Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by B-Tender »

My local bar and grill is shut down for minimum 3 weeks. God doesn't want me to drink.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

B-Tender wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 pm My local bar and grill is shut down for minimum 3 weeks. God doesn't want me to drink.
i don't think the drive thru beer barns here in texas ever had to close. i'm pretty sure they were deemed essential.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:44 pm
B-Tender wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:42 pm My local bar and grill is shut down for minimum 3 weeks. God doesn't want me to drink.
i don't think the drive thru beer barns here in texas ever had to close. i'm pretty sure they were deemed essential.
Yeah, I'm working mostly in an office alone all day. Getting out a couple times week to talk to people in person is good for me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Beer distributors were deemed essential and never closed. Bars are open and were packed all last weekend. I did not attend.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 pm
Please all of you remember me saying this; it's a hoax.
wut?
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

No, its real and its always been real. I just think, and we are seeing it now, that the death rates are not climbing in sync with the increased cases. In other words we are definitely seeing an increase in cases yet the number of deaths is remaining constant or slowing. Granted, this may all change in a week or two but the data now, as far as deaths are concerned, is promising.

U.S. Coronavirus Cases Are Rising Sharply, but Deaths Are Still Down
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/03/heal ... sting.html
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 pm
Flumper wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 pmits a hoax.
Now that made me chuckle
I blame Biker.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:39 pmPlease quote where I said its a hoax.
:lol:
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:20 pm No, its real and its always been real. I just think, and we are seeing it now, that the death rates are not climbing in sync with the increased cases. In other words we are definitely seeing an increase in cases yet the number of deaths is remaining constant or slowing. Granted, this may all change in a week or two but the data now, as far as deaths are concerned, is promising.

I think it may be a lagging indicator though.

Folks that die can linger in ICUs for weeks, like that actor did.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

my partner told me today that when this employee gets out of the hospital and feels up to it that he's going to take him to get an antibody test and prove to all of us that no one has this virus and the hospitals are only putting people in rooms to get the money from the government.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:20 pm No, its real and its always been real. I just think, and we are seeing it now, that the death rates are not climbing in sync with the increased cases. In other words we are definitely seeing an increase in cases yet the number of deaths is remaining constant or slowing. Granted, this may all change in a week or two but the data now, as far as deaths are concerned, is promising.

yeah, the death numbers lag the postive case numbers by around 2-3 weeks. or at least that's what they were doing back in march/april. but these new numbers, this 2nd wave, are not acting anything like what happened in march. Texas has been climbing most all of the month of June and yet is still only at 10,000 cases a day. that's an increase for sure, but nothing like what NY and those other states were experiencing.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:38 am
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:14 am

yeah, the death numbers lag the postive case numbers by around 2-3 weeks. or at least that's what they were doing back in march/april. but these new numbers, this 2nd wave, are not acting anything like what happened in march. Texas has been climbing most all of the month of June and yet is still only at 10,000 cases a day. that's an increase for sure, but nothing like what NY and those other states were experiencing.
Hopefully, one of the things it may indicate is they're getting better at treating it. One thing they seem to have found out is you want to do everything you can to avoid ventilators. They probably used them too aggressively early on, resulting in unnecessary deaths.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:36 am my partner told me today that when this employee gets out of the hospital and feels up to it that he's going to take him to get an antibody test and prove to all of us that no one has this virus and the hospitals are only putting people in rooms to get the money from the government.
;) :P

I think it takes a while to produce antibodies afterwards, and the tests aren't so great yet (they're still testing them to see how accurate they are).

Maybe they can persuade the guy to donate his plasma. It seems to help folks that are still in recovery.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:47 am
Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:36 am my partner told me today that when this employee gets out of the hospital and feels up to it that he's going to take him to get an antibody test and prove to all of us that no one has this virus and the hospitals are only putting people in rooms to get the money from the government.

I think it takes a while to produce antibodies afterwards, and the tests aren't so great yet (they're still testing them to see how accurate they are).

Maybe they can persuade the guy to donate his plasma. It seems to help folks that are still in recovery.
They're going to fire this poor bastard for faking Covid19 and drag him through the fields.
I blame Biker.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Stapes wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:40 pm
CHEEZY17 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:41 pm
Now that made me chuckle
Babu Bhatt. Easily one of the most underrated Seinfeld characters.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

BigRedRetard wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:57 pm
Stapes wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:05 am
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:47 am

They're going to fire this poor bastard for faking Covid19 and drag him through the fields.
I was tested on Monday. I have had symptoms since last Tuesday. I will let you all know the results once I get them.
This thing seems to have lots of symptoms. If you don't mind, could you describe what yours are? :?:
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:02 pmThis thing seems to have lots of symptoms. If you don't mind, could you describe what yours are? :?:
^This is no bullshit. The list of symptoms is basically a list of every possible thing a person could feel. Its ripe for a hypochondriac.

I did finally find a place that will do a live virus test (about 5 min from my office) and get the results in 3 days. I am sending someone there today to get a test just to see how it works. $145 cash. Its a nasal swab.

And, thanks to everyone for all of the ideas. That was very helpful and may still be options if this place doesn't turn out like described. Next on my list is the mail in thing, if this doesn't work.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Got my spit test back today. Still negative.

I was a little concerned because I had a slight sore throat. I guess it was due to exposures from my job (I seem to be getting sensitive to fuel oil, after 30 years?)

P.S. And thanks for the info BRR, and glad you seem to be getting better
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm Got my spit test back today. Still negative.

I was a little concerned because I had a slight sore throat. I guess it was due to exposures from my job (I seem to be getting sensitive to fuel oil, after 30 years?)

i don't know what yall's air quality has been like (Don't know what part of the states you are in), but a shit ton of people down here have had sore throats from all the saharan dust and allergies in the air this year (mostly in the past few weeks). I haven't heard the term "sore throat" more that I have in the last week or 2.

not like strep throat sore. just kind of sore, like its on the way to that. at least that's how everyone has described it. i guess its getting so much attention since everyone assumes its covid.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Flumper wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:52 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:37 pm Got my spit test back today. Still negative.

i don't know what yall's air quality has been like (Don't know what part of the states you are in), but a shit ton of people down here have had sore throats from all the saharan dust and allergies in the air this year (mostly in the past few weeks). I haven't heard the term "sore throat" more that I have in the last week or 2.

not like strep throat sore. just kind of sore, like its on the way to that. at least that's how everyone has described it. i guess its getting so much attention since everyone assumes its covid.
This is the first time I have ever heard about Saharan Dust. Is this something you guys deal with every year?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:36 pm
Burn1dwn wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:35 pm

This is the first time I have ever heard about Saharan Dust. Is this something you guys deal with every year?
It has been all over the news. A major dust storm was carried across the Atlantic. I do not think it is common.

https://scitechdaily.com/godzilla-dust- ... e-station/
Its common but varies in intensity with this year being worse than usual.
wut?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

BigRedRetard wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:46 pm
Wut wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:45 pm

It has been all over the news. A major dust storm was carried across the Atlantic. I do not think it is common.

Its common but varies in intensity with this year being worse than usual.
Is it hitting where you are?
Not noticeably. We were possibly going to get some more colorful sunsets but I didn't notice it.

I did learn recently that Bermuda's dirt is partly an accumulation of saharan dust over millions of years.
wut?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Wow. That is crazy. Cool link.
Winds routinely drive clouds of Saharan dust out of West Africa and across the Atlantic Ocean in the summer. But the intensity and extent of a plume that departed Africa in June 2020 was so great that it had internet meme-makers buzzing about a “Godzilla” dust cloud.
Just weird that never heard of it until this year and I took 3 geology courses in college.