Why did you choose your drink?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Re: Why did you choose your drink?

Post by Deathproof »

megman wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:10 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:54 pm
megman wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:43 pm
Deathproof wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:26 pm
Nero wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 am My go to is Tequila Blanco. They are sweet and peppery and can be a great sipper.

Lately I’ve been getting more into bourbons and whisky. I developed a taste for it because a group that do business with are from Kentucky. Since they buy it, I drink it.

I’m also a big fan of vodka.

I’ll drink pretty much anything except gin. I hate fucking gin. Taste like drinking a pine tree. Fucking disgusting.

I recently tried absinthe for the first time, with the slotted spoon and the sugar cube and all that shit. I didn't hallucinate or anything, but holy fuck did I love it. The color is off-putting, but it tastes wonderful.
Needs Laudanum.
I don't know what that is.
Laudanum
Medication
Description
Laudanum is a tincture of opium containing approximately 10% powdered opium by weight. Reddish-brown and extremely bitter, laudanum contains almost all of the opium alkaloids, including morphine and codeine. Wikipedia
Yeah, I'll pass. Why would anyone add that to a drink?
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Personal preferences:

Rum
Vodka
Tequila
Bourbon
Irish Whiskey
Absolutely, positively NO GIN.
Homebrew
Actually drinks Natty Lite.

Post by Homebrew »

I recently tried absinthe for the first time, with the slotted spoon and the sugar cube and all that shit. I didn't hallucinate or anything, but holy fuck did I love it. The color is off-putting, but it tastes wonderful.
I have been told that it tastes like anise/black licorice, is this true? If so, that would be a hard no for me, can't stand that shit.
What if it was one guy with six guns?
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Homebrew wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:48 pm

I have been told that it tastes like anise/black licorice, is this true? If so, that would be a hard no for me, can't stand that shit.
Like that, but slightly more herbal.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Nero wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 am
I hate fucking gin. Taste like drinking a pine tree. Fucking disgusting.
Too many big name London dry gin brands infuse way too much juniper, that's why you're getting the pine tree taste. I mean, it's what make it gin, but most London dry gins go overboard on the berries. Avoid London dry gins, go with an Old Tom style. Hayman's is the usual go-to brand for wonderful G&T's. For a sipping gin, Plymouth is the only choice, and quite a tasty one. The best London dry I've come across is France's Esme brand. Much less juniper, more cucumber, rose, and lime. You can make a nice G&T with this brand and not even worry about squeezing in a lime wedge.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

I like Hendrick's with a slice of cucumber or two.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

CaptQuint wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 am Image
that can't be your hand because its not hovering millimeters above a keyboard.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Nero wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:07 am My go to is Tequila Blanco. They are sweet and peppery and can be a great sipper.

Lately I’ve been getting more into bourbons and whisky. I developed a taste for it because a group that do business with are from Kentucky. Since they buy it, I drink it.

I’m also a big fan of vodka.

I’ll drink pretty much anything except gin. I hate fucking gin. Taste like drinking a pine tree. Fucking disgusting.
Agreed. Gin is fucking gross. I'd rather drink paint thinner.

Did your heart grow fonder?