Wuhan Coronavirus

The forum for all things New Jersey! Maybe for those in Iraan TX. And boobs.
FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts, think about it.

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:21 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

8-TrackJones
Forum God

Post by 8-TrackJones » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:41 am

Klaatu ......Varada .......Ncoughcoughcough.........Necktie.........Nickel.....

Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:45 am

Nice....……………………...and now that song is in my head.
Not in the a.m. bro.

nerd_alert
Forum God

Post by nerd_alert » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:03 am

A couple tips if your stores have been hit hard by panic buyers.

a) Have an Amazon Prime membership? Don't forget about Amazon Prime Now. Free 2 hour delivery. Most of the fresh stuff comes from Whole Foods.

b) Anywhere near a Restaurant Depot? Most of the restaurant supply stores are not moving much product since the restaurants are selling nearly as much food. They are stocked. If you have a business/tax ID, you can get a free membership. Don't have that? Sign up for the Kansas City BBQ Society (been a member for 3 years). I don't care one shit about the KCBS, but for $40/yr I can print out 1 day passes and get access to RD. Mostly bulk stuff similar to Costco/BJ's/Sams but usually cheaper. Access to stuff I've never seen in other stores. Food, restaurant cookware supplies, tp, cleaners, etc.

Just some suggestions, I'm not twisting your arm. Maybe it helps you out.

allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:10 am

Biker wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:16 pm
Is there any doubt that this attention seeking cunt will come back with a negative test result? BTW, not a bad room considering

She just got back from Mexico a week ago. So, this entitled cunt travels internationally, within the last two weeks, with the world and US literally locking down over this pandemic. For a vacation. And is now all "I have covid. I am high risk, I just got back from traveling internationally and they won't test meeeee!!!". I don't know if that's irony but she's certainly not very self aware or has any sense of accountability. And the hospital most definitely would have tested her if she had actual covid symptoms.

All she had was a stomach infection, I had the same thing years ago. Vomiting, diarrhea. Severe stomach pain. Dehydrated Elevated wbc count like I had too I bet. But NO COUGH NO SINUS issues. She's probably has or is about to get diverticulitis too as a result of it. I had it within a month of being hospitalized for an abdominal infection like she described. Felt more like food poisoning than anything. Id say she's an attention whore but that's like saying water is wet

But after being in the hospital, she probably has it now anyway. And that room looks pretty standard at my local hospital. My mom had a seizure and was in a nearly identical room in the main section of the hospital. Not some isolation ward

And also, has anyone heard from Who?
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"

Whackov
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Whackov » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:00 am

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:49 pm

This really doesn't mean anything, but it might put things a little more in perspective for people.

Right now the United States is leading the world in cases of Coronavirus with 86,000 cases. 1300 deaths. The US population is 327 million.

If you look at the most common European countries, here's how they stack up:

Italy, population 60 million, cases 80,000, deaths 8200
Spain, population 47 million, cases 64,000, deaths 4900
Germany, population 83 million, cases 49,000, deaths 304 (wow)
France, population 66 million, cases 30,000, deaths 1700
The Great briton, population 65 million, cases 15,000 (lol), deaths 761

So, add that up and you have a population of 321 million. Total Cases = 238,000. Deaths = 15,900

Compared to the United states population of 327 million. Total Cases = 86,000. Deaths = 1,300

And, if you overlay those countries (same scale) on top of the Continental US (not including alaska, etc) it looks like this.

Biker
Not really a democrat

Post by Biker » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:59 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:49 pm
This really doesn't mean anything, but it might put things a little more in perspective for people.

Right now the United States is leading the world in cases of Coronavirus with 86,000 cases. 1300 deaths. The US population is 327 million.

If you look at the most common European countries, here's how they stack up:

Italy, population 60 million, cases 80,000, deaths 8200
Spain, population 47 million, cases 64,000, deaths 4900
Germany, population 83 million, cases 49,000, deaths 304 (wow)
France, population 66 million, cases 30,000, deaths 1700
The Great briton, population 65 million, cases 15,000 (lol), deaths 761

So, add that up and you have a population of 321 million. Total Cases = 238,000. Deaths = 15,900

Compared to the United states population of 327 million. Total Cases = 86,000. Deaths = 1,300

And, if you overlay those countries (same scale) on top of the Continental US (not including alaska, etc) it looks like this.
Which makes China's claim of 81k cases seem like utter bullshit, no?

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:04 pm

Biker wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:59 pm

Which makes China's claim of 81k cases seem like utter bullshit, no?
honestly, i don't really know how you respond to China's numbers. On one hand I think they are lying and hiding and covering up a whole lot of what happened. but on another hand I think that is probably impossible in today's world. The doctors that first leaked this out back in December did it on facebook or something similar. In a country that size, if there were thousands of people dying of this then it would have leaked out by now.

Having said that, it is also a communist country. And because of that they have the ability to perform monumental methods of isolation, quarantine, etc. Its probably a combination of both.

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:16 pm

If you overlay the province in China that had most of the cases (Hubei, this is where Wuhan is located). They had 68,000 cases in that one province. This is a scale map overlayed onto the United States.

B-Tender

Post by B-Tender » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:07 pm

I extremely skeptical of any numbers I read, including from the US. There's obviously a exponential amount of people who are infected compared to documented cases. The death numbers are likely closer to the truth, although likely still skewed.

