Wuhan Coronavirus

The most generally useful forum here. No flaming allowed.
Post Reply
User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#151

Post by Flumper » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:27 pm
it would be interesting to see a ground level time lapse of the construction. what was that, about 1 week from start to finish?

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#152

Post by CaptQuint » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:39 pm

Flumper wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:27 pm
it would be interesting to see a ground level time lapse of the construction. what was that, about 1 week from start to finish?
I heard 8 days
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#153

Post by Flumper » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:43 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:39 pm
Flumper wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:27 pm
it would be interesting to see a ground level time lapse of the construction. what was that, about 1 week from start to finish?
I heard 8 days
so, its basically a M*A*S*H unit?

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#154

Post by CaptQuint » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:47 pm

Flumper wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:43 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:39 pm
Flumper wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:38 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:27 pm
it would be interesting to see a ground level time lapse of the construction. what was that, about 1 week from start to finish?
I heard 8 days
so, its basically a M*A*S*H unit?
Yeah, but if any of the male doctors put on a dress they shoot them in the back of the head
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#155

Post by Flumper » Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:07 pm

HOLY SHIT! This thing just took a huge one day leap in confirmed one day cases. 24,613 cases now. Yesterday it was just over 20,000. Deaths are nearing 500 now (494). The graph of confirmed cases is back on a geometric growth curve. All the talk that this might not be as big as projected seem a little premature to me.

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#156

Post by Flumper » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 pm

I heard today that Cruise Line stocks (royal caribbean, carnival, etc) are dropping like JCW's panties at a corvette show. Apparently there are 2 (i think) cruise ships with Coronavirus flu outbreaks on them. They have people quarantined to their rooms and balconies and are delivering food to them by people with gloves and masks. The ships are just parked at sea.

User avatar
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen
Posts: 2418
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:11 pm
Location: Bermuda

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#157

Post by Wut » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:30 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 pm
I heard today that Cruise Line stocks (royal caribbean, carnival, etc) are dropping like JCW's panties at a corvette show. Apparently there are 2 (i think) cruise ships with Coronavirus flu outbreaks on them. They have people quarantined to their rooms and balconies and are delivering food to them by people with gloves and masks. The ships are just parked at sea.
I read about them. If you're in an inside room you're in solitary confinement basically.

One of the ships had spotty internet and that would suck.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#158

Post by CaptQuint » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:51 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 pm
I heard today that Cruise Line stocks (royal caribbean, carnival, etc) are dropping like JCW's panties at a corvette show. Apparently there are 2 (i think) cruise ships with Coronavirus flu outbreaks on them. They have people quarantined to their rooms and balconies and are delivering food to them by people with gloves and masks. The ships are just parked at sea.
Just received an email from Norwegian Cruise Lines offering me open bar free wifi and free excursion and 30% off a balcony room
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#159

Post by Flumper » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:51 pm
Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 pm
I heard today that Cruise Line stocks (royal caribbean, carnival, etc) are dropping like JCW's panties at a corvette show. Apparently there are 2 (i think) cruise ships with Coronavirus flu outbreaks on them. They have people quarantined to their rooms and balconies and are delivering food to them by people with gloves and masks. The ships are just parked at sea.
Just received an email from Norwegian Cruise Lines offering me open bar free wifi and free excursion and 30% off a balcony room
The rate those stocks had dropped today is either a severe buying opportunity or a suicide note from that industry. Carnival cruise lines is down to around $42 a share. That puts their dividend at over 4-1/2%. Its tempting. They look like a company that might get bought out at these numbers.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#160

Post by CaptQuint » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:01 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:51 pm
Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 pm
I heard today that Cruise Line stocks (royal caribbean, carnival, etc) are dropping like JCW's panties at a corvette show. Apparently there are 2 (i think) cruise ships with Coronavirus flu outbreaks on them. They have people quarantined to their rooms and balconies and are delivering food to them by people with gloves and masks. The ships are just parked at sea.
Just received an email from Norwegian Cruise Lines offering me open bar free wifi and free excursion and 30% off a balcony room
The rate those stocks had dropped today is either a severe buying opportunity or a suicide note from that industry. Carnival cruise lines is down to around $42 a share. That puts their dividend at over 4-1/2%. Its tempting. They look like a company that might get bought out at these numbers.
Carnival is low rent walmart crowd garbage scow, if Norwegian or Royal Caribbean tanks buy that
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#161

