Anyone good with creating props? Creative ideas needed.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Re: Anyone good with creating props? Creative ideas needed.

Post by JCW »

Finished his candy bag tonight. I mean, it's not perfect but itll be dark, that should hide all my fuckups. He liked it, that's all that matters.

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Pen and ink?
JCW

Post by JCW »

Sharpie on a white pillowcase. It bled a bit on the cloth so I tried to account for that. I'm like 0% artist as you can see, I'm all left brain. I considered a vinyl heat transfer deal but the sheets you print on were pretty spendy for something that would be used a couple hours max. Thought I'd try this way first and if he hated it I would get the vinyl sheets. He loved it though.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Kid being happy is only criteria.
It's better than what most of us could do.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

personally i would be WAY more worried about him wanting to dress up like Freddie Mercury than what he thought about his candy bag.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:07 pm personally i would be WAY more worried about him wanting to dress up like Freddie Mercury than what he thought about his candy bag.
Oh right, I forgot, looking up to gay people makes you gay. At least now HIV/AIDS isnt a death sentence in the western world, so I've got that to look forward to.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:33 am Finished his candy bag tonight. I mean, it's not perfect but itll be dark, that should hide all my fuckups. He liked it, that's all that matters.

Did you do the coat of arms? If so, you did a nice job on it.
wut?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:33 am Finished his candy bag tonight. I mean, it's not perfect but itll be dark, that should hide all my fuckups. He liked it, that's all that matters.

I've always wondered why that crab is in there?
The bird of prey makes sense. The two lions make sense. The two pixies make sense. The crown makes sense.
But what the fuck is that crab doing in there?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
JCW

Post by JCW »

RD - its each band members zodiac. 2 Leos (the lions), a Virgo (the fairies) and a Cancer (the crab).

Wut - I traced it with an ultra fine Sharpie from a logo I printed and pinned underneath the fabric. Still took over an hour to finish. So, in a sense I drew it, but definitely not freehand.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

JCW wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:22 am RD - its each band members zodiac. 2 Leos (the lions), a Virgo (the fairies) and a Cancer (the crab).

Wut - I traced it with an ultra fine Sharpie from a logo I printed and pinned underneath the fabric. Still took over an hour to finish. So, in a sense I drew it, but definitely not freehand.
Even for tracing, it came out well, takes more patience than I have.
wut?
Antknot

Post by Antknot »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:59 pm

I've always wondered why that crab is in there?
The bird of prey makes sense. The two lions make sense. The two pixies make sense. The crown makes sense.
But what the fuck is that crab doing in there?
Cause "The Queen" had crabs?
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

At first I thought this was going to be a photo of a tattoo you got on your ass.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:03 pm
At first I thought this was going to be a photo of a tattoo you got on your ass.
if you look at it closely, you could make a butthole tattoo out of the coat of arms. The crown would be the balloon knot. Maybe JCW could sketch that out and take a sample pic.
Last edited by Animal on Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JCW

Post by JCW »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:03 pm At first I thought this was going to be a photo of a tattoo you got on your ass.
I see I've taken up residence in your dome.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

JCW wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:32 pm
VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:03 pm At first I thought this was going to be a photo of a tattoo you got on your ass.
Nah, I just thought you had posted a nude at first sight.
JCW

Post by JCW »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:02 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:32 pm
Nah, I just thought you had posted a nude at first sight.
You need thicker glasses.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Smok44 wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:57 am Make a fake guitar and strap it on him, the guitar can hold the candy. Freddy wasn't known to be a guitar player but he tried to play and there are photographs of him in concert with one

He played on Crazy Little Thing Called Love at Live Aid. But yeah he was more about the piano for sure. I'm actually thinking about finding a wig and going with him as Brian May, I'd definitely make a red guitar in that case!
JCW

Post by JCW »

I'll post the complete costume tomorrow but heres the pants I made for it. Left is the inspiration, right are his. Not bad for minimal craftiness, I must say...
WarmBidetWater
Forum God

Post by WarmBidetWater »

You certainly deserve credit for going the extra mile...
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

WarmBidetWater wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:05 am You certainly deserve credit for going the extra kilometer...
FTFY
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
JCW

Post by JCW »

WarmBidetWater wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:05 am You certainly deserve credit for going the extra mile...
Haha thanks, not really though! The pants, making some fake Adidas like in the photo and drawing the bag were all I really did. His dad bought him the crown and cape. I bought him the Queen shirt when we were in Vancouver last month.

I'm just going for authenticity. He decided the wants to enter the costume contest at school tomorrow and I'm very competitive so i want him to win. :lol:
JCW

Post by JCW »

Final product. Hes got another Queen shirt and the candy bag for tonight, this is his school version. Hes hoping to do well in the costume contest at lunch!

beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

That's rather impressive. Better than any costume I ever wore.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:51 pm Final product. Hes got another Queen shirt and the candy bag for tonight, this is his school version. Hes hoping to do well in the costume contest at lunch!

Looks proud of his costume, hope he does well
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
JCW

Post by JCW »

If he loses to a generic FortNite costume I'm gonna be pissed.