Looked at your 401k lately?

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Looked at your 401k lately?

Post by CaptQuint »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:18 pm OK, like I explained just last week I pulled 90% of my investments out of the stock market and locked what I have in guaranteed funds. Even though I'm sure my investments aren't making shit now, at least they're not losing money. Sorry WTC but I had to follow my gut. My gut tells me that this bear market will keep up for the next several weeks, maybe when the warm weather comes we'll see the virtus get under better control. This is coming from a guy that went full in on the most aggressive stock plan for the past 12 years, & I made a boat load of money from that decision. :twisted:

Like I said, it will turn around in several weeks. I just don't want to see me take a big hit for being stupid like WTC. ;)

:jumpeveryone:
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:53 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:18 pm OK, like I explained just last week I pulled 90% of my investments out of the stock market and locked what I have in guaranteed funds. Even though I'm sure my investments aren't making shit now, at least they're not losing money. Sorry WTC but I had to follow my gut. My gut tells me that this bear market will keep up for the next several weeks, maybe when the warm weather comes we'll see the virtus get under better control. This is coming from a guy that went full in on the most aggressive stock plan for the past 12 years, & I made a boat load of money from that decision. :twisted:

Like I said, it will turn around in several weeks. I just don't want to see me take a big hit for being stupid like WTC. ;)

That's right. It was definitely a good move. What about annuities? Any thoughts (anyone else but Quint). I got it Quint, google it, but sometimes it's better to find objective opinions.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Re: Q

Post by CaptQuint »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:59 pm

That's right. It was definitely a good move. What about annuities? Any thoughts (anyone else but Quint). I got it Quint, google it, but sometimes it's better to find objective opinions.
Isn't there a extremely intelligent business executive that makes $150,000 a year you could ask?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Re: Q

Post by HighNDry »

CaptQuint wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:11 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:59 pm

Isn't there a extremely intelligent business executive that makes $150,000 a year you could ask?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Last edited by FreakShowFanatic on Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Image :lol:
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:48 pm Does anyone here have any opinion about Annuities? I have two Financial Advisors heavily recommending that I pull out of my 401k's & go that route. I'm starting to read up & learn more about it but I still have a ways to go. The problem I have with my Financial Advisors is that there seems to be a conflict of interest. Of course they want you to invest in things where they make the highest commission but that doesn't necessarily mean they're the best choice.
Ok, here was my question before it was rudely trolled by a few dimwits here. I would think that at least Biker would have an opinion, being a day trader and all. TIA
Tuesday
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Tuesday »

It's funny because everyone LAUGHED AND LAUGHED as the market took off like a rocket and lil ol me was over here with a guaranteed 3% that you can't even get anymore. Those programs are virtually unavailable but look at me now bitches. Still making money. 😎
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:35 pm It's funny because everyone LAUGHED AND LAUGHED as the market took off like a rocket and lil ol me was over here with a guaranteed 3% that you can't even get anymore. Those programs are virtually unavailable but look at me now bitches. Still making money. 😎
You mean when it took off ten years ago?
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:35 pm It's funny because everyone LAUGHED AND LAUGHED as the market took off like a rocket and lil ol me was over here with a guaranteed 3% that you can't even get anymore. Those programs are virtually unavailable but look at me now bitches. Still making money. 😎
Sorry sir, I went in with the most aggressive highest yield stock market plan yet pulled out of it before the market crashed with this Corona shite. I made a whole hell of a lot more than 3% dude, more like 200%. Now my investments are just like yours, making 3% until I decide to go back in and risk it in the market again.

It's done well for me. And actuality, even people that have kept their money in the market since 2008 can even take this hit and still make a lot more than you did. You need to check up on your math, sorry, this time you lost.

Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:43 pm
Sorry sir, I went in with the most aggressive highest yield stock market plan yet pulled out of it before the market crashed with this Corona shite. I made a whole hell of a lot more than 3% dude, more like 200%. Now my investments are just like yours, making 3% until I decide to go back in and risk it in the market again.

It's done well for me. And actuality, even people that have kept their money in the market since 2008 can even take this hit and still make a lot more than you did. You need to check up on your math, sorry, this time you lost.

It's ma'am and you can't get those 3% guarantees anymore, sir so nice try.
I'm in the long game I'm not in the scramble headed Trump market. I have a guaranteed income. I've made most of my expendable on real estate but Trump killed that a couple of years ago.
Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

B-Tender wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:38 pm
You mean when it took off ten years ago?
No I only had 200k in a 3% guarantee at that time. We moved it all when Trump got elected thank God.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

I guess nobody here knows anything about annuities. LOL, OK, I retract my question.

Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:57 pm I guess nobody here knows anything about annuities. LOL, OK, I retract my question.

I have a Pacific Life annuity but I'm going to be honest- I'm managed.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

Tuesday wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:53 pm

I'm in the long game I'm not in the scramble headed Trump market. I have a guaranteed income. I've made most of my expendable on real estate but Trump killed that a couple of years ago.
That one statement tells me how completely full of shit you are. The real estate market exploded because of Trump and the only thing that has stopped it was the COVID19.
Whackov

Post by Whackov »

That one statement tells me how completely full of shit you are. The real estate market exploded because of Trump and the only thing that has stopped it was the COVID19.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Whackov wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:03 am

You are correct sir.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

I'm still reliving this song. I think I was in 6th grade when I bought the Pink Floyd Animals album. Who would have known that it still sounds better than the music we're listening today? You have to have your headphones on to hear the best of it. ;)

Try this one again. Then I'll move on to some even better stuff they did.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

I wonder, has Peter Frampton looked at his 401k lately? What about annuities?

Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

NIKKA PLZ LMAOOOOO the days of flipping a house and making 90k off it are FUCKING GONE BUDDY. GONE.

Why would someone be full of shit on a place like this? Grow up.
Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:04 am

You are correct sir.

-broke mf
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Tuesday wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:28 am

You are correct sir.

-broke mf
OK, if that makes you feel better. :lol:
Tuesday

Post by Tuesday »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:08 am
Tuesday wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:28 am

You are correct sir.

-broke mf
OK, if that makes you feel better. :lol:

Gotta be. How could you not make money the past 8 years??? Trump killed the housing market. That's a fact.
B-Tender

Post by B-Tender »

Nice day in the Market today. Zoom was my only holding that didn't do well.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:48 pm Does anyone here have any opinion about Annuities?
i am not an expert on annuities and I have never had money in one. (which is primarily my go-to pre-requisite for someone to have a valuable opinion).

I had a good friend that advised me years ago to stay the fuck away from annuities. If I remember his advice right, he said that you are basically loaning your money to an insurance company. And then they pay you back a little at a time over the years. If you die you get fucked (literally. he said if you die they keep what's left and they are betting you will die before they have to pay you back). and if you want to take your money out early you get really fucked.

i think the way the commissions are rigged its a very good sell for a money manager.