Well... shit! Ask a person with Coronavirus anything.

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Re: Well... shit! Ask a person with Coronavirus anything.

Post by FSchmertz »

The Comfort and Mercy will not deploy to treat COVID patients, but will be made available to assist with treatment of other patients in coastal locations where local health professionals are necessarily focused on a large number of COVID cases.
https://www.wavy.com/news/health/corona ... ow-in-nyc/
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

FSchmertz wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:05 pm
The Comfort and Mercy will not deploy to treat COVID patients, but will be made available to assist with treatment of other patients in coastal locations where local health professionals are necessarily focused on a large number of COVID cases.
https://www.wavy.com/news/health/corona ... ow-in-nyc/
It would be better off having field hospitals. Just the man power alone transporting patients back and forth it's ridiculous.
I blame Biker.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

I hear Devils Island is free.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

megman wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:15 pm I hear Devils Island is free.
Worth every penny too!
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

FSchmertz wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:01 pmIt sounds like they already plan to park a military hospital ship to the New York area. But there's a problem:

Is Chump fibbing again, or is he just uninformed?
he said today that he had talked to the owner of Carnival Cruise and they have offered a few of their cruise ships to be used as temporary hospitals.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

How old is wifey?
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:07 am How old is wifey?
Is the Milf fantasy somehow behind that question? You sickos.
CHEEZY17
Libertarian house cat

Post by CHEEZY17 »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:34 am
CHEEZY17 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:07 am How old is wifey?
Is the Milf fantasy somehow behind that question? You sickos.
No, from what we're told it affects older folks more so than younger folks. Just curious where she fits into that whole thing. From what I'm hearing lately though a lot more younger folks are also being affected.
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Flumper wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:05 pm
FSchmertz wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:01 pmIt sounds like they already plan to park a military hospital ship to the New York area. But there's a problem:

Is Chump fibbing again, or is he just uninformed?
he said today that he had talked to the owner of Carnival Cruise and they have offered a few of their cruise ships to be used as temporary hospitals.
Confirmed

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/carni ... 2020-03-19
Reservoir Dog
Ricky
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog »

There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

Her temp is down a degree and her cough is beginning to break up. This morning she asked for some solid food.
I still feel like I have a cold but it hasn't progressed beyond that.
Our robot son still shows no symptoms what-so-ever. (the kid is a freak of nature)
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Great news RD.
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:21 pm There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

Her temp is down a degree and her cough is beginning to break up. This morning she asked for some solid food.
I still feel like I have a cold but it hasn't progressed beyond that.
Our robot son still shows no symptoms what-so-ever. (the kid is a freak of nature)
Glad things took a turn for the better & y'all are recovering or not sick at all.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

Glad to hear from you, what are you doing to help manage the symptoms?
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
Charliesheen
Snarky Fucker

Post by Charliesheen »

That’s great news. Is she on her feet?
A cunt is a cunt by any other name.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Blast wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm Glad to hear from you, what are you doing to help manage the symptoms?
She has the meds they gave her. I keep her drinking fluids (whether she wants to or not). I have a fan and a humidifier running in her room. Cool moist cloths on her forehead and wrists. There's really only so much I can do.
CentralTexasCrude wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:00 am You both fucked up. You trusted me.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

It's a real problem with the similarity between this and flu, and even the "common" cold (some of which is different varieties of coronavirus, btw).

We're really not going to fix this until we can test a large percentage of the population, including all the folks that have "maybe just a cold."
Who
Adult Diaper Enthusiast
Interests: Breasts

Post by Who »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 pm
Blast wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:02 pm Glad to hear from you, what are you doing to help manage the symptoms?
She has the meds they gave her. I keep her drinking fluids (whether she wants to or not). I have a fan and a humidifier running in her room. Cool moist cloths on her forehead and wrists. There's really only so much I can do.
How is the Covid-19 sex?
A Legend In His Own Mind

All Posts Fair & Balanced
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

I read a quote from a doctor somewhere, we won't really know if we overreacted but we will know if we under reacted.
wut?
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Who wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:12 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:24 pm
How is the Covid-19 sex?
Feverish.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Wut wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:13 pm I read a quote from a doctor somewhere, we won't really know if we overreacted but we will know if we under reacted.
not really. because we only know what we read and you will be able to read everything from glorious reviews of how we reacted to the darkest of gloom reviews. we are already doing that.

I STILL do not understand the "testing" bullshit that seems to consume every single news story. Does a person right now that has "maybe a cold" think that they need a test report to confirm that they should treat themselves as though they have the bubonic plague? I don't have a single symptom, yet I behave as though I have some deadly contagion, because that just seems like the thing to do.
Reservoir Dog
Ricky

Post by Reservoir Dog »

Flumper wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:23 pm
Wut wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:13 pm I read a quote from a doctor somewhere, we won't really know if we overreacted but we will know if we under reacted.
not really. because we only know what we read and you will be able to read everything from glorious reviews of how we reacted to the darkest of gloom reviews. we are already doing that.

I STILL do not understand the "testing" bullshit that seems to consume every single news story. Does a person right now that has "maybe a cold" think that they need a test report to confirm that they should treat themselves as though they have the bubonic plague? I don't have a single symptom, yet I behave as though I have some deadly contagion, because that just seems like the thing to do.
Exactly. I've had normal cold symptoms for 5 days but I'm assuming and behaving like I'm carrying Covid.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Exactly. I've had normal cold symptoms for 5 days but I'm assuming and behaving like I'm carrying Covid.
it is actually comforting to hear an actual person that is going through this. I hope everything continues to go as good as it is and I look forward to updates. For scientific purposes.
Animal
The Great Pretender

Post by Animal »

Biker wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:34 pm
I think the math speaks for itself, no? 70k next week is the projection in a nation of 325 million

Edit: Calculation is 0.021538461538462%

Does anyone still think we are not overreacting?
That makes a shitty headline. Can we go back to bigger test numbers for that, please? thanks.
FSchmertz

Post by FSchmertz »

Reservoir Dog wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:29 pm

It is the way to go now, of course.

The numbers on how many affected are difficult, and probably will remain so for a long time.

I think the numbers cited here are too low on infection rates, and the actually fatality rates consequently are lower than calculated too. Too few have been tested to find out how many have it and have shown few signs. I'm thinking it's a large number.
CaptQuint
Biker's Biatch

Post by CaptQuint »

Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk