The one exact date down to the minute

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

WestTexasCrude

The one exact date down to the minute

Post by WestTexasCrude »

That changed the History of the World forever right down to the present. 8:30 AM 12th October 1492. SJW idiots can tear down all the statues they want to. Doesn't erase history.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: The one exact date down to the minute

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Damn Portuguese
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Half a millennium before Columbus “discovered” America, those Viking feet may have been the first European ones to ever have touched North American soil. Exploration was a family business for the expedition's leader, Leif Eriksson (variations of his last name include Erickson, Ericson, Erikson, Ericsson and Eiriksson)

And I'd like to know where you got this exact minute shit. You're so full of crap your eyes are brown.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Are we sure it was 8:30am ?
I blame Biker.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Stapes wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:39 am Are we sure it was 8:30am ?
For all we know his sundial was running fast.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

In fourteen hundred ninety two, Columbus brought the Injuns flu
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Geist wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 am In fourteen hundred ninety two, Columbus brought the Injuns flu
Now there's fact for the record books.
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Midnight 1 AD , the day the music came alive
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Who wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 am Midnight 1 AD , the day the music came alive
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

I'm just messing with you Who. :lol: ;)
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:50 am I'm just messing with you Who. :lol: ;)
Don McClain was @ the Capital in Clearwater this past December, always great seeing a legend
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
kwebber
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by kwebber »

megman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:17 am Half a millennium before Columbus “discovered” America, those Viking feet may have been the first European ones to ever have touched North American soil. Exploration was a family business for the expedition's leader, Leif Eriksson (variations of his last name include Erickson, Ericson, Erikson, Ericsson and Eiriksson)

And I'd like to know where you got this exact minute shit. You're so full of crap your eyes are brown.
L'Anse aux Meadows 1000 AD. Americans don't know shit if it doesn't happen within their borders.
Currently AFK.
PimpDaddy
Flat and Bony Ass Lover

Post by PimpDaddy »

Biker wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:58 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:53 am That changed the History of the World forever right down to the present. 8:30 AM 12th October 1492. SJW idiots can tear down all the statues they want to. Doesn't erase history.
Second moment was the first white man who thought it was a good idea to bring boatloads if African slaves to the New World
After the black Africans taught the white man how to do it?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:17 am Half a millennium before Columbus “discovered” America, those Viking feet may have been the first European ones to ever have touched North American soil. Exploration was a family business for the expedition's leader, Leif Eriksson (variations of his last name include Erickson, Ericson, Erikson, Ericsson and Eiriksson)

Big difference though. (see my "History in other words" thread- It's the one I mentioned about this that never got answered- the one about the Skraelings. That was the Viking word for the natives). Vikings came and went but never colonized. Europeans came with a vengeance. 1st voyage was 3 tiny ships with less than 100 men. 2nd voyage was 17 ships with something like 1,500 men, cattle horses, etc.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Geist wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 am In fourteen hundred ninety two, Columbus brought the Injuns flu
Most historians are pretty much in agreement that the probable total population of the New World (N S America, Caribbean) in 1492 was around 50-60 million, more than Europe combined. Within 200 years of 1492, the death rate was probably around 90%. Biggest human catastrophe in history.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

They gave us syphilis.....so they got that going for them
I blame Biker.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:10 pm

Big difference though. (see my "History in other words" thread- It's the one I mentioned about this that never got answered- the one about the Skraelings. That was the Viking word for the natives). Vikings came and went but never colonized. Europeans came with a vengeance. 1st voyage was 3 tiny ships with less than 100 men. 2nd voyage was 17 ships with something like 1,500 men, cattle horses, etc.
Columbus discovered fuck all. You're delusional.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:41 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:10 pm

Columbus discovered fuck all. You're delusional.
Dude, I'm not extolling Columbus at all. The dude to the end of his life defended his claim that he had reached the area around China which was where he was aiming, Contrast to the Portuguese who spent almost the entire 1400's to voyages after voyages to get around the S tip of Africa to the East riches. Both succeeded. The Vikings were just voyaging West at the same Longitude, essentially island hoping. Most impressive considering the times (no compass) but of no consequence. Columbus sailed 2,000 miles West and got lucky. Portugal knew where they were going and when they got there and beyond they were sailing 10,000 miles to the opposite side of the Earth. What Columbus did paled in comparison. Doesn't change my facts. The Portuguese were still in the Eur-Asia area of the planet. Columbus was in a brand new World unknown to the ancients.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:30 pm They gave us syphilis.....so they got that going for them
Believe it or not, that's still debated. What's not debated is why the European germs were so deadly. It's kind of the fault of the ancestors of the people of the New World. And I say Kind of.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 pm
Stapes wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:30 pm They gave us syphilis.....so they got that going for them
Believe it or not, that's still debated. What's not debated is why the European germs were so deadly. It's kind of the fault of the ancestors of the people of the New World. And I say Kind of.
It's not debated because it is fact that that the natives had no immunity to European diseases. Same way it's illegal to visit the uncontacted tribe on North Sentinel Island because a modern person could infect them all
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Christopher Columbus was an alcoholic;

He didn't know where he was going

He didn't know where he was when he got there

He talked a woman into paying for it
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

captquint wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:57 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:53 pm
It's not debated because it is fact that that the natives had no immunity to European diseases. Same way it's illegal to visit the uncontacted tribe on North Sentinel Island because a modern person could infect them all
And there was (is) a reason for that goes back 10,000 years and why I mention the ancestors of the New World were partially responsible, not that they knew what they were doing anymore than the Europeans knew what was happening when they introduced the holocaust on the New World. They didn't deliberately do that. No one knew the cause until the late 1800's with Pasteur and viruses and germs.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:23 am

He talked a woman into paying for it
There you go. Hero in his own time.