Honda outboards

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Thewalruss
Forum Irregular

Honda outboards

Post by Thewalruss »

Probably a little late now that I bought it but I was wondering if any of you fine members have had any experience with Honda outboards. I bought a boat with a Honda 250 on the back and I’ve only ever owned Yamaha or merc. On a side note I know I’m getting fucking old when a tritoon is the most appealing boat on the lot to me.

Animal
The Great Pretender

Re: Honda outboards

Post by Animal »

i try to only run hondas on all small engines that i have. generators, vibratory tamps, water pumps, etc. I don't have any boats. I hope this helps.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

No one builds a better small engine than Honda.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Thewalruss wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:19 pm Probably a little late now that I bought it but I was wondering if any of you fine members have had any experience with Honda outboards. I bought a boat with a Honda 250 on the back and I’ve only ever owned Yamaha or merc. On a side note I know I’m getting fucking old when a tritoon is the most appealing boat on the lot to me.

Other than 2 lakes within a 2-3 hour drive time radius, I'm as far from lakes as you can imagine. I've never owned a boat. Hope this helps.
B-Tender
Christ, get a life already!

Post by B-Tender »

Growing up a friend of mine drove one of these

It was kind of peppy.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

In Michigan you are never more than 6 miles from a fresh water source. Also, I believe we have more registered boats than any state in the union. I don't have one though. Fuck that noise.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

I've never owned a boat or a honda engine.
I'll never own a boat and it's unlikely I'll ever own a honda engine.

I've rented boats for the day multiple times.

It's like buying a cabin or resort condo - not for me. I'd rather take a real vacation every year and retire a few years early.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

beagleboy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:18 pm I've never owned a boat or a honda engine.

It's like buying a cabin or resort condo - not for me. I'd rather take a real vacation every year and retire a few years early.
you sound like a real barrel of monkeys.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

TW- I'm not familiar with the Honda outboard motors, but with my lifetime experience with Honda motors (and no motor is the same)I think you are in good shape. Whether it's a engine on a lawnmower or any other machine, I've found their motors to be the top for decades. For example, I'll buy a used top Honda mower that the owner never maintained (oil change, spark plug change, clogged air filter, etc.) that they sold because it was developing "problems". Fixed the "problems" and it came back strong as a horse for years. Never had a bad Honda engine ever.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Fellow on the other side of the lake from me has a 225 VTEC. Every season he has to replace one O2 sensor or another.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:48 pm TW- I'm not familiar with the Honda outboard motors, but with my lifetime experience with Honda motors (and no motor is the same)I think you are in good shape. Whether it's a engine on a lawnmower or any other machine, I've found their motors to be the top for decades. For example, I'll buy a used top Honda mower that the owner never maintained (oil change, spark plug change, clogged air filter, etc.) that they sold because it was developing "problems". Fixed the "problems" and it came back strong as a horse for years. Never had a bad Honda engine ever.
Supposedly knows motors but doesnt know about wax rings. Ok boomer.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:48 pm TW- I'm not familiar with the Honda outboard motors, but with my lifetime experience with Honda motors (and no motor is the same)I think you are in good shape. Whether it's a engine on a lawnmower or any other machine, I've found their motors to be the top for decades. For example, I'll buy a used top Honda mower that the owner never maintained (oil change, spark plug change, clogged air filter, etc.) that they sold because it was developing "problems". Fixed the "problems" and it came back strong as a horse for years. Never had a bad Honda engine ever.
If it runs on combustion it's an engine.
If it runs on electricity it's a motor.
Know the difference.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

JCW wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:02 am
Supposedly knows motors but doesnt know about wax rings. Ok boomer.
LMAO, doesn't even know the basics of life. OK whore.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:07 am
Know the difference.
Like I need a lesson from some uneducated cannuck trying in vain to heat his apartment with his failing solar panels during a Canadian winter.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

And away we go
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Blast wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:32 amAnd away we go
Idiot shifting from the question that OP is asking. Typical BS that the road RD has decided to go down. Why? I don't know- ask him.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:26 am
Know the difference.
Like I need a lesson from some uneducated cannuck trying in vain to heat his apartment with his failing solar panels during a Canadian winter.
And yet you made the mistake 3 times in one paragraph.
I have a degree in Motive Power Engineering. You're a failed insurance salesman.
What do you have? I'm guessing it's a GED from some butt-fuck Tex-ass online high school.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:38 am
Know the difference.
I have a degree in Motive Power Engineering. You're a failed insurance salesman.
What do you have? I'm guessing it's a GED from some butt-fuck Tex-ass online high school.
And there you have it. "degree in Motive Power Engineering" from online courses from the University of Phoenix- Newfoundland branch. I have a Mechanical Engineering degree from Texas Tech University. May want to consider a face saving move to another thread.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

crickets as always.
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

Blast wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:32 amAnd away we go
Cut him some slack. He’s doing the work of two people now.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Know the difference.
In fairness, many people switch motor and engine without realizing or caring about the difference. I'll do it myself, refer to a car engine as the motor, but I'll never refer to an electric motor as an engine. Quit looking for shit too pick a fight over. He'll give you areal reason soon enough.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Flumper wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:36 pm
beagleboy wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:18 pm I've never owned a boat or a honda engine.

you sound like a real barrel of monkeys.
Yeah it would show I was fun if I had a few thousand posts on a fake troll account?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Blast wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:12 am
Know the difference.
In fairness, many people switch motor and engine without realizing or caring about the difference. I'll do it myself, refer to a car engine as the motor, but I'll never refer to an electric motor as an engine. Quit looking for shit too pick a fight over. He'll give you areal reason soon enough.
Exactly. Some just idiots wanting to go anal on some issue that has nothing to with the actual focus.
Thewalruss
Forum Irregular

Post by Thewalruss »

Well I learned almost nothing from this. Well done UJ!!!
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

Honda engines are outstanding. Not a fan of their transmissions tho.

That being said;

If it floats, flies, or fucks, rent it.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.