Well... shit! Ask a person with Coronavirus anything.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Well... shit! Ask a person with Coronavirus anything.

Post by FSchmertz »

Antknot wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:17 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:27 pm We just found out my wife has the Corona plague. We're now on a 14 day lockdown.

Anyone know any good movies? ☹
Contagen

Seriously , be well.
Andromeda Strain

P.S. And of course, The Stand. And a new version is coming out too! Though you'd have to live until late 2020 and have CBS Access

P.P.S. Everyone in my office had a sore throat, cough and stuffiness for a couple of weeks, though no one had a fever. Probably everyone has had it. I still have a stuffy nose, but no other symptoms of "a cold." And I'm essentially self-isolated (except for the Typhoid Marys here at work that "shared" it).
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Flumper wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:45 pm
Wut wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:41 pm He probably needs an appropriate title too.
Resevoir the Leper
Typhoid RD.
wut?
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

Hope she makes a full recovery, RD. Sucks.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Hey, RD. Man, sorry about the wife being infected. Hope she gets well. Couple of questions. Does she have any idea where she might have contracted it? Hell, it could be just some passing person last week sneezing in her direction, I suppose. 2nd/I have not seen or forgot how many cases have been reported in Canada to date. We are 2 months in here with our known population and we have a whopping 4,300 cases. Sure to guess worse, I suppose or stabilize. Who knows.
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

Sorry for your situation RD. I think you will be ok. What you are describing is exactly what I told you guys we had a month ago.

This Monday I went to see a doctor for my anxiety, which was getting serious. He's an old highschool friend of mine. Was with Doctors without Borders and the WHO. Spent a few years in Africa and then as one of the doctors for an 18 month expedition in the Antarctica Research Station. Got some Xanax from him, which I desperately needed.

We were talking about this and what I told you guys my family and I had about a month ago. He said based on how it's presenting among people our age, it was almost certainly coronavirus and he had it too, knowing what they know now Even my doctor at the time (separate doctor) told me it could very well be coronaviris based on our symptoms but he didn't have tests for us. Apparently that was because of directives from the healthy Dept to only test people who has travelled, worked in the travel industry (airports, cruise lines etc) or had contact with someone who met either of those criteria. The domestic restriction was due to a lack of test kits and facilities to process them. I believe someone told me I was wrong about that, that there were plenty of tests available, but I don't blame them for having felt that way at the time. We were all dealing with a lot of uncertainty and my doctor wasn't allowed to test us because of public health guidelines given to them at the time. But my buddy doctor said it was here in the USA at least 3 months ago and starting to spread.

Our symptoms were all identical. Headache. Sore throat. Lots of sneezing. Sniffles. No fever. General feeling of not being well, at all. Tested negative for both types of flu by the instant test and after lab culture. Negative for strep as well.

As a precaution last month he put us on tamiful and for 5 days and we instantly felt better. The second the tamiflu wore off we got sick again. That day. Went back, was tested again for strep and flu. Still negative. We were put on antibiotics. The kids got one kind, i got another. 2 week dose. We took them all and it never developed into anything else just ran it's course. And if you guys recall, I said I'm assuming we had coronavirus and I quarantined us for the general welfare because I saw this shit coming as clear as day

I bring this up because when talking with my buddy doctor on Monday about all the details of what we had, he told me some interesting stuff. Tamiflu is mildly effective against SARS and MERS, which are both coronaviruses. Won't shorten the length of the virus, but showed some success at mitigating symptoms. Which we saw. They already are developing a tamiflu type drug available in the US which he was told will be ready within two to three months MAX. And in suffcient quantities for mass distribution. Will help doctors and hospitals get control of this and stop the virus from overwhelming the hospitals by reducing the severity of symptoms in the average infected. You can recover at home and not progress to the later pneumonia stage. May be a 2 week course given instead of a 5 day course as well An actual vaccine is in the works (as you may have read) which will be available hopefully before the next "flu" season. I've explained that we have all been having general gastro intestinal issues too ever since then. It's almost a month later (I could check the date of my "who wants my record player" thread. Unimportant really). Things are finally feeling better. This explains the run on the toilet paper as a lot of people have just been shitting their guts out, several times a day. And telling everyone "I think I had it and I'm still shitting my guts out". I told a bunch of people that as well.

We still are getting headaches, all three of us. Not unusual for my oldest and I as we go through a ton of Excedrin in a year. A ton. But my youngest NEVER gets headaches. Ever. She's still asking for Advil almost every other day as the headaches return then get better. Could be stress by now. Might not be

No sense in us getting tested now of course. But we made it with relatively mild symptoms looking back.

I feel a lot better after having talked to him about the length of this coming lockdown. Which will be more substantial than people realize. Our school system has closed and told us to prepare for it to last at LEAST 8 weeks before they open. If they reopen this school year at all.

