Finally energized my new(no autoplay videos please)

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Finally energized my new

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:38 pm
I wasn't saying I didn't believe you. I just find it hard to believe that by adding $50,000 + (like adding a room) onto your house, your insurance wouldn't go up. You also have a nice day.
2 things I would add. First, I have never (EVER) heard an insurance company jump at a chance to raise rates if they had a semi legitimate reason. Adding a $50,000 item onto a house seems a more than ideal situation to do just that. I would think the annual premium would go up by at least $200.

Second, I would think that the company that you have the loan to would require that the whole system be insured as long as you have not yet finished paying for it. There's no way a bank would lend you money to buy a house and then not require you to insure it. In fact, I would think that the solar panel company would want an indemnification clause that excludes them from any liability (in case one of the panels falls off the roof and kills someone).
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:45 pm
I wasn't saying I didn't believe you. I just find it hard to believe that by adding $50,000 + (like adding a room) onto your house, your insurance wouldn't go up. You also have a nice day.
2 things I would add. First, I have never (EVER) heard an insurance company jump at a chance to raise rates if they had a semi legitimate reason. Adding a $50,000 item onto a house seems a more than ideal situation to do just that. I would think the annual premium would go up by at least $200.

Second, I would think that the company that you have the loan to would require that the whole system be insured as long as you have not yet finished paying for it. There's no way a bank would lend you money to buy a house and then not require you to insure it. In fact, I would think that the solar panel company would want an indemnification clause that excludes them from any liability (in case one of the panels falls off the roof and kills someone).
Yeah, that's all I was saying. The whole solar- insurance thing doesn't add up. But he did say he had an endorsement, though which would cover it.
necronomous
Official UJR Trolling Czar

Post by necronomous »

So basically how it works through our insurance is based off the amount of coverage available. So we cover individual items. Or house as a whole. We can increase to cover the solar panels and home in the event of total loss but we don't have to. The loan was taken because the amount we are insured for would cover the cost of the panels. We can stay at the payment we are at and it doesn't add a dime, or we can add coverage to include more. Basically it's the total loss you have to be wary of. I'm not sure if all others do that, but that's how ours works.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:35 pm

So basically how it works through our insurance is based off the amount of coverage available. So we cover individual items. Or house as a whole. We can increase to cover the solar panels and home in the event of total loss but we don't have to. The loan was taken because the amount we are insured for would cover the cost of the panels. We can stay at the payment we are at and it doesn't add a dime, or we can add coverage to include more. Basically it's the total loss you have to be wary of. I'm not sure if all others do that, but that's how ours works.
Yeah, I'm not sure either. Because around here you have to insure for "replacement value" not appraised value. So its always going up. And if you add anything onto your home, then the replacement cost just goes up, regardless of whether it really adds any value to the place or not. its one part of insurance (among many) that i fucking hate.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Homeowners policies vary even within a single insurance company. Mine has a total loss cap AND limits on individual groups of items. Several years ago I was burgled. I then found there was a limit on cash, jewellery, guns. At a review a few years later I learnt my insurance covers the roof in a non pro rated basis and newer policies didn't offer that.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:06 pm Homeowners policies vary even within a single insurance company. Mine has a total loss cap AND limits on individual groups of items. Several years ago I was burgled. I then found there was a limit on cash, jewellery, guns. At a review a few years later I learnt my insurance covers the roof in a non pro rated basis and newer policies didn't offer that.
if i have learned one thing over the years, you only REALLY understand what your insurance covers once you file a claim. Then its real easy for them to explain what is and isn't covered. Prior to that, though, they can't seem to explain anything.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Flumper wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:12 pm
Antknot wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:06 pm Homeowners policies vary even within a single insurance company. Mine has a total loss cap AND limits on individual groups of items. Several years ago I was burgled. I then found there was a limit on cash, jewellery, guns. At a review a few years later I learnt my insurance covers the roof in a non pro rated basis and newer policies didn't offer that.
if i have learned one thing over the years, you only REALLY understand what your insurance covers once you file a claim. Then its real easy for them to explain what is and isn't covered. Prior to that, though, they can't seem to explain anything.
My wife works for the insurance agency that we get our insurance through. She set up the policies on what the could and could not do. Then she tested them to make sure what was requested worked. Now she writes the programs to make all this happen. My agent, I think doesn't like her, because she knows his job better.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

necronomous wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:40 pm My wife works for the insurance agency that we get our insurance through. She set up the policies on what the could and could not do. Then she tested them to make sure what was requested worked. Now she writes the programs to make all this happen. My agent, I think doesn't like her, because she knows his job better.
that's probably about the only arrangement where i would trust what you have been told. any nudes of this so called "wife" of yours?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

necronomous wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:40 pm
My wife works for the insurance agency that we get our insurance through. She set up the policies on what the could and could not do. Then she tested them to make sure what was requested worked. Now she writes the programs to make all this happen. My agent, I think doesn't like her, because she knows his job better.
So your wife is in actuarial science? Impressive, that was a major offered at my college and allegedly it pays well.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:57 pm
So your wife is in actuarial science? Impressive, that was a major offered at my college and allegedly it pays well.
She had the opportunity to go that route, but through some missteps, missed it. She is a statistics major and genetics minor. She went IT writing the coding for the websites that deal with all the policies. Before she was a policy analyst. Project development. Tested policies, taught people how to enter policies and records. She knows her job really well.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

necronomous wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:41 pm
She had the opportunity to go that route, but through some missteps, missed it. She is a statistics major and genetics minor. She went IT writing the coding for the websites that deal with all the policies. Before she was a policy analyst. Project development. Tested policies, taught people how to enter policies and records. She knows her job really well.
Oh. Impressive. All that brain power and great breasts included. You married well Necro.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Flumper wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:45 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:40 pm My wife works for the insurance agency that we get our insurance through. She set up the policies on what the could and could not do. Then she tested them to make sure what was requested worked. Now she writes the programs to make all this happen. My agent, I think doesn't like her, because she knows his job better.
that's probably about the only arrangement where i would trust what you have been told. any nudes of this so called "wife" of yours?
Yes. Vince can testify.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:43 pm
necronomous wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:41 pm
Oh. Impressive. All that brain power and great breasts included. You married well Necro.
Thanks
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

The problem with solar panels is the lack of recyclable materials. They have a limited lifespan, a steep cost with a long repayment, and then they go in a landfill.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Quick update. Activated in January. Have not paid for electricity since. Paid the first hookup fee(standard monthly for just being connected to the grid since no batteries yet) of 16$ this month. So far so good.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

necronomous wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:01 am Quick update. Activated in January. Have not paid for electricity since. Paid the first hookup fee(standard monthly for just being connected to the grid since no batteries yet) of 16$ this month. So far so good.
"Quick Update" from an almost 2 year old thread?. Well done Sir, Well done indeed. .
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:36 am
necronomous wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:01 am Quick update. Activated in January. Have not paid for electricity since. Paid the first hookup fee(standard monthly for just being connected to the grid since no batteries yet) of 16$ this month. So far so good.
"Quick Update" from an almost 2 year old thread?. Well done Sir, Well done indeed. .
Dec last year, is 2 years for you?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

necronomous wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:17 am
The 2nd 6-pack will be back to explain the math. :lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

2 YEARS!!!!
I blame Biker.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

megman wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:28 am
necronomous wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:17 am
The 2nd 6-pack will be back to explain the math. :lol:
He's the smartest man on the board. Leave him alone.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Stapes wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:52 am 2 YEARS!!!!
I'm just not sure about the math.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

Got some about 10 years back, they've already paid for themselves but only due to government subsidies here on the power sold back to the grid.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

That was a brutal bill you were paying. No doubt you will be glad you went as you did. I left the biz because the lies and other deceptive tools I had to use to get folks to close in a couple hours we’re eating my soul. The company’s work was tip-top. Never, ever a complaint. We were just double what other companies charged for the same equipment.

Did you go with micro-inverters?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

AnalHamster wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:53 am Got some about 10 years back, they've already paid for themselves but only due to government subsidies here on the power sold back to the grid.
I'm getting a total of 16k back from the gov. and I got 5k from the electric company.
necronomous

Post by necronomous »

Charliesheen wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 3:31 pm
That was a brutal bill you were paying. No doubt you will be glad you went as you did. I left the biz because the lies and other deceptive tools I had to use to get folks to close in a couple hours we’re eating my soul. The company’s work was tip-top. Never, ever a complaint. We were just double what other companies charged for the same equipment.

Did you go with micro-inverters?
No I don't believe so. If I remember the way they explain it, it's in the box on the side of the house.