Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
Post Reply
User avatar
BigRedRetard
El Jefe
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#201

Post by BigRedRetard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm

FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm
DiverTexas wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 pm
I heard that as well, warm weather seems to kill off the virus.
At danger of making this political, I think that "fact" came from Trump.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... oronavirus
No sir. Trump is repeating what scientists are saying. The virus will return next winter. Just like the flu.

User avatar
FSchmertz
Cant Stop Watching His Avatar
Posts: 2833
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#202

Post by FSchmertz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm

BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm
DiverTexas wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 pm
I heard that as well, warm weather seems to kill off the virus.
At danger of making this political, I think that "fact" came from Trump.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... oronavirus
No sir. Trump is repeating what scientists are saying. The virus will return next winter. Just like the flu.
Nice to be certain about a virus we know next to nothing about yet.

We used to think you couldn't transmit it person to person.

Then we thought even if you could, it wouldn't happen easily.

Then we thought that it had next to no incubation period before you had symptoms, and you couldn't transmit it 'til then.

Imagine what we might know tomorrow, or next year?

Unwise to spout stuff with certainty until we get more information.

P.S. But science and evaluation of same never seemed a strength of his.

User avatar
BigRedRetard
El Jefe
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#203

Post by BigRedRetard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm

FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm
DiverTexas wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 pm
I heard that as well, warm weather seems to kill off the virus.
At danger of making this political, I think that "fact" came from Trump.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... oronavirus
No sir. Trump is repeating what scientists are saying. The virus will return next winter. Just like the flu.
Nice to be certain about a virus we know next to nothing about yet.

We used to think you couldn't transmit it person to person.

Then we thought even if you could, it wouldn't happen easily.

Then we thought that it had next to no incubation period before you had symptoms, and you couldn't transmit it 'til then.

Imagine what we might know tomorrow, or next year?

Unwise to spout stuff with certainty until we get more information.

P.S. But science and evaluation of same never seemed a strength of his.
Scientists are basing this on what they already know about existing coronavirus

https://fortune.com/2020/02/10/coronavi ... er-winter/

User avatar
FSchmertz
Cant Stop Watching His Avatar
Posts: 2833
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#204

Post by FSchmertz » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 pm

BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm
DiverTexas wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 pm
I heard that as well, warm weather seems to kill off the virus.
At danger of making this political, I think that "fact" came from Trump.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... oronavirus
No sir. Trump is repeating what scientists are saying. The virus will return next winter. Just like the flu.
Nice to be certain about a virus we know next to nothing about yet.

We used to think you couldn't transmit it person to person.

Then we thought even if you could, it wouldn't happen easily.

Then we thought that it had next to no incubation period before you had symptoms, and you couldn't transmit it 'til then.

Imagine what we might know tomorrow, or next year?

Unwise to spout stuff with certainty until we get more information.

P.S. But science and evaluation of same never seemed a strength of his.
Scientists are basing this on what they already know about existing coronavirus

https://fortune.com/2020/02/10/coronavi ... er-winter/
You really should read what you post
Meanwhile, Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease and Policy at the University of Minnesota, says it's premature to count on warmer weather impacting this coronavirus' trajectory.

"A lot of people assume that because the SARS epidemic ended in the summer," he says. "We have no idea if that was a coincidence of not. That just may have happened to be the time we controlled it."
So there's lots of doubt, even among experts. So gubmit folks shouldn't issue proclamations.

But folks will hear what they want to hear.

P.S. I hope they're right, maybe it'll give time to create a vaccine?

User avatar
BigRedRetard
El Jefe
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#205

Post by BigRedRetard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:21 pm

FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm
DiverTexas wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:51 pm
I heard that as well, warm weather seems to kill off the virus.
At danger of making this political, I think that "fact" came from Trump.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... oronavirus
No sir. Trump is repeating what scientists are saying. The virus will return next winter. Just like the flu.
Nice to be certain about a virus we know next to nothing about yet.

We used to think you couldn't transmit it person to person.

Then we thought even if you could, it wouldn't happen easily.

Then we thought that it had next to no incubation period before you had symptoms, and you couldn't transmit it 'til then.

Imagine what we might know tomorrow, or next year?

Unwise to spout stuff with certainty until we get more information.

P.S. But science and evaluation of same never seemed a strength of his.
Scientists are basing this on what they already know about existing coronavirus

https://fortune.com/2020/02/10/coronavi ... er-winter/
You really should read what you post
Meanwhile, Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease and Policy at the University of Minnesota, says it's premature to count on warmer weather impacting this coronavirus' trajectory.

