Washington

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Washington

Post by CHEEZY17 »

New series on the History channel about our nations father. Very solid so far. Check it out if you're a history buff or appreciate our Founding Fathers.

Brother George has quite the history.

Here he is in his Masonic gear:

"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Re: Washington

Post by Charliesheen »

I have no cable package. But talk radio today shared how he was like the first guy in global history to willingly cede control of government to the next guy.
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Charliesheen wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 am I have no cable package. But talk radio today shared how he was like the first guy in global history to willingly cede control of government to the next guy.
I don't know who the first one to do it in history but one of Washington's heros was Cincinnatus, who did exactly that. And that was in 458 BC.

https://www.mountvernon.org/library/dig ... ncinnatus/
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

It's on the history channel... episode 2 so far ....very good
I blame Biker.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

Biker wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:11 am
Stapes wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:40 am It's on the history channel... episode 2 so far ....very good
You know Washington owned slaves so I’d be careful not praise him too much
He had a shitload of slaves. That's why I don't believe in the reparations bullshit. Where does it stop. Human history is just one long warmongering, conquering and enslaving others. Washington knew better but he was a 1% landowner capitalist and they don't give a fuck.
I blame Biker.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

"Adams went to Harvard. Jefferson went to William and Mary."
"Washington went to war."
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
QillerDaemon
Crazy Old Cat Lady
Interests: キラーデモン

Post by QillerDaemon »

Biker wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:11 am
Stapes wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:40 am It's on the history channel... episode 2 so far ....very good
You know Washington owned slaves so I’d be careful not praise him too much
One well known story about Washington is how he would cycle his personal slave in and out of Pennsylvania every six months while the US Capitol was still in Philadelphia to keep from having to free him by PA law at the time. Ol' George knew what he was doing.
If you can't be a good example, you can still serve as a horrible warning.
“All mushrooms are edible. Some even more than once!”
これを グーグル 翻訳に登録してくれておめでとう、バカ。
beagleboy
Biker's Biatch

Post by beagleboy »

QillerDaemon wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:11 pm
One well known story about Washington is how he would cycle his personal slave in and out of Pennsylvania every six months while the US Capitol was still in Philadelphia to keep from having to free him by PA law at the time. Ol' George knew what he was doing.
While alive and able to spend the profits generated by their slaves, they were okay with slavery. After death and couldn't benefit any longer they freed them and recognized their lives meant something. They knew it was wrong but did it anyway.

Lincoln wasn't the great minded abolitionist and civil rights activist people pretend him to be today.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Of course Washington will always be remembered in World History as the Army commander that defeated the British in the Revolutionary War and 1st President. I'm thinking most don't know about his role in another earth shattering event in the mid-1750's as a 24 year old. There were other factors later that played a part, but most historians agree that his actions led to what is described as the "First World War". 24 yo Lt Colonel of a Virginia militia unit along with their Indian allies attacked a 35 man French Canadian unit from the boulders above in what was later called Jumonville Glen, Pa (named after the French officer in charge killed )- about 100 miles SE of present day Pittsburg. Led to the "World War" 7 years war between England and France. France lost almost everything in the America's
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Mr._Peabody.png
wut?
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:46 pm Of course Washington will always be remembered in World History as the Army commander that defeated the British in the Revolutionary War and 1st President. I'm thinking most don't know about his role in another earth shattering event in the mid-1750's as a 24 year old. There were other factors later that played a part, but most historians agree that his actions led to what is described as the "First World War". 24 yo Lt Colonel of a Virginia militia unit along with their Indian allies attacked a 35 man French Canadian unit from the boulders above in what was later called Jumonville Glen, Pa (named after the French officer in charge killed )- about 100 miles SE of present day Pittsburg. Led to the "World War" 7 years war between England and France. France lost almost everything in the America's

If you're watching the show about Washington you would have seen they've covered that.
It covers the life of Washington. His whole life. If you had watched it.
I blame Biker.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Stapes wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:15 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:46 pm Of course Washington will always be remembered in World History as the Army commander that defeated the British in the Revolutionary War and 1st President. I'm thinking most don't know about his role in another earth shattering event in the mid-1750's as a 24 year old. There were other factors later that played a part, but most historians agree that his actions led to what is described as the "First World War". 24 yo Lt Colonel of a Virginia militia unit along with their Indian allies attacked a 35 man French Canadian unit from the boulders above in what was later called Jumonville Glen, Pa (named after the French officer in charge killed )- about 100 miles SE of present day Pittsburg. Led to the "World War" 7 years war between England and France. France lost almost everything in the America's

If you're watching the show about Washington you would have seen they've covered that.
He doesn't watch TV
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

He never watches TV. Unless he's binge watching TV. Then he watches TV. Unless he's never watching TV.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

I'm not watching the "show about Washington". I've read enough history books about Washington so I don't need to watch TV shows to inform me. Thanks anyway.
Stapes

Post by Stapes »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:40 am

If you're watching the show about Washington you would have seen they've covered that.th
I'm not watching the "show about Washington". I've read enough history books about Washington so I don't need to watch TV shows to inform me. Thanks anyway.

Well the OP's post is about the "TV Show" Washington that is on the History Channel at the moment Professor Dumbledoof
I blame Biker.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Stapes wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:58 am

If you're watching the show about Washington you would have seen they've covered that.th

Well the OP's post is about the "TV Show" Washington that is on the History Channel at the moment Professor Dumbledoof
Yeah, like all the 100,000's of threads in UJ/UJR history didn't start out talking about the beauty of Ansel Adam's Photos and didn't end wandering what Marilyn Monroe's pussy tasted like. :lol:
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:21 am
Stapes wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:58 am

Yeah, like all the 100,000's of threads in UJ/UJR history didn't start out talking about the beauty of Ansel Adam's Photos and didn't end wandering what Marilyn Monroe's pussy tasted like. :lol:
Now you're getting weird WTC, what is your point?
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

This is fantastic :usa:
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

nerd_alert wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:34 am
Charliesheen wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:23 am I have no cable package. But talk radio today shared how he was like the first guy in global history to willingly cede control of government to the next guy.
I don't know who the first one to do it in history but one of Washington's heros was Cincinnatus, who did exactly that. And that was in 458 BC.

https://www.mountvernon.org/library/dig ... ncinnatus/
I believe Cleveland, Ohio was named after him.
wut?