Post by Flumper » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:06 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:01 pm
Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:51 pm
Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 pm
I heard today that Cruise Line stocks (royal caribbean, carnival, etc) are dropping like JCW's panties at a corvette show. Apparently there are 2 (i think) cruise ships with Coronavirus flu outbreaks on them. They have people quarantined to their rooms and balconies and are delivering food to them by people with gloves and masks. The ships are just parked at sea.
Just received an email from Norwegian Cruise Lines offering me open bar free wifi and free excursion and 30% off a balcony room
The rate those stocks had dropped today is either a severe buying opportunity or a suicide note from that industry. Carnival cruise lines is down to around $42 a share. That puts their dividend at over 4-1/2%. Its tempting. They look like a company that might get bought out at these numbers.
Carnival is low rent walmart crowd garbage scow, if Norwegian or Royal Caribbean tanks buy that
they are all tanking today. but carnival has been in a down slide for quite some time now. "if" i was buying, it wouldn't be for how splendid Carnival is, it would simply be for the chance to make a profit (or a dividend) or both.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#162

Post by CaptQuint » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:16 pm

Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:06 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:01 pm
Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:59 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:51 pm
Flumper wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:21 pm
I heard today that Cruise Line stocks (royal caribbean, carnival, etc) are dropping like JCW's panties at a corvette show. Apparently there are 2 (i think) cruise ships with Coronavirus flu outbreaks on them. They have people quarantined to their rooms and balconies and are delivering food to them by people with gloves and masks. The ships are just parked at sea.
Just received an email from Norwegian Cruise Lines offering me open bar free wifi and free excursion and 30% off a balcony room
The rate those stocks had dropped today is either a severe buying opportunity or a suicide note from that industry. Carnival cruise lines is down to around $42 a share. That puts their dividend at over 4-1/2%. Its tempting. They look like a company that might get bought out at these numbers.
Carnival is low rent walmart crowd garbage scow, if Norwegian or Royal Caribbean tanks buy that
they are all tanking today. but carnival has been in a down slide for quite some time now. "if" i was buying, it wouldn't be for how splendid Carnival is, it would simply be for the chance to make a profit (or a dividend) or both.
If Carnival was smart they would scuttle those Chinese flu ships off the coast of China
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
Flumper
The Great Pretender
Posts: 3076
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#163

Post by Flumper » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:40 pm

if only 880 people would hurry up and die, the reporters could start reporting that "Thousands are dead".

User avatar
Biker
Not really a democrat
Posts: 5860
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:22 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#164

Post by Biker » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:04 pm

Image

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#165

Post by CaptQuint » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:23 pm

ALL HAIL THE WALKING DUDE

Image
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#166

Post by Burn1dwn » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm

Captain Trips! Cool drawing, from The Stand graphic novel or something?

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#167

Post by CaptQuint » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 pm

Burn1dwn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm
Captain Trips! Cool drawing, from The Stand graphic novel or something?
Link said fan art from the deviant art website
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#168

Post by Burn1dwn » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:06 pm

CaptQuint wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 pm
Burn1dwn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm
Captain Trips! Cool drawing, from The Stand graphic novel or something?
Link said fan art from the deviant art website
Cool. I remember having a version of the book with illustrations but they were different than that.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#169

Post by CaptQuint » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Burn1dwn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:06 pm
CaptQuint wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 pm
Burn1dwn wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:47 pm
Captain Trips! Cool drawing, from The Stand graphic novel or something?
Link said fan art from the deviant art website
Cool. I remember having a version of the book with illustrations but they were different than that.
I have 3 or 4 copies of The Stand, but not with color illustrations. I do have several variations of The Dark Tower books with color
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
FSchmertz
Cant Stop Watching His Avatar
Posts: 1350
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:37 am

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#170

Post by FSchmertz » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:27 pm

From post #97
FSchmertz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:46 pm
Image

Captain Trips?

Image

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#171

Post by megman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 pm

FSchmertz wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:27 pm
From post #97
FSchmertz wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:46 pm
Image

Captain Trips?

Image
This is the original cover.

Image
If you've been to Algonquin Park you'll be disappointed when you get to Heaven.

User avatar
Reservoir Dog
Nailed her back in High School
Posts: 3658
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#172

Post by Reservoir Dog » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:54 pm

megman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 pm
This is the original cover.

Image
Not exactly. The Stand came out years before Cujo and Creepshow.

User avatar
megman
Nanook of the North
Posts: 2275
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:37 pm
Location: Haliburton Highlands

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#173

Post by megman » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:54 pm
megman wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:47 pm
This is the original cover.

Image
Not exactly. The Stand came out years before Cujo and Creepshow.
No, I picked up a copy shortly after it came out and that was the cover sans cujo and creepshow. The art work was the same.
If you've been to Algonquin Park you'll be disappointed when you get to Heaven.

User avatar
CaptQuint
UJR Military Attaché
Posts: 11579
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:18 pm

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#174

Post by CaptQuint » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:00 pm

Image
Paid for by Mike Bloomberg 2020

User avatar
HighNDry
Needs to step away from the keyboard.
Posts: 1218
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:25 pm
Location: Definitely NOT in Ev's asshole

Re: Wuhan Coronavirus

#175

Post by HighNDry » Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:01 pm

How is The Stand? Worth reading?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg

Post Reply