ISIS Leader killed (fuck that guy)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

megman
Nanook of the North

Re: ISIS Leader killed (fuck that guy)

Post by megman »

ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi ‘not killed by US military’ Russia claimshttps://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/isis-l ... l-20738636
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Almost all the "facts" about the death of OBL that were initially reported by the government turned out to be fictional. I'm sure the facts surrounding this mission will have the same level of correctness.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

beagleboy wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:04 pm Almost all the "facts" about the death of OBL that were initially reported by the government turned out to be fictional. I'm sure the facts surrounding this mission will have the same level of correctness.
What facts turned out to be fictonal over there in conspiracy world?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

^^^
Can't risk offending the muzzies. They switched it after realizing how retarded it was. The fact that they posted that at all is grounds for extreme ridicule. :lol:
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

That rotating constituency, tho.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Biker wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:34 pm
Gee, ya think maybe the headline doesn't contain the article?
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Muslim man commits suicide after American harassment
I blame Biker.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Washington Post 1945/ "Adolf Hitler- decorated war hero, Architect and Artist, animal lover and vegan. leader of the German people died today from a gun accident"
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Stapes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm Muslim man commits suicide after American harassment
This bullying thing is getting out of control.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Stapes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:52 pm Muslim man commits suicide after American harassment
I lol'd.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: ISIeered@S Leader killed (fuck that guy)

Post by Wut »

Muslim cleric provides deeply religious experience to children.
wut?
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

Again. Armed officers invade another home and kill the resident.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

I figure they were enlisted not officers.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Antknot wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:27 pm I figure they were enlisted not officers.
Still policing the world....
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Essentially true. :lol:
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:55 pm
Essentially true. :lol:
Further proof that you can publish factual stuff and still have an agenda.

It's not really Fake News from either side. It doesn't HAVE to be.

P.S. Reminds me of an old bit about Soviet and U.S. news reporting of a two-man athletic competition between Khrushchev and Kennedy, where Kennedy won a footrace by a large margin.

U.S. Reporting: Kennedy wins going away!

Soviet: Kennedy comes in second-to-last!
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

megman wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:32 pm
Antknot wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:27 pm I figure they were enlisted not officers.
Still policing the world....
As if we have a choice.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:08 pmFurther proof that you can publish factual stuff and still have an agenda.

P.S. Reminds me of an old bit about Soviet and U.S. news reporting of a two-man athletic competition between Khrushchev and Kennedy, where Kennedy won a footrace by a large margin.

that is why it is so important (or was so important) to protect and insure the complete unbias when it comes to news reporting. That tradition is long gone. The major networks protected it as long as they could, but even they were eventually swallowed up by the agendas that own the broadcast companies. This, to me, is one of the scariest changes in our culture. We now have a generation that will grow up and never see unbiased news reports. It will probably end up, in hindsight, to be a "get off my lawn" moment on my part, where it has no significant effect (or detrimental effect). But the transitional phase that we have witnessed has been less than impressive.
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

Flumper wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:34 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:08 pmFurther proof that you can publish factual stuff and still have an agenda.

that is why it is so important (or was so important) to protect and insure the complete unbias when it comes to news reporting. That tradition is long gone. The major networks protected it as long as they could, but even they were eventually swallowed up by the agendas that own the broadcast companies. This, to me, is one of the scariest changes in our culture. We now have a generation that will grow up and never see unbiased news reports. It will probably end up, in hindsight, to be a "get off my lawn" moment on my part, where it has no significant effect (or detrimental effect). But the transitional phase that we have witnessed has been less than impressive.
you think a whole generation raised on biased, agenda driven "journalism" wont have a significant or detrimental effect on society in the long run? The divisive nature of American life can be traced DIRECTLY to agenda driven political journalism that really took hold in the 90's, possibly even before then. its literally tearing American values and the concept of mutual respect to shreds. Its an "us VS them" mentality because of what the Television tells people to do/believe/feel/think.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

