move on to another restaurant. About the most to expect of complaints about the food is a big "well, sorry..." And maybe a comp. Because very little if anything I say about it will make one difference.

Service is another thing. I want the server to greet me, take my order, and deliver the food and drink that I requested, as well as drop by once in a while to make sure I'm satisfied. I do not need them to entertain me, in fact I'd rather they just leave me alone unless I need something. So I'll tip to that accordingly, usually starting as 15-20% on the full amount according the the level of service for that kind of restaurant. I do not punish the server for the quality of the food, unless they start acting awfully defensive about it. The server didn't make it, so why should they get the brunt of the bitching? That's the manager's job.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Don't tip the server because a cook made your food wrong. If she wants to make more than $2 / hour, she should get a better jeerbbb! Amirite???
Negative. The server tips the cook, the dishwasher, etc. Her tips to the cook should reflect her service from that cook. She's not losing anything.
If you tip her less she gets less.
wut?
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

beagleboy wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:23 pm People who harass helpless customer service people are assholes.

In college I was told by a girl / waitress that her job was to manage the kitchen staff to make sure they prepared your order properly. If the food isn't cooked right or timely, she knows it is coming out of her tip. Her pay is all about being your advocate in the kitchen. Otherwise you may as well be eating at a counter service type restaurant.
I had some some great hamburger and fries plates back in the day at Walgreens. Those who lived it can testify. Plus, they didn’t allow coloreds.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Wut wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:10 pm
B-Tender wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:14 am I used to be like you. What I have realized, is that you can help me and my business be better. Of course, some people are assholes. If I don't pay attention to what people are saying though, I'm the asshole.
If you tip her less she gets less.
She cuts the cook, tells him why. She gets no less. This is the philosophy of waiting for tips.
VinceBordenIII

Post by VinceBordenIII »

AnalHamster wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:14 pm Actually now I come to think about it I've never complained about the service anywhere ever.
Then you, sir, are a cuck.