Something new?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Something new?

Post by Blast »

What's something you've wanted to try? Overt the years I've done woodworking, car repair, fishing, I'm learning to hunt now because I'd never had a chance before, dabbled in paranormal investigations, brewing and a few other things.
I've wanted for a long time to learn traditional blacksmithing and blade smithing. Just seems like my kind of work. Get metal hot and smack it with a hammer.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Re: Something new?

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Thanks for reminding me. I've got a couple episodes of Forged in Fire to watch.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

If I weren't so lazy I'd be writing fiction and yesterday I was looking at wooden model boats to build.
wut?
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:54 pm Thanks for reminding me. I've got a couple episodes of Forged in Fire to watch.
I watch it for the bad jokes as much for the metal working.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Zip-lining
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Deathproof wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:55 pmZip-lining
Where would you go first?
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

Going skydiving this summer.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Geist wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:32 pm Going skydiving this summer.

I am not afraid of heights but nothing brings more cold sweat fear to me than the thought of jumping out of a plane or fucking bungee jumping.
I blame Biker.
Deathproof
UJR гитара герой чемпион
Interests: музыка, сиськи, литература, сыр и Леттеркенни

Post by Deathproof »

Blast wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:28 pm
Deathproof wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:55 pmZip-lining
Where would you go first?
Doesn't matter. I was all set to go a few years ago when we were playing in Jacksonville, but the place closed that morning because of a hurricane, and I've never really made an effort to try again. So maybe there.
"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids. Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids... no I really mean it, but think how we think about it.” -- lifelong segregationist Joe Biden
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

I went a few years back, it's amazing. Also did zip lining in Jamaica, sky diving is better.
wut?
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Wut wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:19 pm
I went a few years back, it's amazing. Also did zip lining in Jamaica, sky diving is better.
Last thing I want to do is jump it if an airplane. So maybe when I'm old and grey.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Biker wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:46 pm Im actually training right now to walk across Cornwall. I plan to start this spring/summer with a small 28 mile stretch and then graduate to either do the ring or the Celtic path. Not all at once of course but hope to complete over a 3-4 month period
I'm thinking about signing up for the walk across Bermuda in May. 21 miles but likely not very strenuous.
wut?
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Biker wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:01 pm
Wut wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 pm
Biker wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:46 pm Im actually training right now to walk across Cornwall. I plan to start this spring/summer with a small 28 mile stretch and then graduate to either do the ring or the Celtic path. Not all at once of course but hope to complete over a 3-4 month period
I'm thinking about signing up for the walk across Bermuda in May. 21 miles but likely not very strenuous.
Stopping for some ropical drinks along the way I suppose? Yeah, sounds terrible
Pub crawls can be brutal.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast »

Wut wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:43 pm
How many bottles of wine ate you going to take with you?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:42 pm

I am not afraid of heights but nothing brings more cold sweat fear to me than the thought of jumping out of a plane or fucking bungee jumping.
What would scare me about skydiving is someone making minimum wage is packing your parachute. No thanks. Total control of your destination.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Does that have anything to do with Hadrian's wall?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Biker wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:29 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:27 pm
Actually yes! I will be walking on top of the wall all the way around Cornwall. I'll be sure to post pics here when I do it
:lol: :lol: :lol:
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

I'd borrow some of those ideas but i'm too blue.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Actually yes! I will be walking on top of the wall all the way around Cornwall. I'll be sure to post pics here when I do it
Thanks, please do. Almost 2,000 years old.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I guess that's a joke. Have no clue where Cornwall or Hadrian's Wall is even located.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

I've begun writing a book for work. In the past I've done tons of articles but nothing as extensive as a book.

The wife wants to do the Camino de Santiago but it's never going to happen. You have to walk 16+ miles per day to get from town to town and I know she'll never do that much. She could do it and I've done it many times but she always ends her day at 8 miles. My feet usually start barking at 10 miles.
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

Is a 28 mile stretch considered 1 or more days?
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

The son of a friend of ours is doing the Appalachian trail this summer. I give him zero chance of finishing and if he makes it a month I'll be shocked. Other than a few 2 night trips, his only real hiking experience is in the Boy Scouts. This is my foot after my last week long hike. I lost the toenail. The blisters were completely in place after day 1 because there were no trails. When your feet are moving at angles you've never trained, shit like that happens. I put cotton over the blisters, duct taped it and kept hiking.

If training for a hike, train with a weighted vest or filled up backpack. I train with a 45 lb backpack.
Geist
Big Meaty Lobster Cocks

Post by Geist »

beagleboy wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:22 pm The son of a friend of ours is doing the Appalachian trail this summer. I give him zero chance of finishing and if he makes it a month I'll be shocked. Other than a few 2 night trips, his only real hiking experience is in the Boy Scouts. This is my foot after my last week long hike. I lost the toenail. The blisters were completely in place after day 1 because there were no trails. When your feet are moving at angles you've never trained, shit like that happens. I put cotton over the blisters, duct taped it and kept hiking.

If training for a hike, train with a weighted vest or filled up backpack. I train with a 45 lb backpack.
Which nail fell off? Your dew claw?
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

beagleboy wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:34 pm

The wife wants to do the Camino de Santiago but it's never going to happen.
Mine too. Have you seen the movie The Way?