Life's tough decisions

The forum for all things New Jersey! Maybe for those in Iraan TX. And boobs.
Flumper
The Great Pretender

Re: Life's tough decisions

Post by Flumper » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:01 am
My sister from Houston and brother from OKC are approaching San Angelo to spend the night and view the body and make funeral arrangements tomorrow. I'm staying here. I saw my Mom die in front on my eyes 11 years ago. They can be pissed all they want, I have no interest in seeing my fathers corpse. I can't do it. Impossible. Not happening.
so, i'm not following these events correctly. when he got sick they care flighted him to San Angelo. Then he got worse and they care flighted him to Baylor in Dallas (Plano). I assume that's where he died. so, did they then fly him back to San Angelo? All this was done in less than 48 hours?

Biker
Not really a democrat

Post by Biker » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:51 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:35 pm
And Boom- dead 32 hours after he reported his problems at the local hospital.
Condolences to you and your family, WTC.

Reservoir Dog
RD the Leper
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Wait?... What?... WTC's dad was Kenny Rogers?

Wut
Denmarkian Citizen

Post by Wut » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:59 pm

Flumper wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
My sister from Houston and brother from OKC are approaching San Angelo to spend the night and view the body and make funeral arrangements tomorrow. I'm staying here. I saw my Mom die in front on my eyes 11 years ago. They can be pissed all they want, I have no interest in seeing my fathers corpse. I can't do it. Impossible. Not happening.
so, i'm not following these events correctly. when he got sick they care flighted him to San Angelo. Then he got worse and they care flighted him to Baylor in Dallas (Plano). I assume that's where he died. so, did they then fly him back to San Angelo? All this was done in less than 48 hours?
Dude's building up some frequent flier miles.
My signature is a good idea.

BigRedRetard
El Jefe

Post by BigRedRetard » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm

Condolences brother.

WestTexasCrude
Weapons Grade Dumbfuckery

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:13 pm

Flumper wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
I was getting my info 2nd hand from my Sister who was getting it from the nursing staff in SA. Latest she had was they had him stabilized, flight inbound. So and so time to arrive in Plano. Turned out the flight surgeons determined he was not stable enough. Died 4 hours later in the same SA hospital.
Middle of Frickin Nowhere

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:22 pm

BigRedRetard wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 pm
Condolences brother.
Thanks BRR. Myself, Sister and Brother went to make funeral arrangements this morning. With this coronavirus, only limited private burial next Friday. Memorial service for everybody when this all ends. He moved in with me 17 years ago so I could take care of him. We were great living together, but I (and I'm sure him) enjoyed when the other left for a few days, weeks so you could have some private time. Getting back from the arrangement this morning was a gut punch for me. Never coming back. Even our cat knows something happened. I'm barely sleeping.

Antknot
Needs to step away from the keyboard.

Post by Antknot » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm

This may sound like a meaningless platitude.
Eventually you will start to feel better not normal but a new normal.
Blame Hollywood. That's what I do, and it's no less useful than blaming someone with an actual conscience.

Reservoir Dog
RD the Leper
Location: Kicking and a' gouging in the mud and the blood and the beer.

Post by Reservoir Dog » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:45 pm

Are you burying him in Iraan? If so, you can visit him whenever you like and talk to him.
My Dad died 24 years ago and I still visit his grave regularly and talk to him. I must look like an idiot doing it, but it makes me feel better.

Flumper
The Great Pretender

Post by Flumper » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:53 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:45 pm
Are you burying him in Iraan? If so, you can visit him whenever you like and talk to him.
My Dad died 24 years ago and I still visit his grave regularly and talk to him. I must look like an idiot doing it, but it makes me feel better.
well, you look like an idiot doing a lot of things, so why should that be any different?

peterosehaircut
Forum God

Post by peterosehaircut » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:55 pm

We buried my dad in 88, I haven't been to the grave site since then because that's not where he's at.

Hyperv12
Forum Newbie

Post by Hyperv12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 pm

My sincere condolences to you and yours Laddie. I lost my Dad last November at 94yrs but the last 12-18 months were very difficult with chest infections and UTIs (due to catheter) etc. Having your Dad go quickly may not seem like a blessing right now but a part of me wishes my Dad hadn’t held on through his last year.
My thoughts and prayers to you and the family.

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Antknot wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:37 pm
This may sound like a meaningless platitude.
Eventually you will start to feel better not normal but a new normal.
Yeah, I know. I'm not naive. With his age, you knew it would happen eventually. You just always figured it would be something with an end approaching soon. Not waving at you fixing to take off and dead essentially 24 hours later. My Dad and his brother (my uncle) both saw their wives go through years of decline and I was pretty surprised at their level of grief. Almost like they hadn't prepared themselves for it. I could never understand that. Anyway, thanks for your thoughts Antknot.