"A lot of people assume that because the SARS epidemic ended in the summer," he says. "We have no idea if that was a coincidence of not. That just may have happened to be the time we controlled it."
So there's lots of doubt, even among experts. So gubmit folks shouldn't issue proclamations.

But folks will hear what they want to hear.

P.S. I hope they're right, maybe it'll give time to create a vaccine?
And you should really read what Trump said.

especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone

User avatar
Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Location: Port St Lucie former Dirty Jerzey

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#206

Post by Stapes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:30 pm

BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:21 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:52 pm
At danger of making this political, I think that "fact" came from Trump.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/we ... oronavirus
No sir. Trump is repeating what scientists are saying. The virus will return next winter. Just like the flu.
Nice to be certain about a virus we know next to nothing about yet.

We used to think you couldn't transmit it person to person.

Then we thought even if you could, it wouldn't happen easily.

Then we thought that it had next to no incubation period before you had symptoms, and you couldn't transmit it 'til then.

Imagine what we might know tomorrow, or next year?

Unwise to spout stuff with certainty until we get more information.

P.S. But science and evaluation of same never seemed a strength of his.
Scientists are basing this on what they already know about existing coronavirus

https://fortune.com/2020/02/10/coronavi ... er-winter/
You really should read what you post
Meanwhile, Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease and Policy at the University of Minnesota, says it's premature to count on warmer weather impacting this coronavirus' trajectory.

"A lot of people assume that because the SARS epidemic ended in the summer," he says. "We have no idea if that was a coincidence of not. That just may have happened to be the time we controlled it."
So there's lots of doubt, even among experts. So gubmit folks shouldn't issue proclamations.

But folks will hear what they want to hear.

P.S. I hope they're right, maybe it'll give time to create a vaccine?
And you should really read what Trump said.

especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone

Trump is an illiterate moron. Who in God's name would listen to anything he says

User avatar
BigRedRetard
El Jefe
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#207

Post by BigRedRetard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:34 pm

Stapes wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:30 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:21 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:18 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:12 pm
FSchmertz wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:01 pm
BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:58 pm


No sir. Trump is repeating what scientists are saying. The virus will return next winter. Just like the flu.
Nice to be certain about a virus we know next to nothing about yet.

We used to think you couldn't transmit it person to person.

Then we thought even if you could, it wouldn't happen easily.

Then we thought that it had next to no incubation period before you had symptoms, and you couldn't transmit it 'til then.

Imagine what we might know tomorrow, or next year?

Unwise to spout stuff with certainty until we get more information.

P.S. But science and evaluation of same never seemed a strength of his.
Scientists are basing this on what they already know about existing coronavirus

https://fortune.com/2020/02/10/coronavi ... er-winter/
You really should read what you post
Meanwhile, Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease and Policy at the University of Minnesota, says it's premature to count on warmer weather impacting this coronavirus' trajectory.

"A lot of people assume that because the SARS epidemic ended in the summer," he says. "We have no idea if that was a coincidence of not. That just may have happened to be the time we controlled it."
So there's lots of doubt, even among experts. So gubmit folks shouldn't issue proclamations.

But folks will hear what they want to hear.

P.S. I hope they're right, maybe it'll give time to create a vaccine?
And you should really read what Trump said.

especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone

Trump is an illiterate moron. Who in God's name would listen to anything he says
Apparently FSmertz and Dandydon.

User avatar
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#208

Post by allwhitemeat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:35 pm

maybe im a bit of a conspiracy theorist who just has a healthy sense of disbelief when it comes to governments, but does anyone wonder if the coronavirus has anything to do with the HIV resistant CRISPR babies made in China from 2018 that everyone has forgotten about. China is trying to use gene introduction technonolgy to make super humans, regardless of what they are telling the world. editing the genes of babies so they are born smarter, with better immune systems, less allergies etc. Pretty sure I saw this episode on Star Trek TNG, and the immune systems of the genetically altered babies responded to a normal virus, mutating it and making it deathly lethal for the un-augmented humans.

I heard reports that China was vaccinating millions of people in early December with an vaccine of unknown purpose, and then The Kung Flu suddenly appeared.

Yes, it sounds crazy, but its also exactly what people feared would happen when you start tinkering with the human immune system. Viruses are different than other organisms, they break themselves down and rebuild themselves based on your body's reaction to the virus, its what a Retro Virus is. And its only a matter of time before a virus meets with the right person to then create a mutated version of itself that NOBODY has a defense against.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"

User avatar
Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy
Posts: 6364
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:50 pm
Location: Port St Lucie former Dirty Jerzey

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#209

Post by Stapes » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:45 pm

I wouldn't put anything past the Chinese government. They consider people as disposable as fried rats and bats.

