Wuhan Coronavirus

For all the MAGAt Trumpeteers and Lie-brul commies to post their wearisome screeds.
The board admins are not responsible for any items posted from Biker's FaceBook feed.

In memory of our lost political forum members. :cry:

Moderator: Biker

FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 pm With all the World wide concern and fear about this Chinese virus outbreak, can you imagine the reaction to the Great 1918-20 Influenza Pandemic (Spanish Flu). After 4 years of World War with 10's of millions dead, it struck. Estimated 500 million infected- almost 30% of the World population. Death toll estimates range from 50 million to possibly 100 million all within 24 months before it vanished forever. American death toll was almost 700,000. What made it especially scary was that instead of the usual pattern of most influenza's victims being children, elderly, people in poor health.etc- this one was deadly to the young, prime of life, perfectly healthy part of the population. They still don't know why.
You'll get the last laugh 'cause in bum fuck Texas you'll be the only place the virus doesn't strike. :lol:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I hear the Spanish are still pissed that the worst pandemic (by far) in World history has their name attached to it and they had nothing to do with it.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:42 pm I hear the Spanish are still pissed that the worst pandemic (by far) in World history has their name attached to it and they had nothing to do with it.
What's the beer you drink out there in Texas bro? Does it fend off the virus?
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 pm With all the World wide concern and fear about this Chinese virus outbreak, can you imagine the reaction to the Great 1918-20 Influenza Pandemic (Spanish Flu). After 4 years of World War with 10's of millions dead, it struck. Estimated 500 million infected- almost 30% of the World population. Death toll estimates range from 50 million to possibly 100 million all within 24 months before it vanished forever. American death toll was almost 700,000. What made it especially scary was that instead of the usual pattern of most influenza's victims being children, elderly, people in poor health.etc- this one was deadly to the young, prime of life, perfectly healthy part of the population. They still don't know why.
Mr._Peabody.png
)
wut?
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

well fuck. stock market is tanking over coronovirus stories and now the website dashboard that was tracking the shit is either down, crashed, or died.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:48 pm well fuck. stock market is tanking over coronovirus stories and now the website dashboard that was tracking the shit is either down, crashed, or died.
https://developer.here.com/coronavirus/
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

megman wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:53 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:48 pm well fuck. stock market is tanking over coronovirus stories and now the website dashboard that was tracking the shit is either down, crashed, or died.
Wow, thanks. I really suck at predicting stock market reactions to global problems. Just when this problem seems to be slowing WAY down, the stock market decides to use it as an excuse to tank. Either that or the Ratio of Chinese sick and dying to Italians sick is not a 1:1 thing.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

The strange thing I was reading.....and I admit I didn't go too far into it yet...…...is that some of these countries like Italy don't have a patient zero.....they cant pinpoint how the virus could possibly be there. If I was a conspiracy fan I would think this has been used as a weapon.
I blame Biker.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Stapes wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:58 pm The strange thing I was reading.....and I admit I didn't go too far into it yet...…...is that some of these countries like Italy don't have a patient zero.....they cant pinpoint how the virus could possibly be there. If I was a conspiracy fan I would think this has been used as a weapon.
12 monkeys
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Stapes wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:58 pm The strange thing I was reading.....and I admit I didn't go too far into it yet...…...is that some of these countries like Italy don't have a patient zero.....they cant pinpoint how the virus could possibly be there. If I was a conspiracy fan I would think this has been used as a weapon.
South Korea is getting hit hard.

