Anyone good with creating props? Creative ideas needed.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Anyone good with creating props? Creative ideas needed.

Post by Animal »

he's going to make a great interior decorator some day.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:38 pm he's going to make a great interior decorator some day.
More like software engineer, his favourite thing other than Queen is messing around with old versions of Windows. He composes original music using sounds from various Windows OS.

Thanks for your support though.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

There was no joy quite like a 1960's era Halloween costume from the store. Spending a few sweaty hours with that horrible mask on. Couldn't see, couldn't breathe, my drool from trying to get air would pool in the mouth recesses of the mask. Constantly tripping because the costume legs weren't designed for human children.

I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:07 pm There was no joy quite like a 1960's era Halloween costume from the store. Spending a few sweaty hours with that horrible mask on. Couldn't see, couldn't breathe, my drool from trying to get air would pool in the mouth recesses of the mask. Constantly tripping because the costume legs weren't designed for human children.

there was actually nothing safer than putting kids in ill fitting costumes, with a plastic mask rubber banded around their face, and then let them run through the dark in strange yards for candy.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:29 pm
Stapes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:07 pm There was no joy quite like a 1960's era Halloween costume from the store. Spending a few sweaty hours with that horrible mask on. Couldn't see, couldn't breathe, my drool from trying to get air would pool in the mouth recesses of the mask. Constantly tripping because the costume legs weren't designed for human children.

there was actually nothing safer than putting kids in ill fitting costumes, with a plastic mask rubber banded around their face, and then let them run through the dark in strange yards for candy.

And the kicker? We never had parents go out with us. I don't remember ever having adults tag along with us. I probably was 7 years old and it was my responsibility to watch my 5 year old brother....lol
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:34 pm
And the kicker? We never had parents go out with us. I don't remember ever having adults tag along with us. I probably was 7 years old and it was my responsibility to watch my 5 year old brother....lol
yeah, as a kid, i never (ever) remember seeing any parents walking along with their kids or a group of kids. Now days, I would guess that at least 75% of the kids that come to the door have at least one parent in the group.

and for the little kids, now the parents carry them around and talk for them to ask for candy. basically they are showing off how cute their 2 year old looks as a sheep (or whatever). Back in the day, part of growing up was wanting to be old enough to get to go out with the kids on Halloween. You had to prove that you were old enough at 4 or 5 to do it.
JCW

Post by JCW »

beagleboy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:27 pm That's rather impressive. Better than any costume I ever wore.
Missed this before but thank you! I hope he gets points for creativity and not just slapping on a store-bought generic costume. I'm excited to see reactions tonight!

I told him he should say "trick or treat, dahling" if he wants to be authentic.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:58 pm
beagleboy wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:27 pm That's rather impressive. Better than any costume I ever wore.
Missed this before but thank you! I hope he gets points for creativity and not just slapping on a store-bought generic costume. I'm excited to see reactions tonight!

omg........................
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Awesome, right?!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:32 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:58 pm

Awesome, right?!
no. not awesome.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Just for Flumper:

Its Halloween. Boys can be girls, girls can be boys, kids can be gay rock stars, lighten the fuck up.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:36 pm Just for Flumper:

Its Halloween. Boys can be girls, girls can be boys, kids can be gay rock stars, lighten the fuck up.
no. none of that. boys can be firemen or hobos or superman. girls can be princesses or playboy bunnies or slutty cheerleaders. i didn't make the rules.
JCW

Post by JCW »

By that logic, Rami Malek spent like a year or more trying to BE Freddie for the Bohemian Rhapsody movie, he should be a flaming homosexual by now.

Oh except hes dating the chick who played Mary Austin in the movie. Huh. Wacky.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

she's a beard, i guess.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:21 pm she's a beard, i guess.
Love that Texas logic.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Also, I decided to go out as a Queen roadie to back up my Freddie. Its a traditionally male job so if I come back as a lesbian tomorrow, you'll know why.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:51 pm Final product. Hes got another Queen shirt and the candy bag for tonight, this is his school version. Hes hoping to do well in the costume contest at lunch!

T-shirt needs to be tucked in.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 pm Also, I decided to go out as a Queen roadie to back up my Freddie. Its a traditionally male job so if I could back as a lesbian tomorrow, you'll know why.
i know you don't really understand the science behind it all. its complicated. Just know that if you dress little boys up as little girls (or girlishly) they can get some kind of a gay virus thing. not 100% of the time, but most of the time. they might not know they have it and it might take several years to spread. but then they end up in a gym class and next thing they are trying to suck every dick in the locker room.

i'm a gender research engineer.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:39 pm
JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:35 pm Also, I decided to go out as a Queen roadie to back up my Freddie. Its a traditionally male job so if I could back as a lesbian tomorrow, you'll know why.
i know you don't really understand the science behind it all. its complicated. Just know that if you dress little boys up as little girls (or girlishly) they can get some kind of a gay virus thing. not 100% of the time, but most of the time. they might not know they have it and it might take several years to spread. but then they end up in a gym class and next thing they are trying to suck every dick in the locker room.

i'm a gender research engineer.
So how old were you when you got this virus?
JCW

Post by JCW »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:38 pm
JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:51 pm Final product. Hes got another Queen shirt and the candy bag for tonight, this is his school version. Hes hoping to do well in the costume contest at lunch!

T-shirt needs to be tucked in.
Hes wearing a shorter black Queen shirt tonight that will look better.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Dumb question here: Do a lot of kids his age know who Freddy Mercury was?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:42 pm So how old were you when you got this virus?
i see what you're trying to do there.
JCW

Post by JCW »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:48 pm Dumb question here: Do a lot of kids his age know who Freddy Mercury was?
No. He was concerned no kids would know who he is. I said maybe, but all the adults will, and theyll be the ones judging the contest and handing out the candy.

Hes a leader, not a follower. It's one of my favourite things about him.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Best thing ever. He was a little sad, I guess some kids laughed at him at school, he didnt want to go back out for ToTing. We compromised and said 1 hour, then we would go home. Halfway through he ran into a teenaged girl dressed up as Roger Taylor dressed as a girl in the "I Want to Break Free" video (on the left of the photo).

They had a little bonding moment and he was totally reinvigorated after that. We ended up completing the area we were in. Amazing what a little outside support can do.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:15 am Best thing ever. He was a little sad, I guess some kids laughed at him at school, he didnt want to go back out for ToTing. We compromised and said 1 hour, then we would go home. Halfway through he ran into a teenaged girl dressed up as Roger Taylor dressed as a girl in the "I Want to Break Free" video (on the left of the photo).

They had a little bonding moment and he was totally reinvigorated after that. We ended up completing the area we were in. Amazing what a little outside support can do.
forget any of the jokes i made (tried to make). That's rough.