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:33 pm

B-Tender wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:07 pm
I extremely skeptical of any numbers I read, including from the US. There's obviously a exponential amount of people who are infected compared to documented cases. The death numbers are likely closer to the truth, although likely still skewed.
how can you have exponential number of cases that are not reported (tested) and then trust the death numbers? The two numbers are tracking at about the expected rate in relation to each other.

If we had an exponential number of cases that are unreported, then our death numbers would be stupidly low.

B-Tender

Post by B-Tender » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:38 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:33 pm
B-Tender wrote:
how can you have exponential number of cases that are not reported (tested) and then trust the death numbers? The two numbers are tracking at about the expected rate in relation to each other.

If we had an exponential number of cases that are unreported, then our death numbers would be stupidly low.
I think only the most severe cases are being documented.

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:43 pm

B-Tender wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:38 pm
Flumper wrote:
B-Tender wrote:

I think only the most severe cases are being documented.
well, you would be mistaken, but... everyone has what they want to believe.

Reservoir Dog
Nailed him back in HS
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Trending...

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:06 pm

Flumper wrote:
B-Tender wrote:

There are reports of people testing positive who have no symptoms or have minor symptoms. Given the limited availability of tests, there are likely people who had corona but were never confirmed, thus the significant under reporting of infections. The death numbers are going to be more accurate because a death is much more likely to be reported since someone will notice and report that someone is dead.
wut?

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:10 pm

Wut wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:06 pm
Flumper wrote:
B-Tender wrote:

There are reports of people testing positive who have no symptoms or have minor symptoms. Given the limited availability of tests, there are likely people who had corona but were never confirmed, thus the significant under reporting of infections. The death numbers are going to be more accurate because a death is much more likely to be reported since someone will notice and report that someone is dead.
wow, really?

I get it. The death numbers are accurate because dead people are easy to spot.

the thing is, the number of active cases are pretty accurate because we know what the death rate is and we know the number of dead people and fortunately there are people that know how to do math.

So, if the death rate is around 1.3% and you have 1,000 people dead, then you would expect to have around 77,000 people that are infected.

If, on the otherhand, you have 1400 people dead (like we do in the united states) then you would expect to have around 107,000 people infected. Now, you tell me what you think the number of infected people probably is?

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:14 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:10 pm
Wut wrote:
Flumper wrote:
B-Tender wrote:

wow, really?

the thing is, the number of active cases are pretty accurate because we know what the death rate is and we know the number of dead people and fortunately there are people that know how to do math.

So, if the death rate is around 1.3% and you have 1,000 people dead, then you would expect to have around 77,000 people that are infected.

If, on the otherhand, you have 1400 people dead (like we do in the united states) then you would expect to have around 107,000 people infected. Now, you tell me what you think the number of infected people probably is?
But we don’t know what the death rate is, we know what the rate of deaths are compared to the reported cases. Without knowing an accurate infection rate, we can’t have an accurate death rate.
wut?

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:15 pm

Wut wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:14 pm
Flumper wrote:
Wut wrote:
Flumper wrote:
B-Tender wrote:

wow, really?

But we don’t know what the death rate is, we know what the rate of deaths are compared to the reported cases. Without knowing an accurate infection rate, we can’t have an accurate death rate.
ok

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:15 pm
Wut wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:14 pm
Flumper wrote:
Wut wrote:
Flumper wrote:
B-Tender wrote:

wow, really?

ok
Is that a sarcastic ok or an acknowledgement of understanding, I can’t tell.
wut?

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:20 pm

Wut wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 pm

its an okay as if to say that you aren't going to listen.

Use S Korea as your example. They have got their spread under control for the most part and the statistics out of there are pretty much complete.

They have a death rate around 1.2%. And they are being heralded as having the best control over the death rate of any country that has faced this disease. I'm guessing that you think that we have somehow surpassed their ability to keep people alive.

Nero
Forum God

Post by Nero » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Now, this just got real. I've got tickets for 9/16.

RAMMSTEIN Singer TILL LINDEMANN In ICU With COVID-19

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ramms ... -covid-19/

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:45 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:20 pm
Wut wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 pm

its an okay as if to say that you aren't going to listen.

Use S Korea as your example. They have got their spread under control for the most part and the statistics out of there are pretty much complete.

They have a death rate around 1.2%. And they are being heralded as having the best control over the death rate of any country that has faced this disease. I'm guessing that you think that we have somehow surpassed their ability to keep people alive.
Not at all, what I am saying is that they can’t know how many people were actually infected there. They have a death rate of 1.2 % of confirmed cases. They have a population of 51 million and have tested 350k. Given that there are asymptomatic people who have the disease, and people who have mild symptoms that may not have been tested, the actual infection rate is not accurate and the actual death rate is therefore not accurate. They may have a better statistical base for projections but they don’t have a reliable statistical foundation for accurate analysis because the total number of infections is unknown.

I also don’t think you can extrapolate the results and in South Korea to the US because of differing testing rates, possibly differing parameters for testing, varying quality of care for those infected, and a different general health of the population. If anything, I’d suspect a higher death rate in the US since we’re a bunch of fat fucks and we have the health issues that make one more at risk for death from corona.
wut?

Biker
Not really a democrat

Post by Biker » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:55 pm

Nero wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm
Now, this just got real. I've got tickets for 9/16.

RAMMSTEIN Singer TILL LINDEMANN In ICU With COVID-19

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ramms ... -covid-19/
The 57-year-old Till, who was originally in critical condition, is now said to be feeling better and his life is no longer in danger.
Looks like the gig may still be a go

Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:05 pm

969 deaths in one day in Italy.
Not in the a.m. bro.