Shit is still going to go down, but we will survive as a people and hopefully this tamiflu type drug will prevent the mass fatalities among the elderly and at risk in the population.

Get your gardens ready. Don't touch your dry goods yet. This is going to last longer than they are telling us right now. They are managing panic as much as they are managing the virus.

Eat well and rest up if you feel sick. I mean, just don't get up. Sleep for 15-16 hours at a time if you can manage it. Staying in bed and sleeping for 2-3 days straight did more for me than anything else. The more I got up and moved, the worse I felt. Got back in bed and slept and felt like I was beating this thing.

I'm still worried about it coming back more lethal after a mutation, which he said was possible. But it's been 15 years that we've been dealing with breakoit xoronavirus in China and there hasn't been any massive change in the virus, for the most part The only thing I don't like is it HAS gotten worse each time and this is the .ost.cirulent strain yet. Lasts for 10 days on hard surfaces. Hours in the air as particulate from sneezes. Hours on cardboard which usually desiccates and kills most viruses very quickly
He wouldn't say it because he's a true professional, but I'm not giving up on the idea that this was modified in a lab. And the response from EVERY industrialized nation should tell you something about how serious it is, wether it's naturally occurring or not.

We're going to survive this, but a lot of people are going to struggle during the lockdowns. Like I said, plant your gardens. Eat well. Stay healthy. Vitamins! And lots of water.

Shits getting serious in my county. They are going to shut down our area hospitals to all elective procedures this thursday (hasn't been announced. I'm friends with someone in hospital management. They are already getting overwhelmed with "presumptive positive" cases. They will only be taking people with respiratory issues for isolation and testing or people experiencing real non covid medical emergencies.

No more diagnostic MRIs, kidney stone treatments, no more use of operating rooms for orthopedic correction. Just covid cases and non covid life threatening issues like heart attacks and severe injuries. My friend is scared and knows I've been on point with what's happening and the timelines.

It's time to support your family, your friends. If you have skills or the ability to get your neighbors ready, do it.

I bought a new garden tiller and will be plowing gardens for all my friends and neighbors. For free. With no expectation of a return.

We've lost the concept of social responsibility that used to make this nation great. We are soft, spoiled and self centered. A lot of people are still playing politics and pretending like this is a hoax or some kind of conspiracy to keep Trump in office. Because Italy and Spain are turning people over 70 away without treatment to help Trump impose martial law and suspend the US election. So many people say this shit STILL that I'm kind of surprised there wasn't a run on aluminum foil right after the TP.

Support your community. We need it now more than ever.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

Looks like I had recovered on about Feb 26 and said we had been sick for two weeks. All details given then are consistent with what I stated tonight.

It was the constant sneezing and feeling like I had the flu that freaked me out at the time. Never sneezed like that during a flu/cold season. My kids sneezed a lot too.

Nothing spreads particulate like a sneeze. Coughs don't even come close.

I still say we may beat this one day for real and find out it was engineered. China stepped up mass vaccinations last Oct/Nov and seem to have actually contained it within the general Wuhan area. Kinda of suspicious they had an effective vaccine for a brand new strain.

I've read this book. I saw this movie. If they knew it was engineered or modified to be more virulent, they would NEVER tell us. But they would go full "Contagion" protocol. Which they have.

2+2= 4.
"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes"
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

allwhitemeat wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:36 am Looks like I had recovered on about Feb 26 and said we had been sick for two weeks. All details given then are consistent with what I stated tonight.

It was the constant sneezing and feeling like I had the flu that freaked me out at the time. Never sneezed like that during a flu/cold season. My kids sneezed a lot too.

Nothing spreads particulate like a sneeze. Coughs don't even come close.

I still say we may beat this one day for real and find out it was engineered. China stepped up mass vaccinations last Oct/Nov and seem to have actually contained it within the general Wuhan area. Kinda of suspicious they had an effective vaccine for a brand new strain.

I've read this book. I saw this movie. If they knew it was engineered or modified to be more virulent, they would NEVER tell us. But they would go full "Contagion" protocol. Which they have.

2+2= 4.
get a grip man.
allwhitemeat
Forum Irregular

Post by allwhitemeat »

That's what they told me 3 weeks ago when I was already bjyin dry goods and telling people To be ready for their kids to be home and then stuck in their homes for at least 4 weeks as commerce shuts down completely.

The world has changed, you better change too.

Ever wonder why China started a mass immunizations program in oct and still locked down ? The lock down was for appearances only because it would have looked suspicious to do nothing and been fine when everyone else is going full containment and can't control it. . they had an effective vaccine for a brand new strain of a "naturally" occuring virus right away and contained the virus to one or two major cities, more or less. But that's who was infected before the vaccine was available for widespread administration. It got out, accidentally. Wasn't supposed to be used on themselves. They had a containment breach and scrambled to produce effective quantities for their people. It's going to take us months to develop something at least and they had it almost right away. Didn't spread across China even though every other country has had it already everywhere. It's in all 50 states now.

They had a vaccine the second the world was realizing something was happening. No down time for research, testing, production. Was just magically "ready". Their quarantine was to confuse and throw off world leaders because if China survived while locking down only one city, while as we are looking it all down and struggling to contain the spread, that has implications for people with a strategically minded brain.

Which you don't have. Get ready.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Wife now has a mild fever. Taking her temp every 1/2 an hour. Starting to sound like she's going to cough up a lung. I'm getting sick now. Son, daughter and grandkids still not showing symptoms.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:44 pm Wife now has a mild fever. Taking her temp every 1/2 an hour. Starting to sound like she's going to cough up a lung. I'm getting sick now. Son, daughter and grandkids still not showing symptoms.
How many grandkids?
Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:44 pm Wife now has a mild fever. Taking her temp every 1/2 an hour. Starting to sound like she's going to cough up a lung. I'm getting sick now. Son, daughter and grandkids still not showing symptoms.
She starts having trouble breathing it might be hospital time
I blame Biker.
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Actually it just might be hospital time period
I blame Biker.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Or at least give the doctor a call, 'cause you both may be among the few that qualifies for one of those "million test kits" they were bragging about.

P.S. The doctors would rather you call first instead of visiting them.
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Take care buddy and it may be time to get some medical care xor your wife to try to stay ahead of the illness.
wut?
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:13 pm Or at least give the doctor a call, 'cause you both may be among the few that qualifies for one of those "million test kits" they were bragging about.

P.S. The doctors would rather you call first instead of visiting them.
she's already been tested.

shit, that doesn't sound good. today would be day 4 (or 5).
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Stay strong
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Sorry to hear you are going through this RD. Hoping the best for you and yours.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Flumper wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:56 pm get a grip man.
Right? Can't the slowdown of spread in China also be a gpod sign? Like if we take drastic measures, it can slow the curve...

China does have the advantage of being an authoritarian state with a government that will force complete compliance. And that government seemed to take this very serious. Everything I have read has commended the Chinese willingness to share all their info, including sequences of the virus, freely with the rest of the world to help it better prepare for what was coming.
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

Are you taking her temp with an anal probe? :-D
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

I don't mean to pry RD, but I am really anxious for an update on your wife and you. This is day 5 or 6 now.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:40 pm I don't mean to pry RD, but I am really anxious for an update on your wife and you. This is day 5 or 6 now.
No real changes over the last 12 hours. Her temp hasn't gone up or down. Her cough sounds a little better. The stuff in that inhaler they gave her seems to be helping.
I've read up on the progression of the virus and the next 24 or 30 hours should tell us which way this thing is going to go.
I feel like I have a bad cold but I'm still functioning. Nothing to be alarmed about yet.
Our son, who is in lockdown with us, still shows no symptoms what-so-ever. (I'm beginning to think he may be a robot)
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:18 pm
Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:40 pm I don't mean to pry RD, but I am really anxious for an update on your wife and you. This is day 5 or 6 now.
No real changes over the last 12 hours. Her temp hasn't gone up or down. Her cough sounds a little better. The stuff in that inhaler they gave her seems to be helping.
I've read up on the progression of the virus and the next 24 or 30 hours should tell us which way this thing is going to go.
I feel like I have a bad cold but I'm still functioning. Nothing to be alarmed about yet.
Our son, who is in lockdown with us, still shows no symptoms what-so-ever. (I'm beginning to think he may be a robot)
Interesting. When you say "which way this thing is going to go" does that mean hospitalization vs starting to recover?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:23 pm
Interesting. When you say "which way this thing is going to go" does that mean hospitalization vs starting to recover?
Yes.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Shit, by NYC where I'm at they're already running out of hospital beds according to some of the news reports I'm reading. Maybe you're better off getting sick early on when they still have the staff & resources to treat it. AH mentioned that.

I wish your wife the best and hope she gets well soon RD.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:24 pm
Shit, by NYC where I'm at they're already running out of hospital beds according to some of the news reports I'm reading. Maybe you're better off getting sick early on when they still have the staff & resources to treat it. AH mentioned that.

I wish your wife the best and hope she gets well soon RD.
It sounds like they already plan to park a military hospital ship to the New York area. But there's a problem:
The Virginia-based Comfort will head to New York, which has more than 2,300 coronavirus cases. The San Diego-based Mercy will be sent to a yet-to-be-determined location along the West Coast. Trump said the hospital ships Mercy and Comfort are being prepared now and will be launched in the next week or so.

But the Comfort is currently undergoing maintenance in Norfolk, Pentagon spokesman Jonathan Hoffman said. Leaders are working to expedite the work, but it's likely to take weeks -- not days -- to complete, he said.
https://www.military.com/daily-news/202 ... -soar.html

Is Chump fibbing again, or is he just uninformed?