Tannerite

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Tannerite

Post by jsdspif »

I suppose gun people will know what it is and may be familiar with it. I guess it's like a softball size material that you use as a target and shoot it with a gun and it causes a massive and I mean massive explosion. I was taking a nap the other day and boom I thought a home next to me or behind me exploded so I called 911 and said something just exploded and they said like a power transformer and I said no like a house blew up. So I go outside and don't see anything so I just said I'll hang up and maybe you'll get more calls. I then so my neghbor drive from his barn out back (maybe 300 yards or so) so I ran over there told him the story and he just started laughing "that was tannerite you shoot it with a gun and it goes boom" I told him I thought it knocked my house off of it's foundation. He said we were way out back. It was a hell of a boom.
Systemofaclown
Forum Irregular

Re: Tannerite

Post by Systemofaclown »

I dont even own a gun but I want that shit like right now.

Also, what was the last name of the family in Full House, Tanner right?

Ok ok, I'll just go hold a peice of tannerite and let you guys shoot at me for that alright? All tannerite!
Nero
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Nero »

jsdspif
Tells *VERY* interesting (but true) stories.

Post by jsdspif »

I'm guessing my neighbor probably set off one jar of it. he said it was about this big and had his hands shaped baseball/softball sized. It seems like if someone is familiar with it they would know that placing it inside/on something will cause alot of shrapnel (?) to be thrown. If I was playing with the stuff I would want to be about twice as far away as recommended.
I quit playing with fireworks that go boom. I was lighting mortars one year and got one with a wonky fuse. Usually it takes some time for the fuses to burn but I lit one and it didn't really take any time for the fuse to burn. Pretty much lit the fuse and real quick the fuse just kind of flashed and the mortar shot off. It got my attention pretty quick.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Systemofaclown wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:06 am I dont even own a gun but I want that shit like right now.

Also, what was the last name of the family in Full House, Tanner right?

Ok ok, I'll just go hold a peice of tannerite and let you guys shoot at me for that alright? All tannerite!
Well hell, I'd do that all tanner-nite!
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

jsdspif wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:16 am I suppose gun people will know what it is and may be familiar with it. I guess it's like a softball size material that you use as a target and shoot it with a gun and it causes a massive and I mean massive explosion. I was taking a nap the other day and boom I thought a home next to me or behind me exploded so I called 911 and said something just exploded and they said like a power transformer and I said no like a house blew up. So I go outside and don't see anything so I just said I'll hang up and maybe you'll get more calls. I then so my neghbor drive from his barn out back (maybe 300 yards or so) so I ran over there told him the story and he just started laughing "that was tannerite you shoot it with a gun and it goes boom" I told him I thought it knocked my house off of it's foundation. He said we were way out back. It was a hell of a boom.
lol. pig hunters use it all the time. they bait in a bunch of pigs and then instead of shooting one pig and then trying to shoot one more when they scatter, they shoot that and blow them all up.
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:13 pm
jsdspif wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:16 am I suppose gun people will know what it is and may be familiar with it. I guess it's like a softball size material that you use as a target and shoot it with a gun and it causes a massive and I mean massive explosion. I was taking a nap the other day and boom I thought a home next to me or behind me exploded so I called 911 and said something just exploded and they said like a power transformer and I said no like a house blew up. So I go outside and don't see anything so I just said I'll hang up and maybe you'll get more calls. I then so my neghbor drive from his barn out back (maybe 300 yards or so) so I ran over there told him the story and he just started laughing "that was tannerite you shoot it with a gun and it goes boom" I told him I thought it knocked my house off of it's foundation. He said we were way out back. It was a hell of a boom.
lol. pig hunters use it all the time. they bait in a bunch of pigs and then instead of shooting one pig and then trying to shoot one more when they scatter, they shoot that and blow them all up.
How the fuck is that hunting? You cant process meat that's been thru an explosion.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

JCW wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:15 pm
How the fuck is that hunting? You cant process meat that's been thru an explosion.
its not hunting. its pig murder. a lot of them get paid to do it. you can't understand the problem unless you live down here.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

JCW wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:15 pm
It's called Pork Sausage.

