Here is an update on the rising sea levels and the effect on the east coast, especially Miami & NJ!

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Here is an update on the rising sea levels and the effect on the east coast, especially Miami & NJ!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

I'm telling you it's pretty fucking scary. I knew about Miami but I had no idea about NJ. Dayum, this is not real estate I would be interested in.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 649267002/

And so, without further ado, the 5 cities most at risk from sea level rise are, in descending order:

1. Miami Beach, Florida (Habitable land that will be underwater by 2100: 94.1 percent)

2. Hoboken, New Jersey (71.3 percent)

3. Atlantic City, New Jersey (92.8 percent)

4. Key West, Florida (94.4 percent)

5. Galveston, Texas (90 percent)

I also read that most of the NJ coastline will be under water by 2100. YIKES! Sorry Smok, High-n-Dry & BRR. If you hurry you probably can still move out in time.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Re: Here is an update on the rising sea levels and the effect on the east coast, especially Miami & NJ!

Smok44 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:04 pm Play some funky music white boy!

Yep, Smok is in his mom's basement on the NJ coast and drowning while he listens to death metal. :lol:
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Re: Here is an update on the rising sea levels and the effect on the east coast, especially Miami & NJ!

Post by Wut »

I'm interested in what will happen to Bermuda beaches.
wut?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Smok44 wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:35 am
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:31 am
Smok44 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:04 pm Play some funky music white boy!

Yep, Smok is in his mom's basement on the NJ coast and drowning while he listens to death metal. :lol:
Does dirty Sanchez have you locked in a basement? You seem to be overly focused on basements
You continue to trash talk but yet you say nothing about yourself. It's because you suck son, & I don't say that in a good way.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

I hope that the Obama's multi million dollar mansion they just bought on the coast will be ok.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

Flooding and climate change are pretty low on the list of reasons why I want to leave NJ.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
JCW
No life apart from this stupid forum board

Post by JCW »

Biker wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 pm I was told in elementary school in the 70s that the beaches of Long Island would be underwater by the year 2000. Theyre still there
California was supposed to break off into the ocean since my mom was a kid growing up there.
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:51 pm The one thing you know is that I always liked you and I'm impressed with you. You deserve the best.
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

JCW wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:21 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:19 pm I was told in elementary school in the 70s that the beaches of Long Island would be underwater by the year 2000. Theyre still there
California was supposed to break off into the ocean since my mom was a kid growing up there.
And still could happen. That's the fun part of earthquakes and their underlying causes.

Over at the Canary Islands, there is a massive fault that could slip any time. When it does, it'll send a massive tsunami towards the East Coast, and pretty much that's it for Florida. Ooooor..., it may not. Still have to keep an eye on those things.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Without humans rebuilding the beaches of Long Island they would be gone, or at least not where they are now.
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Biker wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:46 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:39 pm
Without humans rebuilding the beaches of Long Island they would be gone, or at least not where they are now.
Yeah, beach maintenance and dredging is common, but still, the barrier islands would still be there.
They get cut up more and more every year, Jones Beach and Fire Island used to be connected
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

BigRedRetard wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:09 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:52 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:46 pm
CaptQuint wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:39 pm
Yeah, beach maintenance and dredging is common, but still, the barrier islands would still be there.
They get cut up more and more every year, Jones Beach and Fire Island used to be connected
And someday they will be connected again.
Still a better love story than Twilight.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

its really mind blowing to me to think about the surface area of the world's oceans and how there is enough water to raise them up by inches or feet.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:46 pm its really mind blowing to me to think about the surface area of the world's oceans and how there is enough water to raise them up by inches or feet.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

we had a few local tornados and all the facebook "experts" declared it proof of global climate change. Because we've never had local tornados (yes, we have. every few years we get a few)

oh look, it flooded after excessive rain in a short period of time and the soil couldn't absorb all the water fast enough. must be CLIMATE CHANGE ZOMG!!!!!!11
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Tornadoes aren't climate change. Extreme weather patterns may be a symptom of a warming climate. It is an indisputable fact that the Earth is warming. Whether that is cyclical or human-caused you can decide for yourself. To sit there and go ZOMG and act like nothing is happening just makes you an ill-informed child.
I blame Biker.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Stapes wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:53 pm Whether that is cyclical or human-caused you can decide for yourself.
It could also be both.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:40 pm
Stapes wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:53 pm Whether that is cyclical or human-caused you can decide for yourself.
It could also be both.
Indeed
I blame Biker.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

It could also be both.
which, at least to me, is the same answer as if its only human caused. it still means things could be done that would have some impact.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:11 pm
It could also be both.
which, at least to me, is the same answer as if its only human caused. it still means things could be done that would have some impact.
Absolutely.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Mtb_man
Dont Insult His Tool

Post by Mtb_man »

Scientists: Sea levels are rising!!!!

Takes measurements during storm surge.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:46 pm its really mind blowing to me to think about the surface area of the world's oceans and how there is enough water to raise them up by inches or feet.
What's amazing to me is that it only takes a foot or two of sea rise to totally submerge these places because they're only slightly above sea level. That's where a huge percentage of our population resides.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Mtb_man wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:58 pm Scientists: Sea levels are rising!!!!

Takes measurements during storm surge.

um yea....that's not how its done. Jim Cantore isn't a scientist.
I blame Biker.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

BigRedRetard wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:28 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:21 pm
What's amazing to me is that it only takes a foot or two of sea rise to totally submerge these places because they're only slightly above sea level. That's where a huge percentage of our population resides.
Point Pleasant Beach is 7 feet above sea level. Point Pleasant Boro is 13 feet above sea level.
Sounds like your safe then. It's these places like 1 feet above sea level that are going down.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:30 pm
Point Pleasant Beach is 7 feet above sea level. Point Pleasant Boro is 13 feet above sea level.
Sounds like your safe then. It's these places like 1 feet above sea level that are going down.
who in their wildest imagination could have ever imagined that building 1 foot above the level of an ocean could cause any problems?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Flumper wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:36 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:30 pm
who in their wildest imagination could have ever imagined that building 1 foot above the level of an ocean could cause any problems?
And pay through the nose for the right to do it.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK