So, I'm not getting the Super Bowl for the first time ever

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

DandyDon
Redneck Commie

Re: So, I'm not getting the Super Bowl for the first time ever

Post by DandyDon »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:15 pm Thought it was a financial dispute between Fox and Dish (my provider). Turns out Dish is squeezing some bum fuck company in Louisiana that controls 18 small- medium Dish markets including mine. After 15 years with Dish, they are toast, obviously. I need your opinions on moving forward from there- Maybe later. My immediate concern is the Super Bowl. I've focused on the 7 day free trial offer from YouTube-TV. Sign up and then never subscribe. Anyone have any other options?
Live close enough to enough other civilized folks that have an OTA Fox station. :D
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

The real question is, is he watching the Grammy's?
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

megman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:57 am The real question is, is he watching the Grammy's?
He's watching his granny gut an armadillo for tomorrows breakfast
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:57 am The real question is, is he watching the Grammy's?
Maybe 1983. Everything beyond is a blur. Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper "Swallow". just kill me now. Good Lord.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Smok44 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:08 am Image
Hey! I sent you that in confidence! How dare you post my entertainment center without permission!
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Nero
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Nero »

HighNDry wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am
Nero wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:20 pm Youtube TV. Sign up. get a free week and then cancel.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/
This is a good idea. But instead of doing this you should just kill yourself.
WTF? Am I affecting your youtube commission or am I getting caught in the WTC hate crossfire?
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

Nero wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:32 am
HighNDry wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:10 am
Nero wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:20 pm Youtube TV. Sign up. get a free week and then cancel.

https://tv.youtube.com/welcome/
This is a good idea. But instead of doing this you should just kill yourself.
WTF? Am I affecting your youtube commission or am I getting caught in the WTC hate crossfire?
You were definitely caught in the crossfire.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:10 am
Maybe 1983. Everything beyond is a blur. Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper "Swallow". just kill me now. Good Lord.
It's Shallow.

FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Hey WTC,
What do you use/plan for internet access? Just curious.
fouts
Forum God

Post by fouts »

I have Dish and there has never been lack for Fox local or Fox national. So you are not getting Dish directly but thru 'somebody else'. Explain how somebody else can intercept Dish signal then send it to you when the antennae pointed to Dish satellite directly. Doesn't make sense but maybe you can explain .
windrunner
Forum God

Post by windrunner »

I'll be watching the SB online for free. I don't really give a shit about the SB, but I suppose I'll watch it.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

windrunner wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:39 pm I'll be watching the SB online for free. I don't really give a shit about the SB, but I suppose I'll watch it.
And then leave a play-by-play for the internet SB impaired. :lol:
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

No one has offered the dishonest way to watch. Dish Betworh bases your local channels on your address. Just tell them you have moved to an area tha Fox is being carried. They will update your local channels.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Antknot wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 pm No one has offered the dishonest way to watch. Dish Betworh bases your local channels on your address. Just tell them you have moved to an area tha Fox is being carried. They will update your local channels.
So you can have an address that is one place and the bill is sent somewhere else?
jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

Is Slingtv with local channels an option? Or is there some station on slingtv that has the SB?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

He's gonna be so lonely drunk I don't see why he couldn't watch last years Super Bowl on youtube, samey same.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

fouts wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:35 pm I have Dish and there has never been lack for Fox local or Fox national. So you are not getting Dish directly but thru 'somebody else'. Explain how somebody else can intercept Dish signal then send it to you when the antennae pointed to Dish satellite directly. Doesn't make sense but maybe you can explain .
The local FOX affiliate is KPEJ. They are a part of an 18 small-medium markets from a small TV cable company in La (have no idea how that works that they provide) that has 18 stations serving the Fox customers for Dish. The pay/ contract dispute is between Dish and this dinky company. Has nothing to with Fox. The following is the press release from KPEJ's website. The format may be screwy/ Here's what you need to know
1. What’s happening?

KPEJ Fox 24 and DISH must renew the contract that allows the cable company to send our programming to you. KPEJ Fox 24 has presented our proposal for fair value compensation, based on the value our programming brings you. Thus far, DISH has refused our fair offer and failed to negotiate in a meaningful fashion.

2. What about the network programming KPEJ Fox 24 carries?

That too. Sports, prime time, morning shows, as well as our local news and our own shows. All our programming will be unavailable until a new contract is agreed.

3. What can I do?

We value your loyalty as a KPEJ Fox 24 viewer, and we feel it’s important to make you aware of this situation. More important, you pay to receive our programming, and it should not be denied to you.

