Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

megman
Nanook of the North

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by megman »

No peak in sight as China reports 5,000 new coronavirus cases

https://news.trust.org/item/20200214061006-7fbtb
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

Being in the southern Hemisphere, isn't China in the middle of summer currently? Or maybe they are not southern Hemisphere? I don't have a globe near me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 pm Being in the southern Hemisphere, isn't China in the middle of summer currently? Or maybe they are not southern Hemisphere? I don't have a globe near me.
It's the same season it is here, winter
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:37 pm Being in the southern Hemisphere, isn't China in the middle of summer currently? Or maybe they are not southern Hemisphere? I don't have a globe near me.
southern hemisphere? are you serious?
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Flumper wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:00 pm
southern hemisphere? are you serious?
Misspelled sober?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Beijing is roughly the same latitude as San Francisco
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 pm Beijing is roughly the same latitude as San Francisco
its an understandable mistake. since i think there are two asian islands that are in the southern hemisphere. Neither of which are the most populous country on the planet.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:55 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:37 pm Beijing is roughly the same latitude as San Francisco
its an understandable mistake. since i think there are two asian islands that are in the southern hemisphere. Neither of which are the most populous country on the planet.
Are you sure? Maybe they're just out of town.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Biker wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 pm Not the Coronavirus but the strain of flu hitting N Texas is a cunt. On my ass past two day
You're not drinking enough whiskey. Put a little honey in there too. Step it up. :lol:
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Biker wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:02 pm Not the Coronavirus but the strain of flu hitting N Texas is a cunt. On my ass past two day
The kids are getting B Victoria, but most likely you've got A 2009 H1N1 Pandemic, which is overtaking Flu B now.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

I never got the Flu in my life, and I've never gotten a Flu shot. But then again, I'm not a pussy. :lol: Maybe when I get a bit older and my immunity system weakens a bit I'll get the shot.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

It looks to me like the corona virus has pretty much stopped spreading.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Flumper wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 pm It looks to me like the corona virus has pretty much stopped spreading.
What I can't believe is how many people caught it on that boat quarantined in Japan. That was like a breeding ground for the virus. I'm not planning to go on a cruise ship any time in the near future.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:31 am
Flumper wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 pm It looks to me like the corona virus has pretty much stopped spreading.
What I can't believe is how many people caught it on that boat quarantined in Japan. That was like a breeding ground for the virus. I'm not planning to go on a cruise ship any time in the near future.
I heard someone talking about that virus the other day. They were talking about how it is transmitted and what they have learned, blah blah blah. Anyway, she said that the one thing that is really unusual is how easily it is transmitted from person to person. Not through inhaling (masks don't work), but simply through contact (touching) or cross contact (touching something another person has touched). She basically said that its the most aggressive she has ever seen in terms of that method of contamination.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

the news the last few days is going apeshit about the spread of Coronovirus. Like its getting out of China and going global, etc. If you look at this chart that we have all been following since it started, the new cases have dropped to only about 1,000 a day. Which is a HUGE drop in the curve.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:00 pm the news the last few days is going apeshit about the spread of Coronovirus. Like its getting out of China and going global, etc. If you look at this chart that we have all been following since it started, the new cases have dropped to only about 1,000 a day. Which is a HUGE drop in the curve.
From what I've read, the medical experts are saying that as Spring arrives with warm weather, it's supposed to drop drastically and dramatically. That seems counter to my thinking but I guess virus's like Yellow Fever and Malaria (not really virus) go dormant in the Winter and explode in warm weather only because the carrier's are mosquitoes.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:06 pm
Flumper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:00 pm the news the last few days is going apeshit about the spread of Coronovirus. Like its getting out of China and going global, etc. If you look at this chart that we have all been following since it started, the new cases have dropped to only about 1,000 a day. Which is a HUGE drop in the curve.
From what I've read, the medical experts are saying that as Spring arrives with warm weather, it's supposed to drop drastically and dramatically. That seems counter to my thinking but I guess virus's like Yellow Fever and Malaria (not really virus) go dormant in the Winter and explode in warm weather only because the carrier's are mosquitoes.
think "flu".
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:12 pm
think "flu".
Yeah, I was thinking that, too. Just wonder why some virus's are active in cold weather and some in warm weather. Wouldn't seem to matter since they all affect warm blooded creatures with self controlled internal temps. I believe I shall now go and "Google".
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:19 pm
think "flu".
Yeah, I was thinking that, too. Just wonder why some virus's are active in cold weather and some in warm weather. Wouldn't seem to matter since they all affect warm blooded creatures with self controlled internal temps. I believe I shall now go and "Google".
i think for these flu strains it has something to do with humidity. colder air is much drier and that's what they thrive in.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:23 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:19 pm
think "flu".
i think for these flu strains it has something to do with humidity. colder air is much drier and that's what they thrive in.
OK, that is correct. They had always thought it was things like people being stuck indoors together or less sunlight means less Vitamin D- less immune system, things like that. Colder air is much drier than warm. 2 things. When an infected person sneezes (for example), they eject the viruses. In warmer moist air they clump together and usually just fall to the ground. In drier air, they separate to individuals and can float in the air for hours or days. Second, in drier air, the outer "skin" of the viruses are hard which allows it penetrate the host more easily and fight off immune systems. In moist air, the outer "skin" liquifies (sp) making it much harder to do those 2 things.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

I'll just leave this here....

https://www.wired.com/2009/05/iceplague/
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

My lungs aren't the greatest after 20 years of crawling around in insulated attics and dust. Not sure I would survive a real serious pandemic
I blame Biker.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Stapes wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:59 pm My lungs aren't the greatest after 20 years of crawling around in insulated attics and dust. Not sure I would survive a real serious pandemic
dibs on your record player.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Flumper wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:33 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:31 am
I heard someone talking about that virus the other day. They were talking about how it is transmitted and what they have learned, blah blah blah. Anyway, she said that the one thing that is really unusual is how easily it is transmitted from person to person. Not through inhaling (masks don't work), but simply through contact (touching) or cross contact (touching something another person has touched). She basically said that its the most aggressive she has ever seen in terms of that method of contamination.
After following this for a while and reading a lot of the news about it that sounds to be right. The problem is how extremely contagious this virus is.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

With all the World wide concern and fear about this Chinese virus outbreak, can you imagine the reaction to the Great 1918-20 Influenza Pandemic (Spanish Flu). After 4 years of World War with 10's of millions dead, it struck. Estimated 500 million infected- almost 30% of the World population. Death toll estimates range from 50 million to possibly 100 million all within 24 months before it vanished forever. American death toll was almost 700,000. What made it especially scary was that instead of the usual pattern of most influenza's victims being children, elderly, people in poor health.etc- this one was deadly to the young, prime of life, perfectly healthy part of the population. They still don't know why.