I started doing a thing this week

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: I started doing a thing this week

Post by Wut »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:51 pm
Blast wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:26 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 pm
JCW wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:07 pm
Deathproof wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:35 pm Wait, adults can join kids' karate classes? If this is for real, I'll join today just to be able to legally kick and punch children. Please tell me you're not fucking joking.
How would it be a joke, I posted a photo of me sparring with a child. My sensei even called it "legal child abuse".

It's not a kids class though. It's a small town, it's all ages, we have people in class from 10-50+. In a full class theres 5 adults, a bunch of teens and a few kids. And dont assume just because you're bigger, youd have the upper hand. Judging by your posting, you're crotchety, likely overweight and slow.
I weigh 145 lbs, dude. Between the long hair and my build I look like a heroin addict. I don't think I'll have a problem smacking some little kids around.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/how-man ... in-a-fight
Apparently I can whoop 52 of them.
I only got 21, I think due to limited training and experience.
wut?
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

I got 52 as well. In fact, the sensei is making me work with the adults more instead of punching the kids. :(

I also just bought kiddo and myself some decent MMA style gloves for sparring. They should be here by Thurs, our next sparring class. Tuesdays are forms and the learning the katas. Since we have been working on the first kata at home, apparently we can test for yellow belts by Christmas. Kinda excited about that!
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Deathproof wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:11 pm I weigh 145 lbs, dude. Between the long hair and my build I look like a heroin addict. I don't think I'll have a problem smacking some little kids around.
Saw this pic and remembered your post. :lol:

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Is that Saruman?
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Man, totally aside from punching kids, I'm fucking loving this class for real. I signed up for the exercise, never expected it to be so fun. I think I'm pretty good for a noobie, I did a lot of sparring with the sensei tonight and he was showing me some moves beyond what we were working on. Starting next week we are going to start attending 3 classes a week, looking forward to that for sure.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:23 am Man, totally aside from punching kids, I'm fucking loving this class for real. I signed up for the exercise, never expected it to be so fun. I think I'm pretty good for a noobie, I did a lot of sparring with the sensei tonight and he was showing me some moves beyond what we were working on. Starting next week we are going to start attending 3 classes a week, looking forward to that for sure.
Thats awesome. Wish we had the time. Your experience here is making me want to do this with young CHEEZY again. Get some good bonding time in and I'm sure he'd LOVE taking a couple shots at me!

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
JCW

Post by JCW »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:23 am Man, totally aside from punching kids, I'm fucking loving this class for real. I signed up for the exercise, never expected it to be so fun. I think I'm pretty good for a noobie, I did a lot of sparring with the sensei tonight and he was showing me some moves beyond what we were working on. Starting next week we are going to start attending 3 classes a week, looking forward to that for sure.
Thats awesome. Wish we had the time. Your experience here is making me want to do this with young CHEEZY again. Get some good bonding time in and I'm sure he'd LOVE taking a couple shots at me!
Oh man kiddo caught my jaw with an open mouth with a punch last night, even though it was a light tap, it smashed my teeth together and rattled me pretty good. I'm like, see son, that's how you knock someone out! Youd think we would win cuz we are bigger and stronger but they are faster and have the motivation. :lol:

I only have the time to do this because it's in the evening and right down the road from us. Being self-employed during school hours, I miss out on all the fun field trips and working in the classroom. This still makes me feel like I'm involved as her moves into the teen years beyond just caretaking at home.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:23 am the sensei was showing me some moves beyond what we were working on
like the pelvic grab?
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:23 am the sensei was showing me some moves beyond what we were working on
like the pelvic grab?
Uhh this is a business relationship that just happens to involve getting sweaty, heavy breathing, and touching each other. No room for sexual enjoyment at all. Especially not for people who enjoy the scent of sweaty man like I do.

For what it's worth, we were working on deflecting punches, but he was showing me how to step aside and counterpunch. Then later we did free sparring and he was showing me how to check leg kicks and counter several offensive maneuvers.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:21 pm
Flumper wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:13 pm
like the pelvic grab?
Uhh this is a business relationship that just happens to involve getting sweaty, heavy breathing, and touching each other. No room for sexual enjoyment at all. Especially not for people who enjoy the scent of sweaty man like I do.

For what it's worth, we were working on deflecting punches, but he was showing me how to step aside and counterpunch. Then later we did free sparring and he was showing me how to check leg kicks and counter several offensive maneuvers.
uh huh.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Yes my plan is pelvic-grabbing my way to a black belt. You got me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 pm Yes my plan is pelvic-grabbing my way to a black belt. You got me.
wow, that would be the first time a woman tried to use her body to get something.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 pm Yes my plan is pelvic-grabbing my way to a black belt. You got me.
wow, that would be the first time a woman tried to use her body to get something.
With this body I can MAYBE get a cup of coffee.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:46 pm
have you tried some 6" platform heeled boots, a sock dress that is about 3 sizes too small, and a thong made out of thick material that shows good panty lines?
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:55 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:46 pm
have you tried some 6" platform heeled boots, a sock dress that is about 3 sizes too small, and a thong made out of thick material that shows good panty lines?
Is that your go-to outfit?

I'm already 5'6. 6' tall JCW would just be disturbing.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm

hawk says it never fails. i was just wondering if you tried it.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:22 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:20 pm

hawk says it never fails. i was just wondering if you tried it.
Welp there goes my sex drive...
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:57 pm
snap out of it woman! The serial whatever-he-is is on his way there now.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:00 pm
JCW wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:57 pm
snap out of it woman! The serial whatever-he-is is on his way there now.
Leaving in 20 mins! Eeps!!
JCW

Post by JCW »

Just wanted to post this here. One of my problem body areas is my flabby underarms. Since starting karate I've lost almost all my flab and dare I say it, got some muscle going on?

JCW

Post by JCW »

Holy shit my legs barely work today. Im up to 6 hours a week of karate, and yesterday at the optional practice we did a bunch of strength building with weights. I legit can barely walk today. Any tips for dealing with sore muscles after a workout?
JCW

Post by JCW »

Ugh yeah I guess that's my best bet. I dont care for baths but I think one with Epsom salt might help too, might go that route if it's too bad.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

JCW wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:33 pm Holy shit my legs barely work today. Im up to 6 hours a week of karate, and yesterday at the optional practice we did a bunch of strength building with weights. I legit can barely walk today. Any tips for dealing with sore muscles after a workout?
That's great. Keep up with the strength training and the DOMS wont be quite as bad. I've gone overboard on leg days and going up a flight of stairs was a struggle.
I blame Biker.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

JCW wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:44 pm Ugh yeah I guess that's my best bet. I dont care for baths but I think one with Epsom salt might help too, might go that route if it's too bad.
Youll be surprised, tomorrow might even be worse. The second day after always hits harder for me.
I blame Biker.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Stapes wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:48 pm
JCW wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:33 pm Holy shit my legs barely work today. Im up to 6 hours a week of karate, and yesterday at the optional practice we did a bunch of strength building with weights. I legit can barely walk today. Any tips for dealing with sore muscles after a workout?
That's great. Keep up with the strength training and the DOMS wont be quite as bad. I've gone overboard on leg days and going up a flight of stairs was a struggle.
Yeah I kinda wanna get some free weights for at home on days where I dont have practice. I was only using 2-10lb weights but we did reps til exhaustion for several different exercises so I'm feeling it mostly in my thighs but also my shoulders and biceps.