Same nitrates in that shit, I bet ;)
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

The vids with the copters and machine guns are pretty cool.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
JCW

Post by JCW »

Flumper wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:18 pm its not hunting. its pig murder. a lot of them get paid to do it. you can't understand the problem unless you live down here.
No, you're right, I cant understand a problem where the solution is blowing living creatures apart.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

JCW wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:38 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:18 pm its not hunting. its pig murder. a lot of them get paid to do it. you can't understand the problem unless you live down here.
No, you're right, I cant understand a problem where the solution is blowing living creatures apart.
If killing is the only solution to an overpopulation problem, the quicker the better. Even if it looks gruesome.

The French used to do executions with a thing called "the guillotine." The results looked gruesome, but it always seemed the least painful method to me (would you rather be electrocuted or suffocated (one of the still-used options?).

So getting blown to bits probably doesn't hurt the victim at all. Shooting? Ask a deer hunter how often they have to track down a dying deer.

P.S. Unless you're a vegetarian, it's hard to complain about the "painful death" of animals. One trip to a slaughter house will be an education. And maybe you'll become a vegetarian.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

So much for my first date idea.
I blame Biker.
AnalHamster
Doctor Chaser

Post by AnalHamster »

This is a problem where the solution is blowing a living creature apart. QED.
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

You have to understand that feral hogs do 2.5 BILLION dollars in damage annually.
They destroy fences, fields and pastures.
Here they don't have any natural predators so hunting them is the only possible way to control their numbers.
hawkfan8812
Seattle's Finest!

Post by hawkfan8812 »

What would be a natural predator of a feral pig, wolves or cougar?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:37 pm What would be a natural predator of a feral pig, wolves or cougar?
a 20 year old redneck with an AR-15 and a case of beer.
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

hawkfan8812 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:37 pm What would be a natural predator of a feral pig, wolves or cougar?

:lol: I like Flumpers answer.

A cougar would potential prey on them.
No wolves in central Texas.
Even the coyotes won't mess with them unless they catch a piglet away from the herd.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

DiverTexas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:55 pm

:lol: I like Flumpers answer.

A cougar would potential prey on them.
No wolves in central Texas.
Even the coyotes won't mess with them unless they catch a piglet away from the herd.
you know its funny. On my place, if i have a deer or antelope or anything else die, between the coyotes and buzzards its picked over within a day or two. But i can drive by a pig that's been hit by a pickup on the side of the road and that damn thing will lay there for weeks before it finally rots. I think a starving coyote would walk around one to get to a baited trap.
JCW

Post by JCW »

DiverTexas wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:06 pm
You have to understand that feral hogs do 2.5 BILLION dollars in damage annually.
Here they don't have any natural predators so hunting them is the only possible way to control their numbers.
I'm fine with culling. We do it here with deer and seals. But blowing them up? Really that's the best solution, you can say that with a straight face as a person that hunts?

And whoever said I cant talk unless I'm a vegetarian, theres a difference between killing things for food and blowing them up because they ate your hedges. Elk destroy so much property where I am and guess what, they're still a protected species.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

JCW wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:27 pm
I'm fine with culling. We do it here with deer and seals. But blowing them up? Really that's the best solution, you can say that with a straight face as a person that hunts?

And whoever said I cant talk unless I'm a vegetarian, theres a difference between killing things for food and blowing them up because they ate your hedges. Elk destroy so much property where I am and guess what, they're still a protected species.
Is BC still dropping poison pucks to kill the wolves?
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
JCW

Post by JCW »

I dunno. We just had a lone wolf pop up in Victoria downtown and it got rehomed to the wildness, not sure what they do on the mainland/interior where wolves are more prevalent.
DiverTexas

Post by DiverTexas »

I don't use tannerite on hogs, nor do I really endorse it.
I do hate how they destroy so much of the environment though.
I only shoot them with the hopes of keeping the population in check.
This year our biologist said if we didn't kill 75% of the current population, we would actually be losing ground based on how quickly they reproduce.
We're losing ground for sure.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

yeah. you don't understand.