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:03 pm

Reservoir Dog wrote:
Yeah, going to be buried beside his wife (Mom) who passed in 2009. Everybody's different. I go out occasionally to visit. My Dad (as far as I know) has never visited her grave since the funeral. Like PeteRoseHaircut says, everybody reacts differently.

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:14 pm

Hyperv12 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 pm
My sincere condolences to you and yours Laddie. I lost my Dad last November at 94yrs but the last 12-18 months were very difficult with chest infections and UTIs (due to catheter) etc. Having your Dad go quickly may not seem like a blessing right now but a part of me wishes my Dad hadn’t held on through his last year.
Thanks Hyper, Yeah, that obviously is a good point. He was still walking 5 miles a day last week. I just figured it would a slow slog downward until the end. I guess him going quickly is where I need to focus. It's just really bad timing with this virus. Everybody just waiting for the Major to shut the field down until it passes. Sitting at home is not good.

Blast
Blast-A-Ho

Post by Blast » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:16 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:03 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Yeah, going to be buried beside his wife (Mom) who passed in 2009. Everybody's different. I go out occasionally to visit. My Dad (as far as I know) has never visited her grave since the funeral. Like PeteRoseHaircut says, everybody reacts differently.
This it's the exact reason for my February trips to the cabin. Dad had started out on a walk that morning with his dog and never made it home. I start the walk and from where he fell I take off on a different adventure, coming back to thew spot and finishing his normal morning walk route. I don't give a damn if people think it's nuts, it's time with Dad.
Fuckin' lil' whipper snappers!

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:16 pm

Flumper wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:53 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
well, you look like an idiot doing a lot of things, so why should that be any different?
Was that necessary?

FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:21 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:16 pm
Flumper wrote:
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Was that necessary?
Hey WTC, why don't you get your Dad cremated? It's a lot better for the environment.

Stapes
Worlds Only Blue Collar Guy

Post by Stapes » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:23 pm

How is your sister looking?
Not in the a.m. bro.

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:29 pm

Blast wrote:
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:03 pm
Reservoir Dog wrote:
This it's the exact reason for my February trips to the cabin. Dad had started out on a walk that morning with his dog and never made it home. I start the walk and from where he fell I take off on a different adventure, coming back to thew spot and finishing his normal morning walk route. I don't give a damn if people think it's nuts, it's time with Dad.
Thanks, Blast.

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:39 pm

FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:21 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Flumper wrote:
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Was that necessary?
Hey WTC, why don't you get your Dad cremated? It's a lot better for the environment.
His choice. We were discussing casket prices that we were fixing to be shown. I had no interest and deferred to my Sister and Brother's judgment's and didn't go in there. What a waste. People have been buried in wood boxes for thousands of years, As far as I'm concerned, when I die, have a little ceremony on the banks of the Pecos and toss me in and let me float to the Gulf. My Mom was cremated. That was her wish. She was claustrophobic. :lol:

FreakShowFanatic
Kim Noble With Nuts

Post by FreakShowFanatic » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:43 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:39 pm
FreakShowFanatic wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:21 pm
WestTexasCrude wrote:
Flumper wrote:
Reservoir Dog wrote:
Was that necessary?
His choice. We were discussing casket prices that we were fixing to be shown. I had no interest and deferred to my Sister and Brother's judgment's and didn't go in there. What a waste. People have been buried in wood boxes for thousands of years, As far as I'm concerned, when I die, have a little ceremony on the banks of the Pecos and toss me in and let me float to the Gulf. My Mom was cremated. That was her wish. She was claustrophobic. :lol:
True dat boss. I want to be cremated but when my dad died when he was only 74 my mom insisted that he be buried. I didn't argue or give her a hard time about it although I'm reasonably sure he couldn't have cared less if he was cremated. :lol:

Hyperv12
Forum Newbie

Post by Hyperv12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:47 pm

WestTexasCrude wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:14 pm
Hyperv12 wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 pm
Thanks Hyper, Yeah, that obviously is a good point. He was still walking 5 miles a day last week. I just figured it would a slow slog downward until the end. I guess him going quickly is where I need to focus. It's just really bad timing with this virus. Everybody just waiting for the Major to shut the field down until it passes. Sitting at home is not good.
Feeling helpless is never easy, with the current virus issue or otherwise. I hear you.

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:52 pm

Anyway, enough with the gloom and doom. Let's shut this thread down. I'm just going through what every child or parent has experienced since humans walked out of Africa. I will survive like everybody else. Thanks for everybody's thoughts. This is just going to be rough.Back to the UJR fun. Anybody know where I can find that. :lol:

WestTexasCrude

Post by WestTexasCrude » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:12 am

I just don't see the point anymore going forward. End of the line.