I started doing a thing this week

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

windrunner
Forum God

Re: I started doing a thing this week

Post by windrunner »

✌(◕‿-)✌ wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:48 pm
windrunner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:46 am
JCW wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:50 am
windrunner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 am I was a close combat/martial arts instructor in the Marine Corps.

Oh damn, nice! A whole bunch of adult noobs! Obviously its usefulness against a weapon is minimal but do you think technique really makes a difference in hand-to-hand combat or self-defense?
Master the basics. All the sexy dumb shit is ineffective. It's the basic gross motor skill movements that are effective. All of that other stuff looks good. It's attractive to see and learn - all the fancy, exotic names of all of those fight disciplines out there. None of that will be there for you in a real violent encounter.

Focus on training your mind first. You have to develop a combative mindset. Otherwise, anything you learn physically will be a waste. We've all heard the expression, "where your mind goes, your ass follows." If some technique you are learning requires a tremendous amount of repetition for you to grasp it, toss it aside. It will never be there for you. It requires an enormous amount of physical repetition because you are only trying to learn it physically. You are not learning it mentally. Teach your mind first.

That's what 'one mind, any weapon' means. It's not about having an actual weapon. I could fuck somebody's ass up with a spoon off a table in a restaurant. It wouldn't require some kind of Jason Bourne sexy bullshit either. It's about having a combative mindset. With the proper combative mindset, you'd be amazed at what you can do against someone with a weapon.
Mindset. LOL. What a load of bullshit.
Although I'm quit sure you've never been a martial arts instructor in the marine corp, you speak of instructing some lame ass shit average joe the "mindset" over technique.

Mastering or being adequate in certain techniques gives you the confidence and "mindset" in a situation.
What you're speaking of, gives you a bunch of morons doing this :gay fight hand slapping: at any given situation.

And I bet you couldn't even annoy a semi-cold pea soup at a senior home, with a spoon.
Every forum has the troll faggot and you've earned that title. Congrats. I'm sure you have the faggot part down, but you really need to work on the troll part.
✌(◕‿-)✌
Bored Mover

Post by ✌(◕‿-)✌ »

windrunner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:02 pm
windrunner wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 am I was a close combat/martial arts instructor in the Marine Corps.

Oh damn, nice! A whole bunch of adult noobs! Obviously its usefulness against a weapon is minimal but do you think technique really makes a difference in hand-to-hand combat or self-defense?
Master the basics. All the sexy dumb shit is ineffective. It's the basic gross motor skill movements that are effective. All of that other stuff looks good. It's attractive to see and learn - all the fancy, exotic names of all of those fight disciplines out there. None of that will be there for you in a real violent encounter.

Focus on training your mind first. You have to develop a combative mindset. Otherwise, anything you learn physically will be a waste. We've all heard the expression, "where your mind goes, your ass follows." If some technique you are learning requires a tremendous amount of repetition for you to grasp it, toss it aside. It will never be there for you. It requires an enormous amount of physical repetition because you are only trying to learn it physically. You are not learning it mentally. Teach your mind first.

That's what 'one mind, any weapon' means. It's not about having an actual weapon. I could fuck somebody's ass up with a spoon off a table in a restaurant. It wouldn't require some kind of Jason Bourne sexy bullshit either. It's about having a combative mindset. With the proper combative mindset, you'd be amazed at what you can do against someone with a weapon.
Although I'm quit sure you've never been a martial arts instructor in the marine corp, you speak of instructing some lame ass shit average joe the "mindset" over technique.

Mastering or being adequate in certain techniques gives you the confidence and "mindset" in a situation.
What you're speaking of, gives you a bunch of morons doing this :gay fight hand slapping: at any given situation.

