Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by Wut »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:05 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:00 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:58 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:58 pm
Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat.

The project, launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development in 2009, identified 1,200 different viruses that had the potential to erupt into pandemics, including more than 160 novel coronaviruses. The initiative, called PREDICT, also trained and supported staff in 60 foreign laboratories — including the Wuhan lab that identified SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-admini ... 08840.html
The US is still doing a damn good job.
Compared to what?

Certainly we could have done better?
Compared to Italy, Spain, UK.

Edit: Don't include NY.
Why would you not include New York?
wut?
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

necronomous wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:26 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:41 pm People reporting illegal activity that threatens public health? How Nazi like! Fucking loser.
They thinks so too
https://news.trust.org/item/20200402160625-8y12u
It's an interesting read and right up the alley of what I was thinking. It was amazing how excited people were locally to be able to turn people into the police. As the article mentions, part of that is settling grudges.

It really isn't all that shocking that Cap is the person to rush to support this sort of activity.
Last edited by beagleboy on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:45 pm
Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:42 pm

By what metric? Testing is months late and still unavailable and still being only used sparingly. all these manufacturers and all these websites that were going to come online still haven't produced a thing as promised. these hospital ships that supposedly we're going to help out they've only had fifteen patients on the one in California and only 20 in New York and they are refusing to tteat coronavirus victims and a host of other things. It is a shitshow. Stop believing Trump's little mini rallies that he's having everyday.
you realize that the medical ships in LA and NY are only there to treat NON-coronavirus cases, right? The government put them there so hospitals "could" move people out that did NOT have covid-19 so they would have room for the covid patients. If there are only 15 patients on one of them, then wouldn't you look at that as a good sign? The hospitals don't need the room yet?

You must have been misinformed.

Ignorance is bliss I guess. It's just another failure of execution of this administration's efforts and yet instead of being exasperated by their incompetence you run to their defense. Don't you expect a little more from the people running this country? Maybe if they hadn't gutted those "deep state" civil servants and administrators who had decades of experience there would be better management of this situation

The ship's low intake is partly attributable to strict restrictions over the way patients are admitted on board, the fact the Comfort isn't allowing 49 other ailments, and the lack of non-coronavirus patients in the city so far.

Not only are the ships NOT taking coronavirus patients but also 49 other ailments. Now there will be repercussions and the trump idiots will gather together and go " oh we fucked up this doesn't look good" and they will have another policy change. Its a fucking comedy.

One hospital director told The Times the Comfort's mission was "a joke" because it wasn't helping in a meaningful way.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 pm Ignorance is bliss I guess. It's just another failure of execution of this administration's efforts and yet instead of being exasperated by their incompetence you run to their defense. Don't you expect a little more from the people running this country? Maybe if they hadn't gutted those "deep state" civil servants and administrators who had decades of experience there would be better management of this situation

The ship's low intake is partly attributable to strict restrictions over the way patients are admitted on board, the fact the Comfort isn't allowing 49 other ailments, and the lack of non-coronavirus patients in the city so far.

Not only are the ships NOT taking coronavirus patients but also 49 other ailments. Now there will be repercussions and the trump idiots will gather together and go " oh we fucked up this doesn't look good" and they will have another policy change. Its a fucking comedy.

One hospital director told The Times the Comfort's mission was "a joke" because it wasn't helping in a meaningful way.

look, trust me, i know how much you hate trump. I am not coming to anyone's defense. I just know (because I heard it said from people's mouths) that the ship was being sent to NY (and LA) to serve as a place to put patients that need hospital care but DON'T have Covid 19. Not to treat for Covid 19. It was simply sent there to help clear out anyone in hospitals that needed whatever medical attention that boat could provide.

if you need me to put any of that in caps, let me know.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:07 pm
Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 pm Ignorance is bliss I guess. It's just another failure of execution of this administration's efforts and yet instead of being exasperated by their incompetence you run to their defense. Don't you expect a little more from the people running this country? Maybe if they hadn't gutted those "deep state" civil servants and administrators who had decades of experience there would be better management of this situation

look, trust me, i know how much you hate trump. I am not coming to anyone's defense. I just know (because I heard it said from people's mouths) that the ship was being sent to NY (and LA) to serve as a place to put patients that need hospital care but DON'T have Covid 19. Not to treat for Covid 19. It was simply sent there to help clear out anyone in hospitals that needed whatever medical attention that boat could provide.

and yet they still aren't doing anything and NYC emergency rooms are overflowing
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:09 pm
and yet they still aren't doing anything and NYC emergency rooms are overflowing
what do you want? Do you want Trump to come to NY and carry each patient out to the boat? How far do you expect the Fed government to go?

I'm pretty stupid, but if a medical boat sits there ready to accept patients and none are being sent there, then they aren't needed.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:13 pm
what do you want? Do you want Trump to come to NY and carry each patient out to the boat? How far do you expect the Fed government to go?

I'm pretty stupid, but if a medical boat sits there ready to accept patients and none are being sent there, then they aren't needed.
man your dumb.
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 pm man your dumb.
* you're
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

:lol:
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Flumper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm
* you're

Talk to text you hillbilly.....lol
I blame Biker.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Federal government is not the front lines. NYC collects more than enough in taxes, as does the state. Admit they fucked up, big-time. When you stop doing your orange man is shit thing, some of your powers of reasoning may return.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:18 pm
Flumper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:15 pm
* you're

Talk to text you hillbilly.....lol
Cumo basically said today in his presser that his hospitals are pretty much Covid-19 only right now. With the city shut down he said they aren't seeing hardly any trauma patients (car wrecks, crimes, etc). So, its pretty easy to see why the ship isn't a top priority right at this moment. But, if something happened, its there. I know preparing in advance is something you only complain about if it isn't done, but try to understand.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Wut wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:28 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:05 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:00 pm
BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:58 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:58 pm
Two months before the novel coronavirus is thought to have begun its deadly advance in Wuhan, China, the Trump administration ended a $200-million pandemic early-warning program aimed at training scientists in China and other countries to detect and respond to such a threat.

The project, launched by the U.S. Agency for International Development in 2009, identified 1,200 different viruses that had the potential to erupt into pandemics, including more than 160 novel coronaviruses. The initiative, called PREDICT, also trained and supported staff in 60 foreign laboratories — including the Wuhan lab that identified SARS-CoV-2, the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-admini ... 08840.html
The US is still doing a damn good job.
Compared to what?

Certainly we could have done better?
Compared to Italy, Spain, UK.

Edit: Don't include NY.
Why would you not include New York?
Because Trump said not to
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:18 pm

Federal government is not the front lines. NYC collects more than enough in taxes, as does the state. Admit they fucked up, big-time. When you stop doing your orange man is shit thing, some of your powers of reasoning may return.

That is exactly the Federal Government's job.....it is a national emergency...…...Do you tell cities that are wrecked by a hurricane your on your own.....you should have been better prepared? Stop being a little Jared Kushner robot
I blame Biker.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Charliesheen wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:18 pm

The fed is there for large scale response to localized emergency needs.

Maybe the locals did fuck up, I have no idea, but the fed is the backup to the local and state.
wut?
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:04 pm
Flumper wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:45 pm
Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:42 pm

By what metric? Testing is months late and still unavailable and still being only used sparingly. all these manufacturers and all these websites that were going to come online still haven't produced a thing as promised. these hospital ships that supposedly we're going to help out they've only had fifteen patients on the one in California and only 20 in New York and they are refusing to tteat coronavirus victims and a host of other things. It is a shitshow. Stop believing Trump's little mini rallies that he's having everyday.
you realize that the medical ships in LA and NY are only there to treat NON-coronavirus cases, right? The government put them there so hospitals "could" move people out that did NOT have covid-19 so they would have room for the covid patients. If there are only 15 patients on one of them, then wouldn't you look at that as a good sign? The hospitals don't need the room yet?

You must have been misinformed.

Ignorance is bliss I guess. It's just another failure of execution of this administration's efforts and yet instead of being exasperated by their incompetence you run to their defense. Don't you expect a little more from the people running this country? Maybe if they hadn't gutted those "deep state" civil servants and administrators who had decades of experience there would be better management of this situation

https://www.businessinsider.nl/usns-com ... ed-2020-4/
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Orange man bad!
No matter what. This is all you need to know.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes

Post by Stapes »

We've become no better than Russian, Iran, North Korea, China.

This little cunt Kushner

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/0 ... rks-163181

Strategic National Stockpile description altered online after Kushner's remarks

The official government webpage for the Strategic National Stockpile was altered Friday to seemingly reflect a controversial description of the emergency repository that White House adviser Jared Kushner offered at a news conference Thursday evening.

According to a brief online summary on the Department of Health and Human Services website, the stockpile's role "is to supplement state and local supplies during public health emergencies. Many states have products stockpiled, as well."

But just hours earlier, the text characterized the stockpile as the "nation's largest supply of life-saving pharmaceuticals and medical supplies for use in a public health emergency severe enough to cause local supplies to run out."

The previous language stated that when "state, local, tribal, and territorial responders request federal assistance to support their response efforts, the stockpile ensures that the right medicines and supplies get to those who need them most during an emergency."

Also stripped from the new summary is a sentence that affirmed the stockpile "contains enough supplies to respond to multiple large-scale emergencies simultaneously."

"The notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile. It's not supposed to be states' stockpiles that they then use," he said. "So we're encouraging the states to make sure that they're assessing the needs, they're getting the data from their local situations, and then trying to fill it with the supplies that we've given them."
The revisions come after Kushner argued at the White House coronavirus task force press briefing Thursday that the stockpile's reserves are the property of the federal government, not the states.

I blame Biker.
Gérard Duval
Forum Regular

Post by Gérard Duval »

UJ should consider starting a board where people can post their political bullshit instead of cluttering up everything in GD.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Gérard Duval wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:05 pm UJ should consider starting a board where people can post their political bullshit instead of cluttering up everything in GD.
QD/BRR TAKE BACK YOUR SITE!
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:10 pm
Gérard Duval wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:05 pm UJ should consider starting a board where people can post their political bullshit instead of cluttering up everything in GD.
QD/BRR TAKE BACK YOUR SITE!
I DEMAND TO KNOW WHO TURNED ME ORANGE
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:01 pm "The notion of the federal stockpile was it's supposed to be our stockpile. It's not supposed to be states' stockpiles that they then use," he said. "So we're encouraging the states to make sure that they're assessing the needs, they're getting the data from their local situations, and then trying to fill it with the supplies that we've given them."
The revisions come after Kushner argued at the White House coronavirus task force press briefing Thursday that the stockpile's reserves are the property of the federal government, not the states.

rewording sentences to end up basically saying the same thing is a big deal for you, isn't it?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

It is virus related. You could just not follow the thread and not participate......kind of like you do 99% of the time anyway.

If the MODS want than move the thread to POL.
I blame Biker.