Why did you choose your drink?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Why did you choose your drink?

Post by CaptQuint »

Daddy made whiskey and he made it well.
Cost two dollars and it burned like hell.
I cut hickory just to fire the still,
Drink down a bottle and be ready to kill.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

Deathproof wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:21 pm
Homebrew wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:54 pm
Deathproof wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:26 pm I chose bourbon because it's fucking delicious.
Agreed. Currently I'm on a Four Roses kick,but normally it's Makers Mark or Buffalo Trace.

Last year I tried some whitedog bourbon from Buffalo Trace,drank some and tried my hand at barrel aging a liter of it. It was interesting both ways.
Whitedog is good, I agree. But get some George T. Stagg if you get a chance. Holy fuck, there is nothing like it. Heaven in a bottle.
Or if you have five grand to spare, get a bottle of Michter's 25-year single barrel. Excellent.
Damn, $700.00 for the Stagg, and 5k for Mitchers?

So, just how does one go about starting a GoFundMe for booze??
What if it was one guy with six guns?
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

In terms of hard liquor drunk straight, that'd be for me either a good Irish or rye whiskey. Really not a fan of Scotch or bourbon. A well done and simple old fashioned is my usual go-to mixed drink, but only with rye. Serve me a bourbon old fashioned, you'll be wearing it.

But lately I've taken a fancy to cachaça, the Brazilian take on rum. And so that means the wonderfully refreshing caipirinha! Half a lime, two bar spoons of sugar and muddle, then 2oz of a good cachaça. Shake over ice, pour it all into a short bar glass, add a splash of soda. Daaaaaamn good! :rockout:
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
peterosehaircut
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by peterosehaircut »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:22 pm Vodka. When it's done right it's the perfect alcohol. It will mix with virtually anything.
Tito's is really good and is my go-to at the moment.
I have been on a big vodka and tonic with a splash of lime kick lately but the cheap stuff works just fine for that.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:10 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:22 pm Vodka. When it's done right it's the perfect alcohol. It will mix with virtually anything.
I have been on a big vodka and tonic with a splash of lime kick lately but the cheap stuff works just fine for that.
The cheap stuff gives me a headache. Have you tried keeping it in the freezer? If you havent give it a shot.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

Truth:

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

Why don't I just mix up a pitcher of Singapore Slings for you faggots?
You can take turns fitting the umbrellas into your peeholes.

edit: of course I'm talking straight alcohol. Mixed drinks didn't even occur to me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
VinceBordenIII
Loves swimmin' with bowlegged women!

Post by VinceBordenIII »

I pulled out an old bottle of boutique whiskey, only to find it had an unusually cold taste. Further inspection, I saw small bits of flotsam in the bottle. Realized one of the younglings had taken some and replaced it with tap water, probably years before. Too big to beat, at this point.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

VinceBordenIII wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:21 pm I pulled out an old bottle of boutique whiskey, only to find it had an unusually cold taste. Further inspection, I saw small bits of flotsam in the bottle. Realized one of the younglings had taken some and replaced it with tap water, probably years before. Too big to beat, at this point.
Yuenglings?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

For beers, I like most any Belgian variant - A Dubbel or a Tripel is great with mussels or in the winter, a cold Wit is so refreshing in the summer heat on the golf course. Off the shelf I'm happy with an Anchor Steam, Yuengling, or even a cold Bud at a ball game.

For liquor I like bourbon. I can drink Beam as easily as Four Roses. I like a great crafted shine, not the sugar and shorts swill most people get. I have some rye that is so smooth its amazing but comes in about 114.

I can drink wine, but its just not my fav drink.
peterosehaircut

CHEEZY17 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:31 pm
peterosehaircut wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:10 am
The cheap stuff gives me a headache. Have you tried keeping it in the freezer? If you havent give it a shot.
Yes the vodka is in the freezer, the rest is in the liquor cabinet.
My local grocery store sells a 1.75 of Barton vodka for $10, I've been drinking a lot of that.
Last edited by peterosehaircut on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Titos is my go to for a highball. For a martini I prefer Stoli Elit.
Last edited by B-Tender on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
AllThatIBleed
Forum Newbie

Post by AllThatIBleed »

Started on Mickeys 40 oz. took things way to far and started on Bacardi 151. Refined to Captains. Eventually Absolute Raspberry.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Titos is my go to for a highball. For a martini I prefer Stoli Elit.
Last edited by B-Tender on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
peterosehaircut

We heard you the first time!
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 am Image
Fuckin A.

Nero
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Nero »

My go to is Tequila Blanco. They are sweet and peppery and can be a great sipper.

Lately I’ve been getting more into bourbons and whisky. I developed a taste for it because a group that do business with are from Kentucky. Since they buy it, I drink it.

I’m also a big fan of vodka.

I’ll drink pretty much anything except gin. I hate fucking gin. Taste like drinking a pine tree. Fucking disgusting.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Nero wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 am My go to is Tequila Blanco. They are sweet and peppery and can be a great sipper.

Lately I’ve been getting more into bourbons and whisky. I developed a taste for it because a group that do business with are from Kentucky. Since they buy it, I drink it.

I’ll drink pretty much anything except gin. I hate fucking gin. Taste like drinking a pine tree. Fucking disgusting.
Agreed. Gin is fucking gross. I'd rather drink paint thinner.

I recently tried absinthe for the first time, with the slotted spoon and the sugar cube and all that shit. I didn't hallucinate or anything, but holy fuck did I love it. The color is off-putting, but it tastes wonderful.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

Flumper wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:33 pm
Deathproof wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:21 pm
Whitedog is good, I agree. But get some George T. Stagg if you get a chance. Holy fuck, there is nothing like it. Heaven in a bottle.
Or if you have five grand to spare, get a bottle of Michter's 25-year single barrel. Excellent.
Dude, one fucking bottle George T Stagg (750 ml) is $500. wtf? I have a hunting buddy (old friend) that loves Four Roses. I was thinking about getting him a bottle of this until i saw the price. fuck that guy.
You get what you pay for. $500 is a small price to pay for that kind of quality. Believe me, you will know where that money went.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:26 pm
Nero wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 am My go to is Tequila Blanco. They are sweet and peppery and can be a great sipper.

I recently tried absinthe for the first time, with the slotted spoon and the sugar cube and all that shit. I didn't hallucinate or anything, but holy fuck did I love it. The color is off-putting, but it tastes wonderful.
Needs Laudanum.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион

Post by Deathproof »

megman wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Needs Laudanum.
I don't know what that is.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Deathproof wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:54 pm
megman wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm

Needs Laudanum.
I don't know what that is.
Laudanum
Medication
Description
Laudanum is a tincture of opium containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight. Reddish-brown and extremely bitter, laudanum contains almost all of the opium alkaloids, including morphine and codeine. Wikipedia