And I bet you couldn't even annoy a semi-cold pea soup at a senior home, with a spoon.
Every forum has the troll faggot and you've earned that title. Congrats. I'm sure you have the faggot part down, but you really need to work on the troll part.
I'm not the one bullshitting people with "marine corp" martial arts mindset over technique crap.
Make a blog and go lie about it there instead.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Only one way to settle this: Jello wrestling!
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

My money is on windrunner.
JCW

Post by JCW »

B-Tender wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:50 pm My money is on windrunner.
Because hes got the proper mindset? Or because VE fights like a girl?
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

JCW wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:48 pm Only one way to settle this: Jello wrestling!
Green?
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
windrunner
Forum God

Post by windrunner »

✌(◕‿-)✌ wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:18 pm
windrunner wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm not the one bullshitting people with "marine corp" martial arts mindset over technique crap.
Make a blog and go lie about it there instead.
Keep working on that troll game. You'll get it there someday.
✌(◕‿-)✌
Bored Mover

Post by ✌(◕‿-)✌ »

I KARATE YOU FACE
WITH MINDSET

:buttred: :chainsaw:
JCW

Post by JCW »

Sensei commented on how powerful my punches are tonight. Feeling pretty proud of myself. But then like the truly fucking awkward individual I am, I had to spar with him on a punch/armbar combo and instead of grappling I pretty much hugged him. I got a sniff of sweaty man smell and lost my concentration. I am hopeless.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

I blame Biker.
JCW

Post by JCW »

I mean, in my nose is one thing, on my face is entirely another.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Kind of a cool pic, me and the kid doing a full sparring session last week. We both have so much fun in this class!

squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Post by squirt »

I tore my ACL trying to roundhouse kick my son in the head back in the day. Fun times.
JCW

Post by JCW »

squirt wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:34 pm I tore my ACL trying to roundhouse kick my son in the head back in the day. Fun times.
Good thing mine is short then, eh! If anything gives on me, its gonna be my hip, I can already feel the deep burn when we do certain leg raises. When did we get so old? :(

I just ordered us some MMA style gloves for sparring. Up next are shin guards.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

squirt wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:34 pm I tore my ACL trying to roundhouse kick my son in the head back in the day. Fun times.
What'd you do that lead to the tkr or was it cumulative damage
JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:33 am
Good thing mine is short then, eh! If anything gives on me, its gonna be my hip, I can already feel the deep burn when we do certain leg raises. When did we get so old? :(

Might want to stretch out the hip flexors a bit more after you warm up
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Blast wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:42 am

Hey I dont take health advice from fatties, thx.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

:lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:53 am
Blast wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:42 am

Hey I dont take health advice from fatties, thx.
The weight just makes me extra cuddly.
squirt
More Anal, Less Shenanigans
Interests: sleep

Post by squirt »

Blast wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:42 am What'd you do that lead to the tkr or was it cumulative damage
Cumulative. Just your typical joints wearing out. Left ACL repair, right meniscus repair, right TKR. Although my right knee was hurting and I had bad osteoarthritis, I was doing fine until I did something (not sure what) to acutely injure it further. As a nurse, I need to walk well, so I just had it replaced.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Wait, adults can join kids' karate classes? If this is for real, I'll join today just to be able to legally kick and punch children. Please tell me you're not fucking joking.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
JCW

Post by JCW »

Deathproof wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:35 pm Wait, adults can join kids' karate classes? If this is for real, I'll join today just to be able to legally kick and punch children. Please tell me you're not fucking joking.
How would it be a joke, I posted a photo of me sparring with a child. My sensei even called it "legal child abuse".

It's not a kids class though. It's a small town, it's all ages, we have people in class from 10-50+. In a full class theres 5 adults, a bunch of teens and a few kids. And dont assume just because you're bigger, youd have the upper hand. Judging by your posting, you're crotchety, likely overweight and slow.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:07 pm
Deathproof wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:35 pm Wait, adults can join kids' karate classes? If this is for real, I'll join today just to be able to legally kick and punch children. Please tell me you're not fucking joking.
How would it be a joke, I posted a photo of me sparring with a child. My sensei even called it "legal child abuse".

It's not a kids class though. It's a small town, it's all ages, we have people in class from 10-50+. In a full class theres 5 adults, a bunch of teens and a few kids. And dont assume just because you're bigger, youd have the upper hand. Judging by your posting, you're crotchety, likely overweight and slow.
I weigh 145 lbs, dude. Between the long hair and my build I look like a heroin addict. I don't think I'll have a problem smacking some little kids around.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Deathproof wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 pm

I weigh 145 lbs, dude. Between the long hair and my build I look like a heroin addict. I don't think I'll have a problem smacking some little kids around.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/how-man ... in-a-fight
windrunner
Forum God

Post by windrunner »

peterosehaircut

Post by peterosehaircut »

Blast wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:26 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 pm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/how-man ... in-a-fight
Apparently I can whoop 52 of them.