Call DISH at 1-800-333-3474, remind them that you have options, and demand that DISH restore KPEJ Fox 24 uninterrupted in your cable package.

4. What are my options?

You can receive KPEJ Fox 24 using a good quality digital antenna, and not lose a moment of our shows. You can also explore offers from other providers, and you might find a much better deal – WITHOUT the frequent threats of interruptions you have faced as a DISH customer. EDIT- I'm just assuming that dinky Louisiana company carries nothing but Fox for Dish for all 18 markets. May just be Fox for mine, CBS for somebody else, etc. Have no idea that all works.
Last edited by WestTexasCrude on Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Marshall Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an American television broadcasting company that owns three full power television stations in Iowa, Louisiana and Texas. The company was founded on December 1, 2014 by Pluria Marshall, Jr. All three of its television stations are affiliated with Fox and are operated through shared services agreements by Nexstar Media Group

The company is owned by Pluria Marshall, Jr., who also owns Wave Community Newspapers, a group of African-American community newspapers in the Los Angeles region. Marshall had attempted to acquire stations in the 1990's and 2000's, but faced difficulties securing financing.[1]

In 2014, Nexstar Broadcasting Group acquired the stock of television operators Grant Broadcasting, Communications Corporation of America, and White Knight Broadcasting. Due to FCC ownership limits, Nexstar sold former Grant station KLJB in Davenport, Iowa, and former ComCorp stations KPEJ-TV in Odessa, Texas and KMSS-TV in Shreveport, Louisiana, all three of which are Fox affiliates, to Marshall Broadcasting Group. Nexstar operates all three of the television stations through a shared services agreement, providing non-programming resources to the stations such as master control, advertising sales and engineering support.[2][3]

On April 3, 2019, the company filed a lawsuit against Nexstar Media Group for breach of contract, alleging that the company used the sale of these stations to minority owners as a ploy to gain favor with the FCC for the associated transactions, but had been engaging in conduct (including withholding retransmission consent fees) intended to "undermine" the company, so that its stations could be repurchased by Nexstar for a lower cost "[with] significantly less regulatory push-back" under the current political climate.[4][1]

On December 3, 2019, Marshall Broadcasting Group filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_ ... ting_Group
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Looks like Option B:

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CaptQuint wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:14 pm Marshall Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an American television broadcasting company that owns three full power television stations in Iowa, Louisiana and Texas. The company was founded on December 1, 2014 by Pluria Marshall, Jr. All three of its television stations are affiliated with Fox and are operated through shared services agreements by Nexstar Media Group

The company is owned by Pluria Marshall, Jr., who also owns Wave Community Newspapers, a group of African-American community newspapers in the Los Angeles region. Marshall had attempted to acquire stations in the 1990's and 2000's, but faced difficulties securing financing.[1]

In 2014, Nexstar Broadcasting Group acquired the stock of television operators Grant Broadcasting, Communications Corporation of America, and White Knight Broadcasting. Due to FCC ownership limits, Nexstar sold former Grant station KLJB in Davenport, Iowa, and former ComCorp stations KPEJ-TV in Odessa, Texas and KMSS-TV in Shreveport, Louisiana, all three of which are Fox affiliates, to Marshall Broadcasting Group. Nexstar operates all three of the television stations through a shared services agreement, providing non-programming resources to the stations such as master control, advertising sales and engineering support.[2][3]

On April 3, 2019, the company filed a lawsuit against Nexstar Media Group for breach of contract, alleging that the company used the sale of these stations to minority owners as a ploy to gain favor with the FCC for the associated transactions, but had been engaging in conduct (including withholding retransmission consent fees) intended to "undermine" the company, so that its stations could be repurchased by Nexstar for a lower cost "[with] significantly less regulatory push-back" under the current political climate.[4][1]

On December 3, 2019, Marshall Broadcasting Group filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_ ... ting_Group
Thanks CQ. Interesting. I never watch the station except for the football season (college and pros)
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:19 pm Looks like Option B:

I guess you didn't get the memo. I sit in a river valley, 80 miles away from the transmission source with a range of 2,000 foot mesas 40 miles thick between. Thanks for the suggestion though.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:24 pm

I guess you didn't get the memo. I sit in a river valley, 80 miles away from the transmission source with a range of 2,000 foot mesas 40 miles thick between. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Just use more coat hanger.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:26 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Just use more coat hanger.
:lol: And stack them 4,000 feet tall.