Printer Ink extortion technology now in your Fridge

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Printer Ink extortion technology now in your Fridge

Post by DandyDon »

Goddamn scumbags to pull this shit.

For real, it’s an offer you CAN’T refuse. The offer: buy one of their RWPFE filters for $50 every six months, or they shut off your water. No ice, nothing unless you install an unfiltered bypass.

It can be hacked to work, but still... this is some bullshit.

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/hack-r ... ge-fridge/
Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Printer Ink extortion technology now in your Fridge

Post by Animal »

have you ever one time gone to get an oil change and not had a guy come in and tell you that you should probably have "____" replaced?

Honestly, I look at going to the doctor as the same thing. Those guys don't get paid unless they do something. sure they can charge for a "checkup", but there's no money in that. They have to do something, run some kind of test, or find something in order to get a bill going.

I never thought the "pay at the pump" idea would work for this same reason. How are they going to sell you anything inside, if you can get gas and leave without ever going inside?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Flumper wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:13 pm have you ever one time gone to get an oil change and not had a guy come in and tell you that you should probably have "____" replaced?

Honestly, I look at going to the doctor as the same thing. Those guys don't get paid unless they do something. sure they can charge for a "checkup", but there's no money in that. They have to do something, run some kind of test, or find something in order to get a bill going.

I never thought the "pay at the pump" idea would work for this same reason. How are they going to sell you anything inside, if you can get gas and leave without ever going inside?
My Doctor just reups my RX and sends me on my way
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Whackov
Christ, get a life already!

Post by Whackov »

Jeff Bezos is your friend. I buy our filters off of Amazon for a fraction of what the stores sell them for. Next day delivery with Prime.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Flumper wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:13 pm have you ever one time gone to get an oil change and not had a guy come in and tell you that you should probably have "____" replaced?

The "pay at the pump" idea was the best thing ever. It's nice to pull into a station out in bumfuck @ 2am when the store is closed and still pump gas.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Whackov wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:17 pm Jeff Bezos is your friend. I buy our filters off of Amazon for a fraction of what the stores sell them for. Next day delivery with Prime.
I do the same, but I'm not forced to every 6 months no matter how much water has been filtered.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

DandyDon wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:19 pm
Whackov wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:17 pm Jeff Bezos is your friend. I buy our filters off of Amazon for a fraction of what the stores sell them for. Next day delivery with Prime.
I do the same, but I'm not forced to every 6 months no matter how much water has been filtered.
So, are you saying that after you buy the refrigerator from them, they have the tech to cut off the water/ ice unless you buy a filter from them when they say?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:30 pm
So, are you saying that after you buy the refrigerator from them, they have the tech to cut off the water/ ice unless you buy a filter from them when they say?
Did you figure that out all by yourself?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:33 pm
STF retard- the question wasn't directed at you. Try to be less of an attention whore.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:37 pm
STF retard- the question wasn't directed at you. Try to be less of an attention whore.
You're a little bitch
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

DandyDon wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:18 pm

The "pay at the pump" idea was the best thing ever. It's nice to pull into a station out in bumfuck @ 2am when the store is closed and still pump gas.
I didn't say I didn't like pay at the pump, i simply said that i never thought the stations would accept it since it slowed the number of customers inside the door. they don't make much at all off the gas prices outside.
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

Fridge probably came with a bypass cap. Screws in where the filter screws in. Then you can have the same quality water we had growing up. Unfiltered tap water.

My mom filters her dogs water. Then it goes in the yard, pisses in the grass, comes inside and licks it's privates clean.

But it NEEDS that filtered water.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

That's a refrigerator I won't be buying any time soon. My well water is clear, clean and tasty as fuck. It doesn't need any filtration to begin with. It comes from the appalachian mountains in NW NJ.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Post by DandyDon »

Yes, if you read what I posted you would know this. I run a large commercial style filter (that is still cheaper than the fridge filter) behind my fridge to keep from having to replace the small expensive cartridge filter inside the fridge so often. I replace the fridge filter about once a year if it needs it or not, and the big one every cpl years.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:40 pm
You're a little bitch
Look we get it. You're stuck on your Pa hilltop buried in snow for months bored to tears. Roam UJR 16 hours a day with the fingertips inches above the keyboard. It makes you an attention whore and the question wasn't directed toward you.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:04 pm

You're a little bitch
Look we get it. You're stuck on your Pa hilltop buried in snow for months bored to tears. Roam UJR 16 hours a day with the fingertips inches above the keyboard. It makes you an attention whore and the question wasn't directed toward you.
you forgot to mention that he sits with his fingertips hovered millimeters over the......

oh, shit, nevermind. no you didn't.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Dumb motherfucker is like a broken record
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:07 pm Dumb motherfucker is like a broken record
Are you talking to yourself, again? Because that sounds like you. Get a life & stop bothering WTC you fucking stalker loser. It's ALWAYS YOU that starts shit with him, even when he's minded his own business. You are a miserable abusive fuck you asshole CQ.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

You're a little bitch
We?
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:11 pm

You're a little bitch
We?
Yeah, everyone else besides you. It makes sense, trust me.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:13 pm

You're a little bitch
We?
Everyone?
Start a poll.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:10 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:07 pm Dumb motherfucker is like a broken record
Are you talking to yourself, again? Because that sounds like you. Get a life & stop bothering WTC you fucking stalker loser. It's ALWAYS YOU that starts shit with him, even when he's minded his own business. You are a miserable abusive fuck you asshole CQ.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:15 pm
You're a little bitch
We?
Everyone?
Start a poll.
What, you want that loser CQ to fuck you up your gay ass? Is that what this is about?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:18 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:15 pm

You're a little bitch
We?
Everyone?
Start a poll.
What, you want that loser CQ to fuck you up your gay ass? Is that what this is about?
Can't back up your own words, huh? Figures.