User avatar
BigRedRetard
El Jefe
Posts: 2388
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#210

Post by BigRedRetard » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm

Stapes wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:45 pm
I wouldn't put anything past the Chinese government. They consider people as disposable as fried rats and bats.
If the Chinese are eating the babies then he may be on to something.

User avatar
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:03 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#211

Post by allwhitemeat » Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:56 pm

BigRedRetard wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:47 pm
Stapes wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:45 pm
I wouldn't put anything past the Chinese government. They consider people as disposable as fried rats and bats.
If the Chinese are eating the babies then he may be on to something.
ive actually heard they do eat the babies, or parts of them. crazy culture
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"

Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#212

Post by Antknot » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:27 pm

There are 200 in / around Atlanta being monitored. No actual cases but they had travelled to China.

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 3508
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Halfway between the Equator and the North Pole

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#213

Post by megman » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:16 pm

No peak in sight as China reports 5,000 new coronavirus cases

https://news.trust.org/item/20200214061006-7fbtb

“Some people ask ‘why’ to determine a motive, I ask ‘why’ because I don’t believe there’s any logical reason to do anything.”
-Nietzsche on the habits of road crossing chickens

User avatar
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:29 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#214

Post by hawkfan8812 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 pm

Being in the southern Hemisphere, isn't China in the middle of summer currently? Or maybe they are not southern Hemisphere? I don't have a globe near me.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 17852
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#215

Post by CaptQuint » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:44 pm

hawkfan8812 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 pm
Being in the southern Hemisphere, isn't China in the middle of summer currently? Or maybe they are not southern Hemisphere? I don't have a globe near me.
It's the same season it is here, winter
““You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed” “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu"." President Donald John Trump 3/19/2020

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 8823
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#216

Post by Flumper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:00 pm

hawkfan8812 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 pm
Being in the southern Hemisphere, isn't China in the middle of summer currently? Or maybe they are not southern Hemisphere? I don't have a globe near me.
southern hemisphere? are you serious?

Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:30 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#217

Post by Antknot » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:03 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:00 pm
hawkfan8812 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 pm
Being in the southern Hemisphere, isn't China in the middle of summer currently? Or maybe they are not southern Hemisphere? I don't have a globe near me.
southern hemisphere? are you serious?
Misspelled sober?

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 17852
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#218

Post by CaptQuint » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 pm

Beijing is roughly the same latitude as San Francisco
““You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed” “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu"." President Donald John Trump 3/19/2020

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 8823
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#219

Post by Flumper » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:55 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 pm
Beijing is roughly the same latitude as San Francisco
its an understandable mistake. since i think there are two asian islands that are in the southern hemisphere. Neither of which are the most populous country on the planet.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 17852
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#220

Post by CaptQuint » Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:56 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:55 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 pm
Beijing is roughly the same latitude as San Francisco
its an understandable mistake. since i think there are two asian islands that are in the southern hemisphere. Neither of which are the most populous country on the planet.
Are you sure? Maybe they're just out of town.
““You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed” “And so that’s a very tricky one. That’s a very delicate one. It’s also more deadly than even your strenuous flu"." President Donald John Trump 3/19/2020

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#221

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:22 pm

Biker wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 pm
Not the Coronavirus but the strain of flu hitting N Texas is a cunt. On my ass past two day
You're not drinking enough whiskey. Put a little honey in there too. Step it up. :lol:

User avatar
FSchmertz
Cant Stop Watching His Avatar
Posts: 2833
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#222

Post by FSchmertz » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:29 pm

Biker wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 pm
Not the Coronavirus but the strain of flu hitting N Texas is a cunt. On my ass past two day
The kids are getting B Victoria, but most likely you've got A 2009 H1N1 Pandemic, which is overtaking Flu B now.

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#223

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:36 pm

I never got the Flu in my life, and I've never gotten a Flu shot. But then again, I'm not a pussy. :lol: Maybe when I get a bit older and my immunity system weakens a bit I'll get the shot.

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 8823
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#224

Post by Flumper » Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 pm

It looks to me like the corona virus has pretty much stopped spreading.

User avatar
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.
Posts: 5716
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#225

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:31 am

Flumper wrote:
Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 pm
It looks to me like the corona virus has pretty much stopped spreading.
What I can't believe is how many people caught it on that boat quarantined in Japan. That was like a breeding ground for the virus. I'm not planning to go on a cruise ship any time in the near future.

Post Reply