And not one bit of information out of North Korea (no surprise). But, honestly, how is this affecting the people in N Korea?
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

^^ Clean up on aisle six!
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

QillerDaemon wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:00 pm ^^ Clean up on aisle six!
Wait until I'm done reading damn it! I'm practicing my gibberish. 8-)
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:37 pm

And not one bit of information out of North Korea (no surprise). But, honestly, how is this affecting the people in N Korea?
Well, considering a good portion of them are starving, if Coronavirus hits them it ain't gonna be good. Don't think their medical stuff is very good either.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:02 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Well, considering a good portion of them are starving, if Coronavirus hits them it ain't gonna be good. Don't think their medical stuff is very good either.
why wouldn't it be hitting them? I know they don't have a free border where people just come and go, but there have to be people going in and out on some level.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:02 pm
QillerDaemon wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:00 pm ^^ Clean up on aisle six!
Wait until I'm done reading damn it! I'm practicing my gibberish. 8-)
:lol:
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Biker wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:40 pm There's now talk about canceling or moving the 2020 Summer Olympics in Japan
By the time the summer olympics comes around I wouldn't be surprised if the pandemic reached practically every other viable country to hold it.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:23 pm
Wow, thanks. I really suck at predicting stock market reactions to global problems. Just when this problem seems to be slowing WAY down, the stock market decides to use it as an excuse to tank. Either that or the Ratio of Chinese sick and dying to Italians sick is not a 1:1 thing.
I saw that -700 dow future this morning. Probably because of Italy and S Korea. Read (don't know if true) that 50 have died in one city in Iran.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:42 pm
Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:23 pm
I saw that -700 dow future this morning. Probably because of Italy and S Korea. Read (don't know if true) that 50 have died in one city in Iran.
Yep. I predicted it and even posted a few days ago here to watch the market take a major hit. Unfortunately I'm not sure if it will only get worse and this relatively little hit is just the beginning.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

A CDC official today on the coronavirus: "We are asking the American public to prepare for the expectation that this might be bad."

People are talking now about the Olympics being canceled in Japan this summer. Seems silly since it is very fragile in warm weather.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wh ... G6_zoVX2EE

U.S. health officials issued a strong warning about novel coronavirus on Tuesday -- that it's no longer a matter of if, but when it will spread in the U.S., and that Americans should prepare for a "significant disruption."

Until now, health officials said they'd hoped to prevent community spread in the U.S. But following community transmissions in Italy, Iran and South Korea, health officials believe the virus may not be able to be contained at the border.

This comes in contrast to statements from the Trump administration. Acting DHS Secretary Chad Wolf said on Tuesday the threat to the U.S. from coronavirus "remains low," despite the White House seeking $1.25 billion in emergency funding to combat the virus.
Last edited by beagleboy on Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

This is a fun article.

Watch a sweaty spokesman spread the virus live on camera.

https://www.redstate.com/nick-arama/202 ... -briefing/
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Biker wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:54 pm So 78,000 cases in China with 2200 deaths. An overreaction, no?
Of course.

I expect the market to rally once people figure out that this pandemic is good for the economy. It's been shown to be primarily fatal to the elderly and sick people with weakened immunities, like drug addicts. These are people already taxing our healthcare system and getting social security handouts. Once we shed that 5% or so of the population we'll be better off. We should just let it run it's natural course and not quarantine anyone.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Biker wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:02 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:54 pm So 78,000 cases in China with 2200 deaths. An overreaction, no?
Of course.

I expect the market to rally once people figure out that this pandemic is good for the economy. It's been shown to be primarily fatal to the elderly and sick people with weakened immunities, like drug addicts. These are people already taxing our healthcare system and getting social security handouts. Once we shed that 5% or so of the population we'll be better off. We should just let it run it's natural course and not quarantine anyone.
Adolf?
We'll see what Trump comes up with. It will be a good test for him, especially now since his approval rating is at an alltime high. I think he'll do well.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Biker wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:15 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:14 pm
Biker wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:09 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:02 pm
Of course.

Adolf?
We'll see what Trump comes up with. It will be a good test for him, especially now since his approval rating is at an alltime high. I think he'll do well.
No, dipshit, youre the one that sounds like Hitler, for that was his thoughts as well
Well, I thought we were going to have an interesting discussion but once again you start with the name calling and make it a personal attack. Good job. :roll:
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

I thought mods were supposed to be good role models here. Unfortunately, I was sadly mistaken.