allwhitemeat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:41 pm

you think a whole generation raised on biased, agenda driven "journalism" wont have a significant or detrimental effect on society in the long run? The divisive nature of American life can be traced DIRECTLY to agenda driven political journalism that really took hold in the 90's, possibly even before then. its literally tearing American values and the concept of mutual respect to shreds. Its an "us VS them" mentality because of what the Television tells people to do/believe/feel/think.
No. "I" do think that. I just don't know if its me being stuck in my ways or if its really causing what I think it is. I hate to speak in absolutes because I have been wrong about things. I thought our generation would be the first to live below the means of the previous generation. I was wildly wrong about that one. This generation may rise up and find a solution to the way that news is reported. Hell, they might have already done that and i don't know it. I doubt they watch the 6 pm or 10 pm news. They probably don't get any news from tv or radio.
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

Flumper wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:02 pm
allwhitemeat wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:41 pm

No. "I" do think that. I just don't know if its me being stuck in my ways or if its really causing what I think it is. I hate to speak in absolutes because I have been wrong about things. I thought our generation would be the first to live below the means of the previous generation. I was wildly wrong about that one. This generation may rise up and find a solution to the way that news is reported. Hell, they might have already done that and i don't know it. I doubt they watch the 6 pm or 10 pm news. They probably don't get any news from tv or radio.
the bias in news isn't just on the 6pm news and most people don't bother to watch it. The bias in news in in the sum total of digital services. Tweets from politicians, facebook outrage at things that were normal for "your politicians" during the last election but are now a sign of total depravity of the "other guy". People getting their "news" from talk shows, celebrity tweets, govt officials twitter/Instagram accounts. Radio, television, digital print. The concept of journalism is dead. We used to present the unbiased facts and let the public decide how they feel. Now we tell people how they feel and misrepresent the "facts" so much that its little more than biased propaganda, all to make sure they feel the outrage the powers that be want you to feel. Im old enough to remember when everyone on the left spectrum in facebook wanted to DOXX and punch a 16 year old kid in the face for wearing a red hat and smiling but if you point out how unhinged Greta appears and devoid from reality her political rhetoric is (even compared to her own lifestyle choices, very Al Gore do as I say not as I do) and everyone is like "omg, she a kid. you are a monster"

if you identify as a democrat or republican you are pretty much set in your ways and not going to be flexible on issue of the day. it is what it is. But the moderates are watching the fiasco of modern politics and we have much better memories than the media would like to believe.

agenda driven journalism has created whole generations of political zealots who cant or refuse to consider the broad implications of any issue. Instead we have knee jerk, programmed responses. People don't even know they are doing it and when you ask them WHY they feel the way they do, they cant explain it, get irate and demand you quit harassing them. Cognitive dissonance at its finest.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Could not agree any more strongly than I can with flumper's and allwhitemeat's last few comments. If there was a general trend over the years toward a more liberal bent, it could be overlooked. But that this is a bought, paid for agenda driven concerted (Soros) effort is beyond dispute. Real journalists like Walter Cronkite, Murrow, Brinkley etc actually put their life on the line covering stories- front line WWII, Walter on several bombing raids over Germany, endless examples. I think I read 20 years ago the best description of the 4th system of govt (journalism) as being the "immune system of democracy". I think that's true and it's way past time to realize it's infected right to the bone with cancer. Owners better get out the surgical knives or face extinction. Probably already too late.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Fucking retard babble
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Partisan reporting is not gonna get any better; its just gonna get worse as these outlets play to the publics confirmation bias. Clicks and ratings generate the $$$ so outlets will (logically) play to their bases to generate more clicks and viewers and thus more advertising revenue. Its not about being fair its about keeping themselves afloat.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

When I watch CNN I pretty much see reporters reporting facts and truths. When I watch FOX I see outright lying and untruths. Now maybe CNN may seem to favor liberals but I think it's just that Republicans are such outrageous lying pieces of shit they just cant help but call them out on it.
I blame Biker.