Life's tough decisions

All the news from the peanut gallery and where all the nasty trash talk fails miserably.
It can get NSFW-ish here: you have been warned!

Moderator: Animal

WestTexasCrude

Life's tough decisions

Post by WestTexasCrude »

So my dad the last couple of days has been complaining about pain/ discomfort similar to acid reflux in the middle chest. Pain down through his shoulders, etc. Pounded him for days to get to the hospital. Finally did today. He was on on medivac helicopter within the hour going to San Angelo. Heart attack symptoms
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Re: Life's tough decisions

Post by HighNDry »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:23 am So my dad the last couple of days has been complaining about pain/ discomfort similar to acid reflux in the middle chest. Pain down through his shoulders, etc. Pounded him for days to get to the hospital. Finally did today. He was on on medivac helicopter within the hour going to San Angelo. Heart attack symptoms
Yikes. Hope everything works out okay.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

So why aren't you in San Angelo?
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Stapes
World's Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes »

Days? WTF is wrong with you
I blame Biker.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Biker wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:25 am Oh geez. Artery blockage?
Yes, and my sister after going through her passed diabetic husbands heart problems for years knows the score.
FSchmertz
UJR Chief Meme Factchecker

Post by FSchmertz »

After all that time with symptoms, it's a miracle he woke up today.

Hope it all works out, his luck has held out so far! :fingerscrossed:
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

megman wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:36 am So why aren't you in San Angelo?
I have an older sister and younger brother. We all have no option to go there. No visitors are allowed there due to the CV BS. All hospitals are locked down like prisons. My Dad is going through this without me beside him and I'm pissed beyond recognition.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Post by FreakShowFanatic »

Hope your father gets well soon WTC. Keep up the good work taking good care of him.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

Damn. Are you at least able to keep in touch by phone?
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Biker wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:51 am
WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:39 am
Yes, and my sister after going through her passed diabetic husbands heart problems for years knows the score.
That sucks. Hang in there, WTC. Prayers to your pops
He's actually fine. Talked to him an hour ago about about bringing him clean clothes, his Kindle etc Saturday. That is not the actual issue.I'm tired and need to go to work tomorrow. The issue is stenting the major heart problems vs Opening (rib spreading) an entire cavity of a 85 year old man. I'm pretty sure I know what the doctors and insurance people want to do.Thus the "Life's tough decisions".
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

FreakShowFanatic wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:53 am Hope your father gets well soon WTC. Keep up the good work taking good care of him.
Thanks, fsf
nerd_alert
Knows the name of every naked chick

Post by nerd_alert »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:24 am
He's actually fine. Talked to him an hour ago about about bringing him clean clothes, his Kindle etc Saturday. That is not the actual issue.I'm tired and need to go to work tomorrow. The issue is stenting the major heart problems vs Opening (rib spreading) an entire cavity of a 85 year old man. I'm pretty sure I know what the doctors and insurance people want to do.Thus the "Life's tough decisions".
I would think stents would be much easier on him than cracking open ribs. My dad had a triple bypass at 76 and it was a very slow recovery. He was less than enthusiastic about doing the rehab stuff.
Antknot
Not UJR's Military Attaché

Post by Antknot »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:24 am
If a stent is a viable option that is what you want. Way less recovery time than having the chest cracked.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

All of us talked to Dad this morning- sounded great. Everything went downhill in just the last 3-4 hours. Found unconscious in his room. Rushed to ICU. Diagnosed bleeding heart valve (doctors discussing survivor rate of 50% or less). Frantically worked and got him stabilized. Emergency air transport to Dallas. Just landed at Baylor Heart hospital in Plano and being rushed into immediate surgery. Waiting for the bad/ good news call. How was your day? And thanks for everybody's thoughts.
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 pm All of us talked to Dad this morning- sounded great. Everything went downhill in just the last 3-4 hours. Found unconscious in his room. Rushed to ICU. Diagnosed bleeding heart valve (doctors discussing survivor rate of 50% or less). Frantically worked and got him stabilized. Emergency air transport to Dallas. Just landed at Baylor Heart hospital in Plano and being rushed into immediate surgery. Waiting for the bad/ good news call. How was your day? And thanks for everybody's thoughts.
Best wishes for your father and hope your family is hanging in there. I know this is highly stressful.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

Best wishes. Sorry things took a turn for the worse but it sounds like they're doing everything in their power to help your Dad out. Hopefully that works out.
HighNDry
Christ, get a life already!

Post by HighNDry »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 pm All of us talked to Dad this morning- sounded great. Everything went downhill in just the last 3-4 hours. Found unconscious in his room. Rushed to ICU. Diagnosed bleeding heart valve (doctors discussing survivor rate of 50% or less). Frantically worked and got him stabilized. Emergency air transport to Dallas. Just landed at Baylor Heart hospital in Plano and being rushed into immediate surgery. Waiting for the bad/ good news call. How was your day? And thanks for everybody's thoughts.
Holy shit. That’s horrible. Sorry to hear that. Praying for him to pull through.
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
-Mitch Hedberg
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

Thanks everybody. Just got the call- "bad"- imminent death within a couple of hours. Resting peacefully. Just got back from losing my shit out in the country by myself.
WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude »

And Boom- dead 32 hours after he reported his problems at the local hospital.
FreakShowFanatic
12 Monkeys and More!

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:22 pm Thanks everybody. Just got the call- "bad"- imminent death within a couple of hours. Resting peacefully. Just got back from losing my shit out in the country by myself.
So sorry to hear the bad news WTC. Try to be strong and keep you & your family safe.
Blast
Blast-A-Ho
Interests: Boobs, metal, boobs

Post by Blast »

WestTexasCrude wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:35 pm And Boom- dead 32 hours after he reported his problems at the local hospital.
Shit. I'm sorry WTC. I know what you're going through and it ain't gonna be easy.
If life were fair every guy's dick would be the same size.
megman
Nanook of the North

Post by megman »

Condolences
MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE. IT"S MY TOLERANCE FOR IDIOTS THAT NEEDS WORK
Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut »

Sorry to hear it, WTC, I've been there and I know how tough it is.

In a past thread about someone passing, someone suggested that a little history be shared, so when you feel up to it, tell us a little about your dad.
wut?
nerd_alert

Post by nerd_alert »

Wow, that was quick. Be thankful he didn't just linger and suffer.

Hoping you & your family can find some comfort.

Go next door and ask the blonde for some sympathy sex.
Burn1dwn
Non-Gay Omar

Post by Burn1dwn »

Condolences. Hope he suffered as little as possible.